How do we feel about our Special Teams coach!? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How do we feel about our Special Teams coach!?

If our punter had taken a knee every time it would have been 100x better than what actually happened. Crazy stuff.
If he threw an interception 10 yards form the line of scrimmage it would've been even better than kneeling.

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Look it’s bad but, UNLV does have some of the best specials in the country. That’s real.

Doesn’t excuse the holy cross and GT games.

Before I bust on the ST coach...

ST has always been a pathway for 2s and 3s for playing time. Massive dedication to STs. Massive.

I understand Fran wanting 1s to be more appealing in the draft, but I'm going to start here.

1s are dedicating 95% of their time to their position. I'm guessing a guy that's donating 90% of his time to specials might just be better at it.

They earned the right to wear that uniform for a reason, too. Let em specialize.

Before I bust on the ST coach...

ST has always been a pathway for 2s and 3s for playing time. Massive dedication to STs. Massive.

I understand Fran wanting 1s to be more appealing in the draft, but I'm going to start here.

1s are dedicating 95% of their time to their position. I'm guessing a guy that's donating 90% of his time to specials might just be better at it.

They earned the right to wear that uniform for a reason, too. Let em specialize.
Before you what

They have to change the coach.

They have to be sure our kicker can make FGs from 40 yards and in.

We have to be able to functionally punt and also kickoff without it going out of bounds.

We’re talking basic stuff and giving up points we can’t afford to lose.

It’s plainly unacceptable. The ST coach shouldn’t have a job tomorrow.

That was crazy, we let the kick drop over returners head ….live ball ! Should have been standing on the goal line and he was like on the 10 or 12

Fran put a fairly high quality staff in place in his first year. Looks like he took a flyer on the special teams coach and missed badly. He may have also missed on the offensive line coach, at least from a run game perspective.

I've probably hired 5-600 people in my life. There's a science but it isn't flawless. But you need to know when to cut dead weight, especially if you're giving them everything they need to have success.

The mistake is not firing him, not the initial hire.
This ^

I am sorry i have to say this as I feel u always give coaches time but our specials guy has to go. This should have been 2-3 touchdown win. Ok my reasoning is why line up in a 3-4 yd gap between blockers so they can run thru blocks and have 4 guys to block punts. I dont know this guy and i truly feel bad but its time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom