How about classic SU games watching during | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

SU/Rutgers from 05 (great comeback game)
Wow I remember watching this game as a student. It was a big Monday game and the group I watched it with on campus.

The last second shot that RU/Douby took abd missed and Jimmy B’s face I remember like yesterday without watching.

I swear Quincy Douby was at Rutgers for what felt like 13 years.

Anyway I've erased most of 2005 from my memory because of Vermont. What a waste that season was.

There was a game for when I was really young. Like 5 or 6 it was Super Bowl Sunday.
The Broncos-Redskins Super Bowl I remember.

CBS had Celtics-76ers early then Michigan at Syracuse.
I think it was the year after the loss to Indiana.

It was an outstanding game. We beat Michigan at the Dome.
Can’t find it. I really think it was 76ers-Celtics, SU-Michigan and then the Super Bowl all on one day.

In 2002-2003 we played Georgia Tech, Missouri, and Michigan State home/home.

Wow. That was a 16 game conference schedule though.
Amazing though.

SU vs Manhattan 2003 first round:

Thank you for posting! Looking forward to watching.

I have one memory from this game. I was in high school at the time and while most of my teachers were good about letting us watch some of the games, the teacher that day wasn’t budging. So a buddy of mine in another class lied to me and said Manhattan pulled the upset. I was so pissed off until I learned the truth.

I’m watching a Big Monday game against Cincinnati from 2013 and for whatever reason Tirico did the game with Bills and Raft instead of Sean.

Also it would be nice to be in the top 10 again. The atmosphere at the dome watching this game is night and day to what it was this year.
That was MLK Day and ESPN doubled up on Big Monday.
3pm: SU/Cincy
5pm: B12 game (1)
7pm: Big East game (ND/Hoyas I think)
9pm: B12 game (2)

Interesting. In my head I thought that game was at 7. I remember watching from my apartment at Tipp Hill at the time on a very gloomy January day.

My memory doesn’t betray me. I knew it was early that day.
I missed the beginning of it but caught the comeback.

Another game I wish I could watch is when Kentucky came to the dome in 94. That and when Antonio McDyss and Bama came in 96 I believe.

McDyss got drafted into the NBA in ‘95 so he wasn’t there at that point

There was a game for when I was really young. Like 5 or 6 it was Super Bowl Sunday.

Can’t find it. I really think it was 76ers-Celtics, SU-Michigan and then the Super Bowl all on one day.

It was the ‘88 season. That one definitely used to be on YouTube, but I don’t see it anymore. Bummer.

I don't understand how just about every game from 2013 is on YouTube except our regional final win against Marquette.

I’d like to watch that game too. Even though it was an ugly game I’ll always re-watch a game that clinched a final four birth.

Is their first and second round wins on there against Montana and Cal? I looked for those recently and couldn’t find.

McDyss got drafted into the NBA in ‘95 so he wasn’t there at that point

So was he not on Alabama when we played them at the Dome or was it a different year? I could’ve sworn he played against us at the Dome and went head to head with Wallace.

So was he not on Alabama when we played them at the Dome or was it a different year? I could’ve sworn he played against us at the Dome and went head to head with Wallace.

We played them at the Dome in 96 in Wallace’s senior year but McDyess was gone. They had Roy Rogers inside who was a stud in his own right, maybe you’re thinking of him?

Jan 31, 1988. Syracuse was #17, Michigan #8. Syracuse won by 18.

We played them at the Dome in 96 in Wallace’s senior year but McDyess was gone. They had Roy Rogers inside who was a stud in his own right, maybe you’re thinking of him?

Yeah think you’re right. I remember beating them on the road the following year in 97 with Otis Hill having like 34 points.

Really thankful for this thread, easily one of the best Syracuse hoops compilation/resource spots in a while... especially in a sports starved world! I’m thinking about doing a 2003 tourney watch fest and watch all the Syracuse games in order. Thanks everyone who posted/shared!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom