How about classic SU games watching during | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

Wow incredible find. Mike Gorman (Celtics PbP guy) on the call. What an offensive performance.

Man I miss these games.

I just love everything about this, and not just because this is one of my three to five favorite regular season games ever.

TV broadcast where they cut away to Carl Eilenberg's full starting lineups. Good, clean basketball where the ball goes through the hoop a lot. Great plays on the court while the scrubs, when the camera catches them, are acting like happy teammates rather than Instagram influencers.

It's everything that college basketball is not anymore, and it's awesome.

2-15. He and MCW did their best to give that one away. MCW even sat about ten minutes the first half because Cooney was playing so well.

Yeah, Carter Williams was so bad down the stretch, he was the sole reason the game wound up in overtime. To someone's earlier question as to how that team lost 10 times: Michael Carter-Williams. So talented in some facets, but he was the quintessential freshman point guard (yeah, I know he was actually a sophomore). When he was good, the team was good.

Yep - hard pass.

I have never watched that game again.

When they had Smart's shot on the intro for CBS all those years, I turned my head every time. Then when we finally won in 2003, I forced myself to watch it once and then never again.

I just love everything about this, and not just because this is one of my three to five favorite regular season games ever.

TV broadcast where they cut away to Carl Eilenberg's full starting lineups. Good, clean basketball where the ball goes through the hoop a lot. Great plays on the court while the scrubs, when the camera catches them, are acting like happy teammates rather than Instagram influencers.

It's everything that college basketball is not anymore, and it's awesome.
There is soo much to unpack from this game.

Ray Allen and Donyell. Omg. Allen’s dunk in the 2nd half was a monster-true frosh.

Otis Hill on the wing of the zone!!

the crowd noise was incredible all game long.

and how the hell does TV Teddy look older in this game than he does now!

this game is 1000% awesome!

I’d like to see the 2003 regular season finale against Rutgers. A game I was at, and would like to see the TV broadcast.

I remember we came back by pressing in the second half.

At the time, it was the largest crowd we ever had and I believe it broke the record that had stood since 1991.

The “One more year” chants for Melo were deafening at the end.

The “hey! You suck!” chant was really starting to take off at that point, and a good one got going in that game. Always fun.

They retired Sherman Douglas’s jersey at halftime and he made a comment along the lines of how this current Syracuse team could win it all and the crowd went nuts.

Great comeback in this game. Also our first College Gameday I believe:

Nice! I was at that one: love seeing the tv broadcasts of big games I was at. Love hearing the “who’s he? So what?, etc” during starting lineups in the background while Vitale is talking at the beginning.

This was a record breaking crowd at the time and there was a great two page photo of it in the front of Sports Illustrated.

Last edited:
I am in the opening promo of this game:
Face painted. It’s the entire Boland 7 freshman class I came in with. Wow I never saw this.

Props to you waiting in line for those seats. I never had it in me and was fine with the last row in the first level. Student section has sadly gone downhill since we were in school.

Props to you waiting in line for those seats. I never had it in me and was fine with the last row in the first level. Student section has sadly gone downhill since we were in school.
I was part of the group of people who came up with the list.

We kept it at 6. So people couldn’t just dominate.
We got up there really early for every game. Then had a tent for the later games and seasons.
Just did school work while waiting and rotated who would spend the night.

I remember when we played TCU that year the Dome let us come in early than they wanted to let people in.
They put the USC-UCLA football game on the dome screens for us.

That gameday was a joke though.
They had us like 1000 feet away from the show.
Andy Katz was on floor with us.
While the set was in the corner above on the student section.

The following year when we had gameday for the Louisville game they fixed the problem and had a desk on the floor in front of students for the show.

Were you part of the group who do the final countdown routine?

For a second I got excited thinking it was the full game ha
Somebody has it and send it to me through some compressed website. I could go back to my instant message with him and recap and find it but somebody accidentally (from what I was told by one of the admin‘s ) wooed my account a year ago

I am in the opening promo of this game:
Face painted. It’s the entire Boland 7 freshman class I came in with. Wow I never saw this.

Dude...what year were you? In 03 I was part of the Brew 3 crew who painted up for a bunch of games. We sort of cut a deal for a few games to get up front. Got on a ton of face time for Pitt, Gtown and several other games. Getting to do a drunken lap with the flags during Pitt game was a definite all time memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom