Horse Racing | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

UpstateSM

LeQuint Allen/Justin Taylor Flag-Planter
Is anyone here into it? I’d like to dip my feet into it a bit more so I have something to gamble on once hoops season is over. Not a big baseball bettor as of right now.

Is anyone here into it? I’d like to dip my feet into it a bit more so I have something to gamble on once hoops season is over. Not a big baseball bettor as of right now.
Get some books on the subject, watch TVG, learn everything you can. I love the sport mainly because of the infinite handicapping possibilities. I guess it's too early to ask who you like in the Withers?

It's definitely a very cool sport to watch, but there's a lot about it that makes me uncomfortable.

These are highly intelligent animals and dozens of horses are dying regularly at that Santa Anita track in California.

let me know what you want to understand.. I am in it every day..

best thing is its all yr around and a bunch or tracks everyday.. using TVG or the like you can be betting at 2-3am
which is fun if you are up and bored..

several big races today to start setting up for the Derby..

let me know what you want to understand.. I am in it every day..

best thing is its all yr around and a bunch or tracks everyday.. using TVG or the like you can be betting at 2-3am
which is fun if you are up and bored..

several big races today to start setting up for the Derby..
Would love to see Tiz the Law make a nice TC run for the Sackatoga crew.

saw that Nyra did not renew Collmus contract.. interesting.

saw that Nyra did not renew Collmus contract.. interesting.

I Like Johnny I as a race caller. I like Larry too but I think with him calling all the big races on NBC that he may have wanted too much money and NYRA just said we aren't paying that. Larry lives right by Monmouth in NJ, I would imagine the commute into Belmont can get a bit old as well. I would bet Larry picks up the Monmouth calls when Frank is still out at Santa Anita. It's all personal preference but Frank is my favorite out there right now.

Over 100 Beyer. Will be interesting to see how he does in his next race.

Saying he will go to Florida or LA derby next. Why go anywhere but Gulfstream considering how he ran this past weekend

Barrel.. I posted something awhile back about the TVg contests but never caught up with you.. you ever do any of those?

Barrel.. I posted something awhile back about the TVg contests but never caught up with you.. you ever do any of those?

I don't play any of the TVG contests. I do play several on Horseplayers/ Horsetourney.com. I usually take a few shots a year to try and qualify for the NHC tournament in Las Vegas in February. ( next week actually) I played in the NHC in 2016 and 2017 but have whiffed the past 3 years trying to qualify. I was 3rd out of 85 a couple weeks ago in one and only the top 2 got NHC entries but it paid 3x the entry cost so I kept trying to qualify up until yesterday but had no success

I usually play in the Keeneland Grade 1 gamble every year in the Spring and then they have a two day tourney in Saratoga that is a ton of fun that I qualified for online 3 years in a row now as opposed to paying the entry. The BCBC tournament is great too, now that you can play online as well. Played that a few times. I also do a lot of head to head stuff on horseplayers.com which is a lot of fun. The issue I have with a lot of these live money contests is I am more a pick 3-5 type player and in these tournaments its Win, place show, exacta, Tris and doubles only. You have to play with big balls in the live tourneys if you want to be competitive. I have gone all in early and been broke after 2-3 races but if want to give yourself a shot and your opinions are right it can pay off. The NHC is mythical win/place which I don't mind as I usually take long shots and if you get lucky you can compete but unfortunately I haven't had any success the two years I was fortunate enough to play in Vegas. That is soo much fun though. Great time

I play the TVG cashkeeper and the pick 8 usually if i remember.

I hit the cashkeeper a couple weeks ago and I realized after i should have played out the winnings better to avoid taxes, but live and learn. they just started that back up last week.

the pick 8 You need 5 to win and i had 4 and lost 2 photos so that was almost a nice win..

I played the NHC a few times 2-3 yrs ago and the first time I saw it I picked but didnt actaully sign up and would have won that day and qualified for the next round so after that i came close a few times but just havent gotten around to it lately.

fball over frees up some time if i stop playing the hockey

I hit the cashkeeper a couple weeks ago and I realized after i should have played out the winnings better to avoid taxes, but live and learn. they just started that back up last week.

the pick 8 You need 5 to win and i had 4 and lost 2 photos so that was almost a nice win..

I played the NHC a few times 2-3 yrs ago and the first time I saw it I picked but didnt actaully sign up and would have won that day and qualified for the next round so after that i came close a few times but just havent gotten around to it lately.

For sure. I know horseracing has a bad rap right now but as far as value for betting there really is no comparison, I play some football but usually parlays trying to hit big. Gamblers don't know what they are missing but have to be able to live with some down periods. Some of the payouts on the big days for the pick 4/5's are crazy. I was live last weekend at Gulfstream in the late pick 5 into the Pegasus but didn't hit with the Baffert horse. Gulfstream pays on 4 of 5 in their pick 5's and 4 of 5 paid $2,900 on $1.

you dont see fball payouts close to what horses do and people still play fball.. i mean yea you can win a 10 team fball parlay but still you dont win 10-20K like you can in horse racing .

The other thing I will say is I struggle on what tracks to play in the winter time. I am diehard Belmont/ Saratoga. Spring/ Summer/ Fall. Keeneland meets are great too because of the money bet in. Hate the Big A once they come off the grass. I play gulf but it only gets tougher every year and Fairgrounds doesn't get a ton of handle. Santa Anita is a joke now as well. I do like the Stronach pick 5 on Fridays

i find playing other tracks like Sam houston better this time of yr.

I like Tampa better than gulf stream for horses running to form.

Storm the Court making his 2020 debut on Sunday. Should be interesting.

Assuming at Santa Anita. I know he won the breeders cup Juv but this will be a good test for the horse to see if he's legit. Not quite sold yet, think he got away with some pretty easy fractions in Breeder's. Like Peter Euton the trainer though and always like to see some different trainers in the Triple crown runs. ( As opposed the same old 4-5)

Assuming at Santa Anita. I know he won the breeders cup Juv but this will be a good test for the horse to see if he's legit. Not quite sold yet, think he got away with some pretty easy fractions in Breeder's. Like Peter Euton the trainer though and always like to see some different trainers in the Triple crown runs. ( As opposed the same old 4-5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom