How do we match up against OSU? | Syracusefan.com

How do we match up against OSU?

Its not the 3s I worry about with them...its the offensive rebounds and put backs from their big guns down low. We need Kris and CJ and whoever is in the center spot to be nasty on the glass to win. They are going to crash the glass.

The are zoneable but Thomas will not be fun. My big concern is Scoop's pocket being picked by Kraft. Kid can play on-ball d. We take care of the ball: we'd have a great shot.

Just have to contain Sully. Better matchup over UC, IMO. They haven't seen us, have less 3 pt shooters, and will play man 2 man against us.

I was worried about UC zoning us again. We really struggled with it last time.

The are zoneable but Thomas will not be fun. My big concern is Scoop's pocket being picked by Kraft. Kid can play on-ball d. We take care of the ball: we'd have a great shot.
Kraft = overrated, IMO. He's good, no doubt, just not as good as he's made out to be.

You think Kraft is overrated as a defender??:confused:

Id rather play ohio st than cinci because cinci's more familiar with our zone and they know how to attack its weaknesses. Vs ohio st our bigs need to show up and rebound.

He's Carl Krauser. A lot of his "defense" is a reach in.

He's a kid I would like to see eat clean huge Fab RAKEITA screen.

He's a good defender, just gets too much publicity for it, IMO. It's become a talking point from analysts.

We can beat Ohio State. We need to take the ball to the Rack from minute one. I like our guards big time over these guys. Look for James S to have a big game. I also think that this is a game that Dion might just take over as im not sure they have anyone who can handle him. Look for Jim to pack the zone against these guys and force them to beat us with the 3. Should be a good game

I lost count of how many times Cinci got picked clean trying to go 1-on-1. We're not exactly known for great ball movement either.

We can run on these guys. I like our chances anyway, but if we can turn this into a track meet, we negate their size.

We'll be playing the best team we've faced all year - it will be the first time in the tournament we'll miss Fab as Ohio St.has guys who can really hurt us inside. How anyone would rather play them rather than Cincy is beyond me. Will be a hell of a game. Reminds me of the 1989 SU-Illinois game - 2 great teams slugging it out. Hope the outcome is better for us this time.

It would have been an interesting matchup with pre-suspension Fab.

They look pretty solid tonight, dismantling a Cincy team who was playing balls out for a stretch. Athletically, they appear to be our equals. CJ and Dion are they only "types" of players who match up with their intensity.

I personally think Cuse is too careless on O. People will say "only 4 turnovers". I'll counter that we only should have had 2. 4 were unforced IMO. I envision a tough team like OSU taking advantage of that carelessness.

Yet, it's easy to forget just how good our defense is. We seem to be able to push any team out of their gameplan. OSU though is the toughest team we will face this season, thus far. How we will respond is anybody's guess.

Dion is the best in the country at his position. Yet, Cincy's players will not be out-competed.

Rak and Keita will be dominated by Sullinger. Hopefully they can frustrate him with their length and quickness.

CJ matches up fairly well.

Scoop, we need the good one of ya.

I hope Triche brings his toughness

We'll need the do it all Dirty, as opposed to the do only 3s dirty.

The only thing that encourages me is that stretch where Cincy fought back. If they can do it, so can we. But, they were a lot more intense than I've seen us play.

Should be another heart attack.

I fear Sullinger will foul out Christmas and Keita and we'll wind up with Southerland trying to play him. They are one team that can match our depth and firepower.

Frankly, I'd rather play Kentucky than Ohio State. When Fab left the radar screen, they became the defacto 1 seed in our region and I think they are a very bad match-up for us.

That's one thing I'm not really concerned with. Scoop doesn't get enough credit for being a great ball-handler. Does a great job using his body to protect the ball.

I lost count of how many times Cinci got picked clean trying to go 1-on-1. We're not exactly known for great ball movement either.

Yeah, but even Cinci fans would admit they're team is awful at handling the ball. They don't really have a point guard.

We came out early in the second half tonight and shot two jump shots the reaction in the room was no more shooting take it inside.

On the contrary work it around and when you get a decent look take another stab. If you can get to the rim with a decent soft layup then I would take it 95% of most games. But we have to be able to get them rather then just throw it at the rim.

Craft will be tough for scoop hes small and fast someone like Edelin could cause some trouble. I actually Like brandon with speed momentum maybe around a screen against him. Or Dion if he can get a long two. I hope Scoop brings it and gets the best of him though. Brandon Reese and Craft are alot alike I imagine.

UCONN played us very tough in our games and if you replaced Drummond with Sullinger that is the kind of team i think OSU compares to (of a team we have played). We have the best player on the court in Waiters. They will try to beat us with their bigs Sully and Thomas and we will try to beat them with penetration from Dion/Scoop/KJo. They play into our style with the m2m. We just played 2 very good m2m teams and wrecked both of their defenses. Sully and Thomas will get theirs but if we can contain them, we win. Our defense may suffer a bit without Fab but its nice to see the offense back. Lets get on the glass and go to NOLA!!!!!

I remember how awesome both Oka and Texas looked before we played them to get to the FF. That's how OHS looked tonight .. pretty much on another level .. buts that why they play the game. This may be the toughest game we've played in several years .. I think our boys are ready.

I remember how awesome both Oka and Texas looked before we played them to get to the FF. That's how OHS looked tonight .. pretty much on another level .. buts that why they play the game. This may be the toughest game we've played in several years .. I think our boys are ready.

Here's hoping that comparison is right on the money!

We're going to miss Fab. Maybe we can get them in foul trouble.

How does anyone know this will be the toughest team we face all season? Yes, they are obviously good, but to automatically make them the best team we have played is an assumption.

Their inside size will give us problems on rebounds, but if we shoot a good percentage, we'll be fine. They might be heavier, but we are faster & taller than them, & our slashing to the basket cannot be stopped.

The guy that concerns me is Bill Brasky... LOL, Nah.. He's suspended for this game...

No, it's SMITH who concerns me. he reminds me of a mix between Dion & Scoop. He has a great ability to drive the lane & score at will, so we will need to cut him off from that whenever possible.

I think both teams have advantages but give SU the slight edge of having more players that can make a play. I'm concerned with Craft's defense against Scoop and Triche. Sullinger's great around the rim but he does not play above the rim. Shooting wise SU is a little better 3 pt shooting team and I'm not real impressed by OSU's depth. I think Kris and CJ are going to be the keys. They need to play well.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom