How much does Syracuse spend on each sport? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How much does Syracuse spend on each sport?

So the SU AD took in 93 million in revenue, which is 13 million more than UCONN, but spent only 77 million dollars, which is actually LESS than UCONN. Interesting.

Remove scholarship costs, and I bet the numbers flip.

Also, UConn’s AD is fabulously overbloated.

For most schools, rowing is "football for females". It has a large roster and the highest scholarship allowance for women's sports (as was previously cited, 20.0). At UVa, the total rowing roster is 54, the WLax roster is 33, Field Hockey 22, and WSoccer 26.

For most schools, rowing is "football for females". It has a large roster and the highest scholarship allowance for women's sports (as was previously cited, 20.0). At UVa, the total rowing roster is 54, the WLax roster is 33, Field Hockey 22, and WSoccer 26.

Unlike football, there is no money to be made. They're leeches.

That explains why UVA wins all the ACC rowing titles. You've got female football players in the boats.

Terrbile take. Need a DISLIKE button.

So, for-profit sports are the only ones worth supporting? :rolleyes:

Yes. Non revenue sports are welfare sports of which the well off are participants of. They get subsidized off of the hard work of a majority Black base.

Yes. Non revenue sports are welfare sports of which the well off are participants of. They get subsidized off of the hard work of a majority Black base.

Awesome - pivoting from misogyny to racism.

Great work.
You're everything that makes the interwebs what they are today.

Welcome to my Ignore list. Thanks for your contributions.

Not exactly accurate. The non-Revenue sports aren't really on welfare. They do pay for themselves by attracting many full pay students who might not attend SU if they were unable to participate in their favorite sport.

Awesome - pivoting from misogyny to racism.

Great work.
You're everything that makes the interwebs what they are today.

Welcome to my Ignore list. Thanks for your contributions.

I'm glad I was invited. I, a Black man, am allowed to feel this way.

I'll mark you down as one of those vehemently opposed to Title IX.

How much do you know about Title IX and the three ways schools can be in compliance?

I'm guessing, not much.

Also, 54 women on the UVA rowing team is an absurdity.

I'm glad I was invited. I, a Black man, am allowed to feel this way.

You can feel anyway you want.

But no one is required to think your point of view is valid.

You can feel anyway you want.

But no one is required to think your point of view is valid.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm on my lunch break right now and got a user triggered with his claim of reverse racism.

How much do you know about Title IX and the three ways schools can be in compliance?

I'm guessing, not much.

Also, 54 women on the UVA rowing team is an absurdity.
Not to hijack the thread;)

I'm of the opinion that Title IX has been a very positive force. I think that college athletics administrators have, often disingenuously, used it as an excuse for their inability to sustain competitive men's programs.

It has allowed girls and women to display athletic prowess (the USWNT being the most obvious example) to the benefit of us all.

I'm of the opinion that Title IX has been a very positive force. I think that college athletics administrators have, often disingenuously, used it as an excuse for their inability to sustain competitive men's programs.

It has allowed girls and women to display athletic prowess (the USWNT being the most obvious example) to the benefit of us all.

The only part of your post I agree with is the part about allowing women displaying their athletic prowess.

So our opinion differs. I'll stick with a 54 person UVA woman's crew team being an absurdity.

What athletic prowess? If the rest of the world didn't field Uber drivers to play on their teams, the USWNT would be in the same boat as the men. It's easy to dominate in the kiddie pool. When you have to swim on the deep end, you see what you're made of.

What athletic prowess? If the rest of the world didn't field Uber drivers to play on their teams, the USWNT would be in the same boat as the men. It's easy to dominate in the kiddie pool. When you have to swim on the deep end, you see what you're made of.

Exactly correct, Cuse10.

As you point out, what no one seems to mention is that the rest of the world doesn't give a hoot about Woman's soccer. If they did, the US Woman's team wouldn't have any more success than the US Men's team which didn't even qualify last year after losing to Trinidad and Tobago.

If you put a USA shirt on one of those greyhounds at a Florida dog track, a percentage of the American population would start hollering "USA, USA. USA" .

The Women’s national team probably has the best athletes and the best facilities. Even if other teams spent more the women would still be a top team in it. Anyways I’m of the opinion that the excess money, after going to football upgrades and spending, should go to increased funding for women’s sports and coaches. I also want a hockey and baseball team as well.:)

The Women’s national team probably has the best athletes and the best facilities. Even if other teams spent more the women would still be a top team in it. Anyways I’m of the opinion that the excess money, after going to football upgrades and spending, should go to increased funding for women’s sports and coaches. I also want a hockey and baseball team as well.:)

Were you embarrassed by their antics in the 13-0 win over Thailand?

You might want to read what the British and Canadians said about their behavior if you are not.

Also, SU can't add a hockey and a baseball team unless they make up some women's sports that will add the same number of athletes. How about a 150 member crew team. Onandaga Lake will have so many boats on it it will look like Hong Kong harbor.

You might want to read what the British and Canadians said about their behavior if you are not.

Also, SU can't add a hockey and a baseball team unless they make up some women's sports that will add the same number of athletes. How about a 150 member crew team. Onandaga Lake will have so many boats on it it will look like Hong Kong harbor.
No I wasn’t embarrassed. They shouldn’t be either. And I wouldn’t mind more women’s sports if it gave more sports in total. Football will continue to generate more money as they continue to flourish in the ACC.

Who cares about British and Canadian H0T Takes?

Brits speaking of the arrogance of others. Classic.

I could see people having an issue if money is flowing to non-revenue sports at the expense of revenue sports.

As long as that’s not the case, nobody should be worried about this.