Hopkins loses another assistant | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins loses another assistant

Wow I can't sugar coat this is a rough start for Hop.

Last edited:
Oh boy...not a good look.

I can understand Hart/usc - this one just doesn't really make sense, after Cuonzo leaving and Cal seemingly not able to offer more $ than UW

Tim isn't the loss that Hart was. not even close. he was a good choice. A guy that Hop knows and trusts. A guy that had Head coaching experience. But, not the end of the world. hart hurt. Hop could have been powerful in both the L.A. and Seattle areas with Hart and Conway. Bad move by O'Toole in my book. Hop just got a 6 year deal. O'Toole is now with a new guy at Cal. Let's see how that works out.

Just read an article in Seattle Times from 4 hours ago...seems like his staff is coming together...he will then be able to focus on recruiting...he is going to be fine and will recruit just fine...everyone knew Porter was bolting...he and the staff will talk with the team and recruits and once they see things stable and Hop in control, things will be good to go...

UW Huskies on Scout‏ @UWonScout 11h11 hours ago
SOURCES: Cameron Dollar set to rejoin UW http://www.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./college/washington/story/1765709-sources-cameron-dollar-set-to-rejoin-uw …

C7xhjb0UwAApFtv.jpg

2 replies12 retweets43 likes

Wow. Feel bad for Hop. Hart was the big shot. I'm not sure that Tim even matters that much. I can't stand Cameron dollar personally but he is a solid recruiter. In his local interviews he talked about recruiting Seattle and he is really backing that up with Conway and dollar.

Wow. Can't believe O'Toole said no. Hop needs a bench coach - that was the role O'Toole was going to play. The Hart thing also surprised me. This is a rough start - its not the staff Hop was expecting to have.

He should realize this isn't going to work and come home.

I am surprised by this. O'Toole would have been Hop' s Bernie Fine, without the allegations. If you plan on being on the road recruiting and helping out with team USA, a coach needs someone to leave at home that they are comfortable with and trust. Let's see who he finds. I wonder if Allen Griffin goes to IU or Washington.

He should realize this isn't going to work and come home.

The UW fans are not going to be happy campers with the loss of their best recruiting class and an upcoming disastrous season compared to their expectations. Our posters wonder how Romar was able to recruit given his under-performance. Romar was plugged into the region with a lifetime of connections to coaches and summer leagues. Mike's connections are not in the Pacific NW. I surmise that Mike underestimated big time what he is walking into. This whole thing is bad news for both UW and the Cuse. Bayside's post is tongue in cheek, but it is really the best move that Mike could make in regards to both schools and himself.

Still the right move for him and none of this is really unexpected. Good luck to him. Let's move on.

Only part I don't agree with is none of this is unexpected. The Porter thing is hardly a surprise and you had to guess there would be some players that may look at their options - there always is with a new coach. But I don't think the issues assembling a staff were expected.

Only part I don't agree with is none of this is unexpected. The Porter thing is hardly a surprise and you had to guess there would be some players that may look at their options - there always is with a new coach. But I don't think the issues assembling a staff were expected.
UW fans don't have an issue with losing all their players, in the sense, they knew it was coming with the firing of Romar.

UW fans rightfully seem a little on edge with the fact two guys with strong ties to Hop didn't come along with him and he ends up hiring Cameron Dollar.

Bayside's post is tongue in cheek, but it is really the best move that Mike could make in regards to both schools and himself.

Giving up in his second week and running away from his dream of being a HC? That's his best move? He'd never get another job again! And I include Syracuse in that. You don't think Wildhack would be somewhat turned off by the entire episode enough to do a search for a next HC? It would nuke Hop's entire career!

UW fans don't have an issue with losing all their players, in the sense, they knew it was coming with the firing of Romar.

UW fans rightfully seem a little on edge with the fact two guys with strong ties to Hop didn't come along with him and he ends up hiring Cameron Dollar.
Dollar isn't a bad hire. Eight years of head coaching experience. Been in Seattle for 15 straight years now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom