How does Syracuse rebuild its men’s lacrosse program after historically bad year? | Syracusefan.com

How does Syracuse rebuild its men’s lacrosse program after historically bad year?

A good start would be by keeping their best player that has one year of eligibility left.

Having Donna and Nate follow and report on the program provides a level of journalism that no other program has at this time... I recall Dino saying on a podcast that Raleigh paper essentially does not cover lax despite having 10+ years of success. That blew my mind. IMO thos sport just means more to this fanbase.

Certainly an interesting question. It seems that, in spite of this season's record, the overall game stats (excluding final scores of course) would suggest that the current regime has already made some progress. All the pieces haven't fallen into place yet. We have world class coaches and recruiters with an all new system, so I suspect the last piece probably includes getting the right players that can execute within that system.

Unlike other members, I haven't been discouraged with this team's performance or Gait's game-time coaching. A good coach doesn't need to scream like a lunatic from the sidelines. To me the head coach is the strategist and fund raiser. His assistant coaches are the tacticians working with the players on the sidelines. So I'm all good with the game time coaching. Lastly, with any new system, some players don't fit (either can't or won't) so there is going to be some natural turnover. This is to be expected and even if as fans we are unnerved by it, it is a good thing that bodes well for the future.

So, will Syracuse return to the glory we fans have become accustomed? I hope so, since we have the best lacrosse minds to ever coach and recruit. We will know more in 2 years.

Having Donna and Nate follow and report on the program provides a level of journalism that no other program has at this time... I recall Dino saying on a podcast that Raleigh paper essentially does not cover lax despite having 10+ years of success. That blew my mind. IMO thos sport just means more to this fanbase.
LOL or there are more lacrosse fans in the Syracuse metro than the Raleigh metro... hence the extra coverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom