How about classic SU games watching during | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

One of my favorite road trip games. Funny side note: the next day my buddies and I drove from DC down to North Carolina and randomly attended the Washington/NC State game. Before the game, I’m decked out in my orange gear and am holding a big orange sign directed at our friend Julius Hodge that read: “Hey Julius, thanks for Hakim”. I’ll never forget his reaction and expression (not to mention the threats I was getting from NC State students). But I digress, here’s the video haha:

Dude...what year were you? In 03 I was part of the Brew 3 crew who painted up for a bunch of games. We sort of cut a deal for a few games to get up front. Got on a ton of face time for Pitt, Gtown and several other games. Getting to do a drunken lap with the flags during Pitt game was a definite all time memory.
Class of 06.
My floor helped start the list after the 2003-2004 season.
Starting in 2004-2005 the list allows you have 6 people in your group. To get the first row and so on you had to have someone in Gate E at all times. So it wasn’t a mad sprint.
It made things more civilized.
Chris, Frank, Dennis,Harry, myself wanted things to be less insane.
We almost got arrested at Villanova in 2006 where we got our a$$ kicked in the game but really got under the skin of the wachova Center security supporting SU.

That led to Otto’s army in 2006.

Great comeback in this game. Also our first College Gameday I believe:

The 1:12:30 mark - Warrick dunk off a steal, followed the next possesion by a GMac pullup 3. Pure bedlam. Awesome.

Warrick was throwing down all kinds of brutal dunks in the second half - it was the only way we scored for awhile. GMac iced it by making every single free throw.

Class of 06.
My floor helped start the list after the 2003-2004 season.
Starting in 2004-2005 the list allows you have 6 people in your group. To get the first row and so on you had to have someone in Gate E at all times. So it wasn’t a mad sprint.
It made things more civilized.
Chris, Frank, Dennis,Harry, myself wanted things to be less insane.

That led to Otto’s army in 2006.

Awesome. Yeah I was class of 06 as well. I remember sitting in 10 degrees with paint and shorts for hours at the gate. Then we cut a deal but it wasn't anything special. Unfortunately all of us were in different dorms or off campus housing after the 02-03 year and couldn't get re organized again. I knew it would get picked up. Glad it got structured.

If you are class of 06 like me then there are some good stories to share from freshman year B/B... Especially the fire alarms and sprinklers going off middle of the night a few times...

Hah. No. But they were near us. I was always near aisle 103 in the last row. Funny thing is I found those guys on YouTube...

OMG this exists????????
I am totally sending that to Harry.

LOL this literally made my night those guys actually uploaded that to YouTube.

Awesome. Yeah I was class of 06 as well. I remember sitting in 10 degrees with paint and shorts for hours at the gate. Then we cut a deal but it wasn't anything special. Unfortunately all of us were in different dorms or off campus housing after the 02-03 year and couldn't get re organized again. I knew it would get picked up. Glad it got structured.

If you are class of 06 like me then there are some good stories to share from freshman year B/B... Especially the fire alarms and sprinklers going off middle of the night a few times...
OMG yes.

That MFer kept pulling the alarm in Brockway at 2AM for like a week in February.
God that was a joke.

Our class saw it all.
NC
2 BETs
JB won 700 at Hak/Pace/Forth’s senior year.

I am in the opening promo of this game:
Face painted. It’s the entire Boland 7 freshman class I came in with. Wow I never saw this.
Dude...what year were you? In 03 I was part of the Brew 3 crew who painted up for a bunch of games. We sort of cut a deal for a few games to get up front. Got on a ton of face time for Pitt, Gtown and several other games. Getting to do a drunken lap with the flags during Pitt game was a definite all time memory.
A little before you guys, but Brewster 12 - Penthouse, baby!

This was back when Brewster was all male and Boland was all female. My future wife was Boland 3. My time there spanned Manley into the first years of the Dome. Good times.

Great comeback in this game. Also our first College Gameday I believe:

I jammed my knuckles on a hotel room ceiling in Bethlehem Pennsylvania while celebrating that comeback by myself. Kind of a crappy game, IIRC, but a great comeback.

That MFer kept pulling the alarm in Brockway at 2AM for like a week in February.
God that was a joke.

Our class saw it all.
NC
2 BETs
JB won 700 at Hak/Pace/Forth’s senior year.

Lol well it was three ppl in total. Be glad you weren't there for the flood... Sprinklers set off and the stairway on the study carrel side was a river.

We had a unique floor for sure. Two former members who are major media personalities ( one ESPN one radio), basically prank wars with every other floor and within, one poor RA who was pre med and then way before the hangover we had an original "tape" that caught a whole bunch of the shenanigans that year and took a copy home.

Pair that with everything you mentioned, one of the snowiest winters on record ( saying something for SU) and man- what a first year let alone all the years after.

A little before you guys, but Brewster 12 - Penthouse, baby!

This was back when Brewster was all male and Boland was all female. My future wife was Boland 3. My time there spanned Manley into the first years of the Dome. Good times.

Sweet! I remember being told I didn't want BB before coming on campus. I can't imagine being anywhere else now.

I’d like to see the 2003 regular season finale against Rutgers. A game I was at, and would like to see the TV broadcast.

I remember we came back by pressing in the second half.

At the time, it was the largest crowd we ever had and I believe it broke the record that had stood since 1991.

The “One more year” chants for Melo were deafening at the end.

The “hey! You suck!” chant was really starting to take off at that point, and a good one got going in that game. Always fun.

They retired Sherman Douglas’s jersey at halftime and he made a comment along the lines of how this current Syracuse team could win it all and the crowd went nuts.

Would love for someone to post this game on this thread!
I remember being there and going for the dome sweep.
17-0 at the home and a great second half comeback for the win!

This YouTube account has a lot of Cuse classics.

Just watched the A&M B4A game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom