Horse Racing | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

So what impact would this have on bets that were impacted by this?

Too far gone?

So what impact would this have on bets that were impacted by this?

Too far gone?
None. The most that could happen after this is adjudicated is that the purse money would be redistributed.

None. The most that could happen after this is adjudicated is that the purse money would be redistributed.

saw an article that said some bettors are already planning to file lawsuits

Good luck with that.

if I had hit the exacta, trifecta, superfecta, etc or the oaks/derby by taking out Medina spirit I know I’d be pissed.

well what can you really do.. its over a week later.. its not like the bettors wanted to wait for test results to get their winnings either.. no different than any other sport that has this type of wagering. how long do people think the results should be held up.. this could be a test from a month later and still ne an issue

if I had hit the exacta, trifecta, superfecta, etc or the oaks/derby by taking out Medina spirit I know I’d be pissed.
Why?

everyone in this thread before the race KNEW Baffert cheats. It was discussed at length. As long as his horses are in the race and until he‘s suspended a long time...Its your own fault if you didn’t include him

i guess the question is why are the blood tests not done early enough to detect most of this before the race happens. its only 20 horses in a multi million dollar race. cost cant be the issue.. do a blood test the day before unless thats gonna cause some major issue with the horse.. that would eliminate most of the cheating... then you still have the test post race as well.. and why does it take a week to figure this out?

Why?

everyone in this thread before the race KNEW Baffert cheats. It was discussed at length. As long as his horses are in the race and until he‘s suspended a long time...Its your own fault if you didn’t include him

huh? He wasn’t a favorite so that means a lot of people didn’t bet with him. And if everyone knows he cheats why was he in the race and why does he have to give winnings back?

huh? He wasn’t a favorite so that means a lot of people didn’t bet with him. And if everyone knows he cheats why was he in the race and why does he have to give winnings back?

A lot of people don’t pay attention to horse racing that bet the derby.

As to why was he in the race...Is this a serious question? Because his owners are generally foreign billionaires

Why did Gamine run earlier in the day when she’s been caught cheating twice I think

1620664318948.png

"Baffert also suggested on Monday that Medina Spirit may have tested positive after a groom took cough medicine and urinated on some hay, which the horse then ate." :p

"Baffert also suggested on Monday that Medina Spirit may have tested positive after a groom took cough medicine and urinated on some hay, which the horse then ate." :p

I wish this has been around 40 years ago so I could just scream cancel culture whenever my parents busted me doing something I shouldn't have been. Just pathetic. I don't even follow horse racing and I've heard enough from Bob the past 2 days to have a healthy dislike.

Confused. Did a stable guy do drugs and piss in the hay, or is it cancel culture? Were those also the reasons for the prior times he got caught?

I am NOT defending him...he’s a def cheater.

but...I think people are misinterpreting the cancel culture comment. He was referring to the statement where Churchill Downs is suspending all his horses immediately from running there

Is Baffert basically following the same career trajectory as Lance Armstrong?

Is Baffert basically following the same career trajectory as Lance Armstrong?
Very interesting point, although it seems if someone on his team did the dirty work, and he’s not on tape or video telling them to do it, he may always maintain some plausible deniability. Maybe they get him on a loss of institutional control beef.

Betamethasone is a steroid that's NEVER found in cough syrup.

Baffert is full of horse piss.

Peeing Tiere Bis Unters Dach GIF by SWR Kindernetz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom