Horse Racing | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

Yeah and there is still 4-5 guys out there right now whose lofty win % makes them extremely easy targets. 3-4 at Gulfstream
No doubt. My point was just that these kind of guys have been out there for awhile, with some better than others at staying one step ahead of the law. I'd love to see a cleaner sport, but I'll keep playing and make my betting decisions accordingly when the suspicious characters have horses in, just as I always have.

No doubt. My point was just that these kind of guys have been out there for awhile, with some better than others at staying one step ahead of the law. I'd love to see a cleaner sport, but I'll keep playing and make my betting decisions accordingly when the suspicious characters have horses in, just as I always have.

Yeah the issue is the testing needs to be much much better, one step ahead and it needs to be random. Issue is 3/4 of this stuff never shows up in a test. Same scenario as Track and field, cycling

Who do you feel are the top trainers to avoid in a race and in what scenarios?

The only main one I actively have avoided is when Baffert has two horses in a race. Been burned by the favorite too many times.

Who do you feel are the top trainers to avoid in a race and in what scenarios?

The only main one I actively have avoided is when Baffert has two horses in a race. Been burned by the favorite too many times.
I don't always try to avoid the "super trainers," as I play a lot of pick 4s and pick 5s (mostly on the NYRA circuit), and they are invariably involved in the sequences. Looking back, I've actually cashed on a lot of Jason Servis horses at decent odds in recent years. Navarro's magic generally didn't translate well in NY, so he was usually a "bet against" for me unless I was playing outside of NYRA.

I suspect guys like Pletcher, Baffert and Chad Brown really push the envelope but are adept at not crossing the line and getting caught. I often find myself trying to beat their short-priced horses, but often have to include them in the horizontals. When they have more than one entered in a race, I've had some success using the longer price.

will this be in a better state when the SPA opens is the big deal.

the hope is that some things are near normal by august but how near.. the Derby moved for money in hopes of crowds cause otherwise horses are still running. the travers might become a key prep race now.

the hope is that some things are near normal by august but how near.. the Derby moved for money in hopes of crowds cause otherwise horses are still running. the travers might become a key prep race now.

Yeah I don't think anybody really knows at this point. Could they run the Travers in last week in July? sure they could, just don't know but with each track and state operating independently they really can do whatever they want. Most people who go to the Travers and Derby won't really care

I was hopeful (probably highly naive) that they could somehow keep horse racing going through this just with no fans- that they could figure out a way to get people watching TVG and stuff...would be the only game in town

The Peter Pan just became a huge prep for the Belmont, just have to roll with it at this point
NYRA is going to have to get creative.

The Travers has to bumped up to early August at the latest, the Jim Dandy and Whitney can moved around if need be too.

Got to figure we are losing the Preakness as well.

id be pushing hard for the 'Triple Crown' to be a 'Grand Slam' and find a way to get the Travers in there.

a calandar that looks like this would work..

6/6 Belmont 1 1/2
7/11 Preakness 1 1/16
8/8 Travers 1 1/4
9/5 Derby 1 1/4

Train them long 1st, got a month to go short, another month to go back to the Derby length in a prep or skip for another month till the Derby.

wow. i guess some states are really figuring out a way to stay live. this has tjhe weird potential to be a book for an otherwise almost dead industry

horses are keeping me sane.. only so much work i can do from home..

NYRA is going to have to get creative.

The Travers has to bumped up to early August at the latest, the Jim Dandy and Whitney can moved around if need be too.

Got to figure we are losing the Preakness as well.

id be pushing hard for the 'Triple Crown' to be a 'Grand Slam' and find a way to get the Travers in there.

a calandar that looks like this would work..

6/6 Belmont 1 1/2
7/11 Preakness 1 1/16
8/8 Travers 1 1/4
9/5 Derby 1 1/4

Train them long 1st, got a month to go short, another month to go back to the Derby length in a prep or skip for another month till the Derby.

Can't forget the Haskell over at Monmouth either. Tough spot.

i didnt forget it...i was purposely ignoring it.

still pissed theyre trying to take some thunder from the Travers!!
Exactly. I've already bought my tables for the Travers and the Whitney. Curious how they are going to work it if they switch the dates since they are different prices for the different dates.

Exactly. I've already bought my tables for the Travers and the Whitney. Curious how they are going to work it if they switch the dates since they are different prices for the different dates.
the fine print??

do you mean paddock tables now have to be purchased and reserved...or do you mean the clubhouse ones??

i didnt forget it...i was purposely ignoring it.

still pissed theyre trying to take some thunder from the Travers!!

Completely agree. They may just leave the two ( Travers/ Haskell) as is and just run on top of one another or leave the Travers. Baffert will have a field day as he has 3 of the 4 best horses out there right now but who knows?

Be so weird if you are at Saratoga the day they run the KY Derby but actually kind of cool as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom