Hooville Postgame thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

Hooville Postgame thoughts...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Stink, stank, stunk...

UVA Stats.png

3 losses, each where the game was well over by the 4 minute break. Competitive moments, but not good enough to actually compete.

Was this the same team that just beat LSU? Could'a fooled me. this was the worst game I have seen us play.

Wasn't that terrific! What did we make one 3? We looked like a grammar school team playing IMG. None of our best players did anything. We were LSU in this game. They should have gotten on the plane at halftime. I'm making this sound really bad because it was. We looked like we hadn't slept in weeks.

3's, they couldn't miss - everything went in. Can't wait to see their percentage for the game. I keep saying everyone should line up at the end of practice and shoot 100 3's until we can't miss otherwise this is going to be a long year. Bad. :mad:

Last edited:
Was this the same team the just beat LSU? Could a fooled me. this was the worst game I have seen us play.

Wasn't that was terrific! What did we make one 3? We looked like a grammar school team playing IMG. None of our best players did anything. We were LSU in this game. They should have gotten on the plane at halftime and I'm making this sound really bad because it was. We looked like we hadn't slept in weeks.

3's, they couldn't miss - everything went in. Can't wait to see their percentage for the game. I keep saying everyone should line up at the end of practice and shoot 100 3's until we can't miss otherwise this is going to be a long year. Bad. :mad:
New flash - LSU is awful

The larger issue remains a lack of identity with this team on both sides of the ball. While the roster may just not be there this year, and that's okay, it's hard to say what this team is really trying to do, and that is highly concerning.

Mintz was 2 for 8 seem like he took the ball inside and lost it more than 8 times alone. Good D on the part of Virginia and poor recognition by Syracuse Guards on who was open when they were being mugged going to the basket.

Too much dribbling. Not enough, average, shooters. Playing a team that aggressively challenges pick and roll, and forces the dribbler away from the basket and to another defender. Yeah...this is the outcome.

The sad thing is I was actually looking forward to this game. My fault for thinking we actually could and should have competed.
Same. I was excited for this game for days. Really frustrating when I feel like I care more than the people in charge. Humiliating game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom