how does a redhot 6' player... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

how does a redhot 6' player...

They lost their best defender. All stats from that game have a huge asterisk. Until we do it again, with Jones on the floor.

Yeah I’m not agreeing with this, but fine.

"Real competition". Not cupcakes bud. Apply that and the math will add up for ya. With cupcakes we're 61-48.

Speaking of cupcakes...I highly recommend the cupcakes in a jar. Many flavors to choose from too.

9B189F4E-E6F3-4948-8F1B-7CF5AB83F026.jpeg

Lol. Yea brilliant that we're 40-48 against real competition from 2013-2018.

We won 30 games in 2013 and 28 in 2014. Either you struggle with math or youre manipulating your sample to make your argument.

Have we struggled in the regular season since 2014-15? Yes. But we are also still 5-2 in ACC play and you’re including your angst from the past to complain about this year.

Why include seasons when we were successful?

We won 30 games in 2013 and 28 in 2014. Either you struggle with math or youre manipulating your sample to make your argument.

Have we struggled in the regular season since 2014-15? Yes. But we are also still 5-2 in ACC play and you’re including your angst from the past to complain about this year.

Why include seasons when we were successful?
Are you really this reading-comprehension-deficient?

No free advertising for our wives/girlfriends on this board! Those look good! :)

Sorry. These guys, no relation, were on shark tank. I’ve gotten them a few times and they are really good.

Are you really this reading-comprehension-deficient?

I don’t need to read if I know math. You’re including seasons we won a total of 58 games. Make an argument.

I know for a fact you’re not counting tournament games so i guess those are cupcakes.

what degree of hubris does it require to think that you devised the 1 defense that stops all offenses ?
i mean obviously different teams , personnel and attacks require different strategies. a degree of flexibility.

And yet so many coaches play man exclusively. Oy the hubris!

My buddy, who is a die hard fan gave me the 40-48 # and stats. I'm not going to rely on that. That being said, I just did the math myself. I started w the 2014-15 season.

2014-15
Cream puff = 9-0
Real competition = 9-13

2015-16
Cream puff = 7-0
Real competition = 16-14

2016-17
Cream puff = 8-0
Real competition = 11-15

2017-18
Cream puff = 7-0
Real competition = 16-14

2018-19
Cream puff = 6-1
Real competition = 8-5

Overall, cream puff record = 37-1
Real game record: 60-61

Is that acceptable? Is 60-61 acceptable?

Maybe I was seeing things but I saw him hit a lot of 3’s with a hand in his face.
You’re right even though the player himself said he couldn’t believe how wide open we kept leaving him in his own post game comments

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn’t this an indictment and defense of the decision to play zone defense?

What does the offense have to do with it?

Normally that statement would be easy to agree with, except I believe in the presser JB said the offense was so bad that it hurt our D. I'm not sure what to make of that, but I can see the other way where all their made shots prevented run outs on our part

Ok no. We're 27th in 3-pt fg defense at 29.9%. Virginia is #1 at 24.6% and guess what, they play man to man defense! So weird that another type of defense can actually work at stopping 3-pt shooting. What's even funnier, Duke is ahead of us at 16 and Pitt us 14th. Coach K recognizes the importance of having more tools than one in a defensive arsenal. We've lost more non-cream puff games than we've won over the last 5 years using just this one defense, but you keep throwing these stats around if it makes you feel better.

So it’s changed. 20th or 27th it’s still very very good considering there are 300+teams. And you keep complaining about the zone which isnt going to change if it makes you feel better.

Let's just play zone for eternity then. We're 40-48 against real competition in the 5 years prior to 18-19. Looks like it's working. Oh wait we went to the final four twice. Lightning in a bottle erases all logic.
You didn't respond to my comment.

And lightning doesn't strike twice.

g.
Not usually, but it can...some people have been hit by it more than once. It's almost like the universe was Boeheiming them for some reason.
I bet those people were not standing in the same spot for both hits.

And yes, it does strike the same spot more than once--if you are asking for it, like the lightning rod atop the Empire State Bldg.

And, on the rare occasion, it can hit a flat area more than once. But the odds against that are 10 to the nth power, not twice in 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom