Hope this is JBs last year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hope this is JBs last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want JB to coach 50years than pass it to Hop

Still waiting for all the haters to actually say what they would constructively do, ya know, other than fire people and play m2m with the most not m2m roster we’ve probably ever had. oh yeh, recruit better.

It’ll get worse.
It will get worse as long as Jim stays. He is in an extremely difficult situation. Recruiting isnt going to improve. Its not terrible but Jims days of landing top talent left when Hop left.
The program is in serious decline. Simply put its stale and its not going to improve. We have become irrelevant. Hopefully Jim recognizes the situation and steps down after the season.

Still waiting for all the haters to actually say what they would constructively do, ya know, other than fire people and play m2m with the most not m2m roster we’ve probably ever had. oh yeh, recruit better.
I would have held JB to his agreement, not let the high dollar donors tell me otherwise, and started the Hop era.

It hardly matters. JB is 75, he should have already left, and he will soon enough.

This reflects what I think of is the “SU Fan new coach fantasy”.

That’s the fantasy some have in their minds of a replacement riding in on a white stallion and bringing back the glory days. Money is no object, in this fantasy. Spotty records of ethical behavior will be ignored, if necessary.

Just put the Help Wanted sign out and all the top young coaches will line up to interview.

Delusional!

There’s nothing “to do”. JB is the coach, he’s not changing anything he does, and recruiting is as poor as it’s ever been. We’re bad, getting worse, and it just is what it is.

I would have held JB to his agreement, not let the high dollar donors tell me otherwise, and started the Hop era.
What high dollar donors are these?

Got some names?

The progam is in Shambles no matter how you spin it

That’s the fantasy some have in their minds of a replacement riding in on a white stallion and bringing back the glory days. Money is no object, in this fantasy. Spotty records of ethical behavior will be ignored, if necessary.

Just put the Help Wanted sign out and all the top young coaches will line up to interview.

Delusional!
Again, all your admonishments don’t matter. JB won’t be the coach much longer. Maybe it’ll be this year (doubtful), or maybe it’ll be when Buddy graduates. But quite soon he’ll be gone. And then we’ll see how it goes. Your assurance that we’ll suck forever the second he leaves is as speculative as any other prediction.

I hear what you’re saying. I just mean now with this team. It’s frustrating and even if everyone improves it still might not be enough to turn these guys into a winning team.

The progam is in Shambles no matter how you spin it

I’d start out at making adjustments at halftime like our opponents tend to do. And sub more...there is no reason Howard and Jesse can’t get in the game here and there to give sone guys a breather so they are fresher at the end of games. You could tell our players were tired and worn down towards the end of the game. So start by making adjustments and sub more.

I saw time and time again...the corner three was wide open for VT. Maybe try oh idk covering that space. Instead of sitting in the zone allowing VTech to take minutes off the clock towards the end of the game and getting second and third chances, press sooner and switch defenses.
That’s what I’d do. But it’s a moot point.

Delusional!

So should we be thinking about moving hoops to the A-10 maybe the Patriot league? I mean the AAC probably won't even want us once JB is gone.

We do have a brand and investment in the program. That immediately becomes attractive to a coach. Our guy fell off his stallion when his young co-pilot went west. It will take a couple years but if you honestly think it never returns to glory then JB really hasn't been as much to the program as you think. In that case then he is the Brand not SU and that sours his own legacy.

I hear what you’re saying. I just mean now with this team. It’s frustrating and even if everyone improves it still might not be enough to turn these guys into a winning team.
Then play more players. This ain’t working. Prep for next year, cause this one is toast.

This is a very constructive criticism. And essentially what it all boils down to.

Our players aren't even close to the level needed to be successful against Top 25 teams on a consistent basis.

Our center position has been abysmal for nearly 6 years and our point guard essentially the same level.

And when we do have talent, the vast majority leave before they're even ready. We have had numerous players jump ship to the NBA that weren't ready, but it's their decision so let's leave them to it.

That's all well and good, but take a look at the likes of UNC & Gonzaga. They regularly have players stay and live up to their potential -- and not bolt as soon as they have a chance. The kid Hachimura would have left after his sophomore season at SU, there's no doubt in my mind.

Cam Johnson played five collegiate seasons and yet was still selected No. 11 overall in the NBA Draft. Yet our kids can't wait to bolt just for a chance to go to the G-League. Why is this? Could it be only because the weather sucks in Syracuse? The weather ain't peachy all the time in Spokane, either.

Delusional!

We don’t need the glory days. We need 20-11 (10-10) regular seasons. This will mark 5 straight years where we failed to achieve that. Every year that JB stays you can add to that streak.

You are out of your mind insane if you think going 14-18 for the next three years is what is best for the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.