Hopkins loses another assistant | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins loses another assistant

I would love to see jb grab Hart

I would like that too but I doubt Hart would leave USC for Boeheim. He said some real snarky stuff about JB in that one Etan podcast with Allen Griffin and Duany. Pretty sure towards the end of it he said something like, "I got some things to say to Boeheim if we see each other again." Something pretty close to that at least.

I would like that too but I doubt Hart would leave USC for Boeheim. He said some real snarky stuff about JB in that one Etan podcast with Allen Griffin and Duany. Pretty sure towards the end of it he said something like, "I got some things to say to Boeheim if we see each other again." Something pretty close to that at least.

Kid played like 36 mpg for 4 straight years and got to the NBA. "Thank you for the many opportunities to prove myself" should be all he has to say.

Kid played like 36 mpg for 4 straight years and got to the NBA. "Thank you for the many opportunities to prove myself" should be all he has to say.
unless he tried for autry's or gmac's job and got passed over...going by board history of not understanding things...this is probably exactly what he meant.

That comment by Hart was said tongue in cheek. I remember it going something like this. Otis Hill said, "Kueth I don't know why Boeheim was so hard on you. I'm going to press him about that the next time I see him. We don't have to be scared of him no more. We grown now." Everyone laughed and Hart said, "I got a few things I'm going to say to him the next time I see him." People still laughing.

The idea that Hart has a problem with Boeheim with the amount of interviews that he has done calling Syracuse family I find kind of funny.

uh, no

No idea why I had Fultz on my mind... i meant Nowell as only player left (beside from that 2/3 star kid) from this draft class since Davis asked for his release.

How the hell did he pull that recruiting class coming off 9-23 and 6 years without dancing?

Yet we can have 2 final fours in a short period of time and get one top 50 recruit out of the deal. It's amazing.....

Wow , Mike has made his friends some big time $. He's naming SU connected people who are obviously coveted where they already are and for programs now willing to pay for that appreciation.
No joke. He should be getting thank you cards. Hart hurt the most. I'm still kind of surprised if he offered Hart associate head coach that he stayed at USC. I'm guessing he sees it as he is from LA and if he leaves for UW he is going to move again in 2 years when he gets a head job. Also the big raise played a role I'm sure although he was in the NBA for a decade and I have to imagine he doesn't have financial problems. I don't know Hop but I would think hiring Cameron Dollar is a 2 year move. He will probably get a head job again but he really knows Seattle and can help build that recruiting base for Hop and then 2 years from now he can hire someone else he knows maybe.

No joke. He should be getting thank you cards. Hart hurt the most. I'm still kind of surprised if he offered Hart associate head coach that he stayed at USC. I'm guessing he sees it as he is from LA and if he leaves for UW he is going to move again in 2 years when he gets a head job. Also the big raise played a role I'm sure although he was in the NBA for a decade and I have to imagine he doesn't have financial problems. I don't know Hop but I would think hiring Cameron Dollar is a 2 year move. He will probably get a head job again but he really knows Seattle and can help build that recruiting base for Hop and then 2 years from now he can hire someone else he knows maybe.

Trying not to be biased but I think USC is trending upwards, frankly. Enfield is a proven good coach, recruiting is hot for them right now, they are a young team, SWEET arena, etc. Two straight tournament appearances and almost beat Baylor to get to the E8. Not surprised at all Hart stayed put.

My phone spazzed out with excitement of the thought. My keyboard is a pain here. I'll pay for the plane ticket over a new phone.

Trying not to be biased but I think USC is trending upwards, frankly. Enfield is a proven good coach, recruiting is hot for them right now, they are a young team, SWEET arena, etc. Two straight tournament appearances and almost beat Baylor to get to the E8. Not surprised at all Hart stayed put.
I get that. If you are Hart though you probably feel like you recruiting many of the good players and you could get them to go to UW. He would also get to work for Hop which I imagine is a big plus. I think it was probably mostly uprooting your family to leave where you are from for probably less money. I was thinking the associate head coach and Hop would be a huge pull. Either way I get the decision. If Hop hadn't opened his mouth when he interviewed at USC and just said he wanted to hire people he knows with LA roots then USC could have hired whoever they wanted and J Hart would probably still be at Pepperdine.

Hop will sign some local Seattle HS coach or maybe a Portland St. Seattle U. assistant, someone connected with the local scene. then he'll leverage his McKnight contact to hire someone from SoCal. He won't recruit like Romar but he'll be a better coach & he'll do just fine

If he's striking out with his first choices, maybe he can take McNamara with him.

here's the way it's gonna go: in a year or 2, Red is going to be offered a HC gig and is going to take it. Gerry will move up to 1st chair.

and when JB retires 2-3 years after that, GMac takes over.

learn it, live it, love it.

Last edited:
here's the way it's gonna go: in a year or 2, Red is going to be offered a HC gig and is going to take it. Gerry will move up to 1st chair.

th

L

771284821130391473.jpg

Let's hire Cooney to replace Hopkins while your at it.

If GMac is the HC in 2-3 years. This place will go nuclear.

What a Toole

Who is a tool? Why would anyone leave solid D1 positions to go into the unknown with Hop. A guy, that was handed a power 5, pac 12 job without ever being a head coach at any level in college. Plenty of skepticism and for good reason. I for one, am happy we will launch an appropriate HC search when JB leaves. Yes, Hop kinda got jerked around with the whole CIW situation, yes, BS. That said, he was handed a job coaches work decades for.

Hop will sign some local Seattle HS coach or maybe a Portland St. Seattle U. assistant, someone connected with the local scene. then he'll leverage his McKnight contact to hire someone from SoCal. He won't recruit like Romar but he'll be a better coach & he'll do just fine

I didn't feel well after eating too much Jack in the Box, but this is putting me over the edge... Ugghhhhh

Who is a tool? Why would anyone leave solid D1 positions to go into the unknown with Hop. A guy, that was handed a power 5, pac 12 job without ever being a head coach at any level in college. Plenty of skepticism and for good reason. I for one, am happy we will launch an appropriate HC search when JB leaves. Yes, Hop kinda got jerked around with the whole CIW situation, yes, BS. That said, he was handed a job coaches work decades for.

The joke

Your head

The joke

Your head

What? Explain. Go ahead and try. Paying your dues isnt sitting next to a head coaching icon for 20 years waiting for the job to be handed to you. And now, as he breaks out, the coaching fraternity is echoing my sentiments. Your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom