How optimistic/pessimistic is everyone this? | Syracusefan.com

How optimistic/pessimistic is everyone this?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Two huge games at home. Do we go 0-2? 1-1? Or 2-0?. Does the outcome of Louisville impact the Duke game? Does the outcome of the UNC game affect how Duke plays Saturday?

I will say 1-1 this week but if we beat Louisville I think we play great on Saturday. Duke will be out for revenge especially if they lose on Wednesday. Can't wait.

I think that of the teams we have left at home, Louisville is our best shot -- AND an opportunity to score a resume enhancing win to solidify our postseason profile.

Given how we've played, however, I'm tremendously concerned we go 0-2.

I think that of the teams we have left at home, Louisville is our best shot -- AND an opportunity to score a resume enhancing win to solidify our postseason profile.

Given how we've played, however, I'm tremendously concerned we go 0-2.
Wednesday is a very important game. Especially if we couple that with wins vs Clemson and Wake. The big three will be very tough. We would need a lot to happen to upset any of those including great games by Tyus, Frank, Eli, Oshae and Buddy.

1-1 with a win vs Lville. Hopefully Duke has a lil hangover after UNC but how is that possible when its a gameday game with 35k against a team who beat u at home. Just think they will be out for blood

0-2. I think we get blown out twice. I'm a rather cynical sports fan. Also, I'm also at predictions so this may bode well for us. Unless I've taken that into account when making my picks which would not bode well for us. Now I know how Wallace Shawn's character felt.

I think we lose close Wednesday and get run out the place on Saturday. I think we win at Wake and beat UVA to get to 10 wins.

0-2. I think we get blown out twice. I'm a rather cynical sports fan. Also, I'm also at predictions so this may bode well for us. Unless I've taken that into account when making my picks which would not bode well for us. Now I know how Wallace Shawn's character felt.

Just please don’t change your name back to RandygoDuke after this weekend.

I’m an optimistic hoops fan who has been beaten into pessimism by this many lopsided losses.

So my wallet would say we lose both. One of them badly.

Which means we’ll probably win both.

Can I let you know after Wednesday night?!

Seriously I have NO idea what to expect vs Louisville. They are nothing all that special and we NEED that game badly. Very nervous.

Can I let you know after Wednesday night?!

Seriously I have NO idea what to expect vs Louisville. They are nothing all that special and we NEED that game badly. Very nervous.
We need some kind of a sign from the big man upstairs that Wednesday will go well. Maybe a potato that looks like Otto. Something!!! Anything!!!

I sorta feel the same way, but that FSU game still sits in my memory. FSU is a solid team, but not someone that should have taken it to us like that in the Dome imho.

I think FSU is a lot more talented than Louisville and outside of the first 30 minutes of the Duke game Louisville hasn't played that well since mid January. They were lucky to beat Clemson Saturday. I'd be shocked if JB doesn't have us ready with a week off.

I think FSU is a lot more talented than Louisville and outside of the first 30 minutes of the Duke game Louisville hasn't played that well since mid January. They were lucky to beat Clemson Saturday. I'd be shocked if JB doesn't have us ready with a week off.

It would be great if we deliver a taste of what we saw against VT when they had THEIR week off to prepare for us after a bad loss.

Which means we'll be down 12-4 at the under 16 timeout

I think you're right and FSU has been on a winning streak but not exactly against a murderer's row.

There is a pattern over the past few years that just when we think we have hit rock bottom and we have no hope, the team wins a big game. It has happened repeatedly. I expect we will see it again (already saw it once with the Duke game this year). I don't know which games we will win, but I suspect we will win one of Duke, UNC, UVA even though that looks hopeless.

JB always seems to get his teams to play when things look bleak.

2-0!
The problem with this theory is if we beat Lville the situation is no longer bleak, SU would be a solid 8 seed. And you know what happens when things start to look rosy.

It would be great if we deliver a taste of what we saw against VT when they had THEIR week off to prepare for us after a bad loss.

If that includes hitting 47% of our treys, sign me up!

Pics or it didn't happen.
20190219_100200.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom