Home workouts. What are you doing? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Home workouts. What are you doing?

Well they opened up the gyms here in Georgia today. I'm not sure if I will go or not. I think it's way too soon to go back. I'm interested to see what restrictions are put in place. This is what hair salons have to do to reopen here in Georgia.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Well they opened up the gyms here in Georgia today. I'm not sure if I will go or not. I think it's way too soon to go back. I'm interested to see what restrictions are put in place. This is what hair salons have to do to reopen here in Georgia.

View attachment 180207
Yeah... just stay closed

I have been such a slacker. The weather has been a real demotivator. I've been trying to run, but it's been hard to get into much of a dedicated routine.

I should be getting lean and mean, but instead I'm drinking booze and playing world of warcraft. It's like my 20s all over again.

Back on track with my workouts. Very glad about that.

I'm planning on using my corona time to push the Mountain on his recent record. Need to knock off Cusefan0307 first on my way there.

Holy ish, he made that look easy. Eddie's 500kg lift nearly killed him.

Back on track with my workouts. Very glad about that.

I'm planning on using my corona time to push the Mountain on his recent record. Need to knock off Cusefan0307 first on my way there.

The kettlebell isn't cutting it much anymore. I'm about to overrule the wife and purchase a squat rack and about 10 plates.

You can't watch old reruns forever. At least I can't.

My gym closed and I don't feel like moving furniture out of a room so set up my weights that have been stacked in the garage for years.

I've been doing yoga online, pull ups and riding my bike. Here's one that's pretty good yoga link

I may set up a limited amount of weights but I'm looking for exercise ideas to suplement not having a gym.
So, I decided to do something different Saturday...

Ran 32 100M hills...ran a hill, walked down (about 2 mins of rest)...

My calves and quads feel like someone has been hitting them with a sledgehammer...

Just started a new 5x5 program to become more powerful on my bench, deadlift, and squat. Doing lifts three times a week while focusing on some parts of the body. Mixing the lifting in with three cardio days a week, anywhere between 30 minutes and 60 minutes of running. Was really happy with my deadlift numbers today - as I peaked at 245 x 5 reps. My goal is to eventually hit the 300 club on those three major lifts.

Just started a new 5x5 program to become more powerful on my bench, deadlift, and squat. Doing lifts three times a week while focusing on some parts of the body. Mixing the lifting in with three cardio days a week, anywhere between 30 minutes and 60 minutes of running. Was really happy with my deadlift numbers today - as I peaked at 245 x 5 reps. My goal is to eventually hit the 300 club on those three major lifts.
Saw your post. Question for you. Why the close grip? Never have seen that one before.

Stronglifts?

Saw your post. Question for you. Why the close grip? Never have seen that one before.

Funny story - it's actually the way I've always deadlifted. I had one of my strength coach friends reach out with the same question today and offered me a friendly tip with the grip. He said. should expect to see a good increase in weight just in balancing the bar out with the grip change - so I am excited for Wednesday to see.

Funny story - it's actually the way I've always deadlifted. I had one of my strength coach friends reach out with the same question today and offered me a friendly tip with the grip. He said. should expect to see a good increase in weight just in balancing the bar out with the grip change - so I am excited for Wednesday to see.
I have to go really wide because I'm so damned bowlegged that I ended up hitting my knees with my arms if I don't start in the right position. Which takes away my concentration, etc...

Not sure of his foot stance (sumo or conventional) but possible keeps more of an upright torso and so it feels more natural.

So, I decided to do something different Saturday...

Ran 32 100M hills...ran a hill, walked down (about 2 mins of rest)...

My calves and quads feel like someone has been hitting them with a sledgehammer...

Sounds tough! Do you ever run them down hill? I think it was Andre Reed who did a lot of down hill sprints to lengthen his stride.

no joke I feel like I’m standing like 4 inches higher.

i can only imagine how crunched my spine was from all the sitting from driving, at work.

I have used some YouTube power yoga that has added some inches on my vertical. as I’ve gotten older, I’ve definitely learned that spine health is so Important.