Horse Racing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

Apparently, he angered NYRA brass.
[/QUOTE]

Translation: He wanted to much $ and got too big for his britches

Don't know if any of you guys play the stronach pick 5 on fridays but it's a great bet with very little take out. $1 minimum

[/QUOTE]
I had the opportunity last August to watch Larry call a race up close and personal. I tried attaching the video but it said the file was too large. I'll have to try again when I get more time.

Larry is great and always early to Saratoga and very approachable whenever people see him which the game needs for sure. I had a horse that strung some nice wins together at Saratoga/ Belmont and he became one of Larry's favorites on the NYRA circuit for his front running take no prisoners type of running style

[/QUOTE]
Have heard it was more than money. The too big for his britches rings true. Egos abound at NYRA.

Don't know if any of you guys play the stronach pick 5 on fridays but it's a great bet with very little take out. $1 minimum
dont know what it is?

i do the TVG cash keeper contest on fridays

so it looks like an express bet acct is required..

Last edited:
dont know what it is?

i do the TVG cash keeper contest on fridays

so it looks like an express bet acct is required..
It’s a $1 pick 5 played every Friday and spread throughout the stronach racetracks. laurel, gulf,Santa anita, golden gate. 12% takeout and 100K guanteeed pot. It’s great because it usually starts around 4 pm and because it’s on 3-4 tracks it takes about 90 Minutes it’s good action. Payouts are really solid

Sole Volante in the Sam Davis was impressive knocking off Independence hall

Sole Volante in the Sam Davis was impressive knocking off Independence hall
I liked ajaweed but Rosario probably brought him too far back. Independence Hall ran a good race, jock may have moved too quick into a quick pace but I thought he looked beatable last out at aqueduct

Lost last race of pick 6 today at aqueduct... $21 bet was on the hook in last for 28k or 42k. Both horses never had a shot which makes it easier I guess.

Attachments

• 59D39665-C9A2-4CD6-93E3-D97E2DB2E94C.png
    59D39665-C9A2-4CD6-93E3-D97E2DB2E94C.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 130
Not horses but i was betting dogs in florida yesterday. won 73 bucks on a quinella 3 dog box that i could have put for a trifecta and won that as well. it was fun

This latest arrest/case on Servis (maximum security) and Navarro (XY JET) might be it for me. Think I’m done. Not only did I lose money through the years times at Gulfstream on clearly rigged races both with doped up horses and jockey nonsense, but Narravo killed poor XJ Jet with those drugs.

Baffert and Miller will be next on the west coast...I feel like a fool for playing as long as I did. I’m sure I’ll follow along and play the big races but the not every weekend like I do now

This latest arrest/case on Servis (maximum security) and Navarro (XY JET) might be it for me. Think I’m done. Not only did I lose money through the years times at Gulfstream on clearly rigged races both with doped up horses and jockey nonsense, but Narravo killed poor XJ Jet with those drugs.

Baffert and Miller will be next on the west coast...I feel like a fool for playing as long as I did. I’m sure I’ll follow along and play the big races but the not every weekend like I do now
This sport can't get out of its own way. I'm at the half century mark and the sport as we know it will cease to exist in my lifetime. Also - it won't pain me to see Baffert get tagged.

couldnt you also have won money on those races too?

Not really the point. Even if you won, the parimutuel odds were totally fd by the folks that knew about the doping. Also I know I had a negative ROI at gulfstream. They repeatedly would have some nonsense in a race in their horizontals. The one that I also go back to was Jeltran in that Oaks prep race that was literally crap for 3 races then out of nowhere went crazy. Didn’t buy it at the time, now I’m sure it was a total fix

Not really the point. Even if you won, the parimutuel odds were totally fd by the folks that knew about the doping. Also I know I had a negative ROI at gulfstream. They repeatedly would have some nonsense in a race in their horizontals. The one that I also go back to was Jeltran in that Oaks prep race that was literally crap for 3 races then out of nowhere went crazy. Didn’t buy it at the time, now I’m sure it was a total fix
Are NY tracks going to escape being impacted by this and if so why? Does NYRA get credit?

Are NY tracks going to escape being impacted by this and if so why? Does NYRA get credit?

NYRA won’t escape this either. Navarro and Servis had plenty of horses run on their tracks

[
NYRA won’t escape this either. Navarro and Servis had plenty of horses run on their tracks

Servis runs a lot of horses at NYRA tracks and had a barn there. Navarro is 95% Monmouth and Gulfstream. He runs a few at Saratoga over the summer but not a ton

[

Servis runs a lot of horses at NYRA tracks and had a barn there. Navarro is 95% Monmouth and Gulfstream. He runs a few at Saratoga over the summer but not a ton

Yeah with Navarro I guess I was specially thinking of the deal with Sharp Azteca that was at Belmont, I think?

In my early days of wagering in the 1980s, I remember Oscar Barrera "working his magic" with numerous claims and dominating on the NYRA circuit for a few years, most notably with Shifty Sheik, who ran multiple Eclipse winner Slew o' Gold to a head in the 1984 Woodward. After the authorities caught up to him and slapped him with a lengthy suspension, he was never the same and reverted to the low percentage trainer he had been before finding the juice.

In my early days of wagering in the 1980s, I remember Oscar Barrera "working his magic" with numerous claims and dominating on the NYRA circuit for a few years, most notably with Shifty Sheik, who ran multiple Eclipse winner Slew o' Gold to a head in the 1984 Woodward. After the authorities caught up to him and slapped him with a lengthy suspension, he was never the same and reverted to the low percentage trainer he had been before finding the juice.

Yeah and there is still 4-5 guys out there right now whose lofty win % makes them extremely easy targets. 3-4 at Gulfstream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom