Home workouts. What are you doing? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Home workouts. What are you doing?

My wife didn't approve of my "fatten up for when the food storage runs out" plan for very long so now every morning we do Madfit workouts on YouTube. They're pretty fun, and the woman that records the videos is not the worst thing to look at in the morning. It's acceptable.

Joke's on my wife though, there's no way we're spending enough time doing these to actually thwart my fattening plan.

My wife didn't approve of my "fatten up for when the food storage runs out" plan for very long so now every morning we do Madfit workouts on YouTube. They're pretty fun, and the woman that records the videos is not the worst thing to look at in the morning. It's acceptable.

Joke's on my wife though, there's no way we're spending enough time doing these to actually thwart my fattening plan.
My wife told me I was getting a gut from drinking too much beer. I just laughed at her and told that it wasn’t possible . You can never drink “too much” beer . Give me a break .

Yeah man... haha.
I was doing bigger leaner stronger religiously until this, now I just do the kettlebell and take a million long walks with bored kids

No cardio for months and I smoked my kid in a sprint after not beating him by much last summer. That's the good news, bad news is he's nine and you should be able to beat a nine year old

Last edited:
Have any of you runner types tried running with a mouth cover/mask on yet? I have not. Wondering what the experiences are so far with it. I'm starting to get a bit paranoid out there due to so many people being on the paths.

Have any of you runner types tried running with a mouth cover/mask on yet? I have not. Wondering what the experiences are so far with it. I'm starting to get a bit paranoid out there due to so many people being on the paths.

Ive been completely avoiding any kind of paths, trails, etc. because it’s all way too crowded now.

Im going to just start driving into the country, pulling over on the side of the road and walking through the woods - posted or not. I’m desperate to get outside and move around but there’s just too many people out doing the same thing.

Ive been completely avoiding any kind of paths, trails, etc. because it’s all way too crowded now.

Im going to just start driving into the country, pulling over on the side of the rode and walking through the woods - posted or not. I’m desperate to get outside and move around but there’s just too many people out doing the same thing.
We drove by 4 trailheads the other day because the parking areas were way too packed.

We drove by 4 trailheads the other day because the parking areas were way too packed.

Yup. The last couple times I’ve pulled in, seen all the cars, and pulled back out.

Even in town - everybody and their dog is out on the sidewalks and rather than everybody that’s going the same direction being on the same side of the road(seems like common sense but that’s way too much for people to handle, I guess) - so you can avoid walking past people - it’s a complete organizational mess.

Yup. The last couple times I’ve pulled in, seen all the cars, and pulled back out.

Even in town - everybody and their dog is out on the sidewalks and rather than everybody that’s going the same direction being on the same side of the road(seems like common sense but that’s way too much for people to handle, I guess) - so you can avoid walking past people - it’s a complete organizational mess.
It's getting to the point I'm going to start yelling at people. Dumbasses walking in the middle of the path, couples that split and expect you to walk through the middle. All idiots. And no one knows to walk into traffic (against the flow) on the road. Bike with, walk against.

It's getting to the point I'm going to start yelling at people. Dumbasses walking in the middle of the path, couples that split and expect you to walk through the middle. All idiots. And no one knows to walk into traffic (against the flow) on the road. Bike with, walk against.

I went by a house the other day(across the street from where I was walking) and right as I passed all of a sudden I heard nonstop coughing and throat clearing. There were two guys hanging out on the porch, but it didn’t appear to be them doing the coughing. On my way back(I went to the other side of the road again because I wanted to be far away from the coughing), same thing. Nonstop coughing as soon as I got close. I’m guessing the windows were open and it was someone inside being a smartass.

Long story short, I want to beat the snot out of some people.

The masks that aren't N95 don't protect you from others. They protect everyone else in the event that you have it and don't know it.

If you live where the ground is dry, I'd try some cross country running.

I joined max.com! Talking to tons of women. I tell them I don’t care how they look cause I have masks.

You can't watch old reruns forever. At least I can't.

My gym closed and I don't feel like moving furniture out of a room so set up my weights that have been stacked in the garage for years.

I've been doing yoga online, pull ups and riding my bike. Here's one that's pretty good yoga link

I may set up a limited amount of weights but I'm looking for exercise ideas to suplement not having a gym.
So, I've settled into a three day cycle:

Day 1 -

Timed Mile - 5 mins rest
4 Timed 400s - 2 mins rest
4 Timed 200s - 1 min rest
4 timed 100s - 30 secs rest

Adding to this slowly. This can be modified to add different distances: 2 mile, 800. Also number of reps can be modified - 6 400s, 8 200s etc...

Day 2 -

1 min jumping rope - No rest
pushups - No rest
core - No rest
MMA sequence - kicks, punches, combos, -- No rest
Yoga pose as stretches to loosen extreme tightness from intervals - Serves as rest before next cycle...

Up to 8 cycles (about 1 hour and 10 mins). When I get to 10 cycles, will up the time on the jumping rope, the reps on pushups and core

Day 3 -

Yoga - 75 mins

Sun Salutations - Hold for 30 secs each pose
Chair sequence - Hold for 1 Min each pose
Flow sequence - Hold for 1 Min each pose
Balance sequence - Hold for 1 Min each pose
Ground sequence - Hold for 1 Min each pose

Having a boxing timer really helps with this...

My legs fully recover from intervals in 3 days so this sequence works...

So, I've settled into a three day cycle:

Day 1 -

Timed Mile - 5 mins rest
4 Timed 400s - 2 mins rest
4 Timed 200s - 1 min rest
4 timed 100s - 30 secs rest

Adding to this slowly. This can be modified to add different distances: 2 mile, 800. Also number of reps can be modified - 6 400s, 8 200s etc...

Day 2 -

1 min jumping rope - No rest
pushups - No rest
core - No rest
MMA sequence - kicks, punches, combos, -- No rest
Yoga pose as stretches to loosen extreme tightness from intervals - Serves as rest before next cycle...

Up to 8 cycles (about 1 hour and 10 mins). When I get to 10 cycles, will up the time on the jumping rope, the reps on pushups and core

Day 3 -

Yoga - 75 mins

Sun Salutations - Hold for 30 secs each pose
Chair sequence - Hold for 1 Min each pose
Flow sequence - Hold for 1 Min each pose
Balance sequence - Hold for 1 Min each pose
Ground sequence - Hold for 1 Min each pose

Having a boxing timer really helps with this...

My legs fully recover from intervals in 3 days so this sequence works...

Some really strong workouts, nice.
I just started yoga a couple of years ago. One of the best things I ever did. I wish I started it a long time ago.

Some really strong workouts, nice.
I just started yoga a couple of years ago. One of the best things I ever did. I wish I started it a long time ago.
I don't remember exactly when I started but it was probably 10-11 years ago...

I swear by it...

I don't remember exactly when I started but it was probably 10-11 years ago...

I swear by it...

It really helps with aches and pains along with movement. I've got a bone on bone shoulder and a knee that was repaired a couple of times years ago. Yoga took away years of nagging pain.

It really helps with aches and pains along with movement. I've got a bone on bone shoulder and a knee that was repaired a couple of times years ago. Yoga took away years of nagging pain.
Yoga has taught me a ton about my body and how so much pain is not caused by where the pain is being felt but is radiating from issues in other areas.

Loosening up other areas can often cause pain felt someplace else to go away...

Great example is how loosening up hammies, IT bands, hip flexors and hips can make a world of difference in terms of getting rid of lower back pain and stiffness...