Hope Scott Shafer lands in a good spot. | Syracusefan.com

Hope Scott Shafer lands in a good spot.

If he won, he'd have been a hero.
I guess:
"Shafer, is the, one coach to have, when you're having more than one."

One of the great beer jingles.

I remember every word.

Beautifully politically incorrect.

“This man’s world”…. “When you’re having more than one” …”even when your thirst is done”

It’s genius.

It's a bit crazy to me that he was only 4 years older than FB is when he was promoted. He seemed so much older to me. Or maybe Fran comes across as younger. I wanted him to work out. I liked his passion. He just didn't have the chops.

Some of you guys are meatheads. Shafer was learning on the job. BFD. He recruited Dungey which is the only reason Dino had ANY success here. He was given the shortest leash in SU coaching history and had a bowl win under his belt. In case many of you don't remember, Marrone hated recruiting and left him kaka for depth. Was he an amazing coach, nah but fing Grob got more rope FFS.

Don't forget he had a pretty bad run with his starting QBs too. Not his fault that his starting QB broke his leg and then tore his Achilles. Imagine Dino's record without a starting QB? As for the Cigar, he got f'ed by the school so he gave us a f you. I don't fault him for it. Harrison, as a legacy, has been just as disrespectful IMO.

Some of you guys are meatheads. Shafer was learning on the job. BFD. He recruited Dungey which is the only reason Dino had ANY success here. He was given the shortest leash in SU coaching history and had a bowl win under his belt. In case many of you don't remember, Marrone hated recruiting and left him kaka for depth. Was he an amazing coach, nah but fing Grob got more rope FFS.

Don't forget he had a pretty bad run with his starting QBs too. Not his fault that his starting QB broke his leg and then tore his Achilles. Imagine Dino's record without a starting QB? As for the Cigar, he got f'ed by the school so he gave us a f you. I don't fault him for it. Harrison, as a legacy, has been just as disrespectful IMO.
Remind me how SU f’ed him and what does Marvin Harrison have to do with any of this?

Remind me how SU f’ed him and what does Marvin Harrison have to do with any of this?
Name another coach in modern SU history that only got 3 years with one of them being a winning season with a bowl win. The other two seasons he lost his starting QB within the first couple of games. The year he was fired he was playing with a 4th string QB. He was given a very shallow depth chart and brought in one of the best QBs in recent history.

As for the Harrison comment, he had a history of not exactly dissing SU, but not really acknowledging his alma mater either and if memory serves me correctly, essentially said no way was SU ever really in the running for Jr. I'm old, I come from a time when legacies were a thing. I don't think they are anymore so yeah after a little more coffee you can ignore that. Shafer still got a pretty raw deal by Coyle.

I’ll give Scott this, I think he was a much better recruiter than Dino. Both incompetent when it came to in game coaching.

The most underrated Shafer moment was when he beat NC State on the road in 2013 and all the “hard nosed football” jokes were born

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom