How long until someone complains | Syracusefan.com

How long until someone complains

Ill be the first, Coleman should play some. He has had some solid minutes on both ends in the past and this year. Other than that, great to get a win. Thompson should not play.

Live or die by the 6 who played today. It's literally our only chance to get a W and I think JB sees that.
It was really 5 tonight. The other three will be needed and will contribute down the road.

Not going to lie, I am very disappointed in Howard. I loved his game last year, and thought he was ready to break out. Then the season started and he was drilling threes and we were blowing out our early schedule. We all know what happened next. The most disappointing thing is his attitude, I can deal with poor play but I can't deal with making himself the focal point of the team. It was obvious things were off with our team, we have too much talent to have the 6 losses we have, especially in the fashion that we got them.

It was really 5 tonight. The other three will be needed and will contribute down the road.

Well if we have to rely on Howard or DC then we're in trouble.

I know playing 5 or 6 isn't sustainable but I'd rather win a few games here and there than get blown out by junk teams playing guys who shouldn't be or don't care to be out there.

images.jpg

I know playing 5 or 6 isn't sustainable but I'd rather win a few games here and there than get blown out by junk teams playing guys who shouldn't be or don't care to be out there.
DC gave some good minutes on last years team... Idk and dont understand what DC did to not play AT ALL. Rather see him play than TT

DC gave some good minutes on last years team... Idk and dont understand what DC did to not play AT ALL. Rather see him play than TT

I think he's battling some knee pain, which doesn't help.

At this point he needs to give he main 5 the opportunity to gel. Work in the other 2 or 3 in the next few games.
He's been toying with the rotation all year. It's clear these are his 5 with TT sprinkled in as the token starter - maybe Frank gets a minute here and there, but that will be rare. This will be our guys going forward. I still think we still DC in a few games depening on the matchup - we can't have just Lydon and TT at the 5 against UNC's size, we will need DC for that one.

He's been toying with the rotation all year. It's clear these are his 5 with TT sprinkled in as the token starter - maybe Frank gets a minute here and there, but that will be rare. This will be our guys going forward. I still think we still DC in a few games depening on the matchup - we can't have just Lydon and TT at the 5 against UNC's size, we will need DC for that one.

He's kept guys out before and added them in, but agree that other than matchups and a spell here and there, this is the lineup. Though I think TT will earn more minutes as we move into the middle of the ACC season.

JB coaches at his best with a six man rotation. We all know that.

JB coaches at his best with a six man rotation. We all know that.
Yep. I get the worry about next year - but JB only needs 6/7 guys who are solid. We already have TT, Battle, Brissett, Sidbie, PC, Moyer, Howard (maybe) and (hopefully) Lydon. Pick up a Guard, Lydon stays, 1 of Brissett/Sidibe prove to be a contributor, and we'll be fine.

Something is off with Coleman physically right now. When he's right, he can contribute. He had some nice games earlier, including in some of the losses when he was one of the few guys to show up.

I'm not writing Howard off either, as he'll be needed when Gillon is off. Not sure it's reasonable to expect Battle can go 40 minutes a night on that foot, either. And we all know an engaged Roberson won't show up every game and that Thompson is still figuring out how to play defense and stay on the court.

IMO, this still has to be an eight man team if it's to accomplish anything close to what most of us were expecting, even if only six or seven of those guys play much on a given night. Tonight all five of those who played significant minutes played well on both ends of the court, but that won't happen very often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom