How do we feel about our Special Teams coach!? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How do we feel about our Special Teams coach!?

remind me to fire you GIF

They have to change the coach.

They have to be sure our kicker can make FGs from 40 yards and in.

We have to be able to functionally punt and also kickoff without it going out of bounds.

We’re talking basic stuff and giving up points we can’t afford to lose.

It’s plainly unacceptable. The ST coach shouldn’t have a job tomorrow.

The basic blocking on punts isn’t close. It’s literally high school level.

CLOSE the damn gaps like previous 50 years of specials and actually block someone for the love of God.

I’m just imagining how much better this 4-1 (5-0?) looks with a competent 3rd unit.
That's the tough part with a first year coach and turned over team. We need to hit a home run in the QB market next year or we better improve a lot everywhere else or it could be tough time.

We used to have the best kicker because of the dome. Now we probably have the worst kicker in P4.
We replaced our starter with a new kicker tonight and he was perfect. So what are you talking about?

On the block TD, you see the OL collapse in to block 3 with 5, allowing 2 to go untouched to the P. That’s not blown assignments or bad blocking, that’s awful coaching.

Got quite defensive about ST coach in the presser. Also going to call other coaches around the country he trusts to figure it out? Ok.

So here’s the thing, if what he’s done as a coach the first 5 games doesn’t get you fired, then what does? Set a standard and get rid of the guy. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life
Yeah, not only is it not getting better after being historically bad, having another punt blocked and one become a negative play turnover on downs is just absurd.

More than enough justification for an in season firing.

I wonder what the under/over for blocked punts by the Wolfies will be Saturday? 1.5?

Through 5 games we’ve had multiple missed field goals, blocked punts, kicks out of bounds, and an awful return game. Every aspect of special teams is a mess, and at some point we’re going to have to rely on special teams to do SOMETHING. Even something as basic as punt or take a chip shot field goal. He should have been driven out to the desert and left there after the game.

It’s not a good look when this program has had years where it hasn’t even had a ST coordinator and the unit was BETTER THAN THIS GARBAGE.

If one of HCFB's core values is truly accountability, I think he needs to lead by example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom