How to handle the Uber negative fan sitting next to you | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How to handle the Uber negative fan sitting next to you

That is great news. It looks like both him and Chukwu are coming around. I wish I could have seen it. I missed the game. Unfortunately, I didn't get any sleep the night prior. My father passed away Friday night and I was up at the Commons in Auburn saying good bye to him. I will miss Thursday's game as well as that will be the day of his service. I am sad but nothing but great memories of him.
Sorry for your loss.

That is great news. It looks like both him and Chukwu are coming around. I wish I could have seen it. I missed the game. Unfortunately, I didn't get any sleep the night prior. My father passed away Friday night and I was up at the Commons in Auburn saying good bye to him. I will miss Thursday's game as well as that will be the day of his service. I am sad but nothing but great memories of him.
Oh Weedsport, I am so very sorry. Losing a parent is a trauma, but great memories can ease the pain. Such a hard thing, my friend! Take care.

My sympathy to you and your family.

I'm glad you have the memories of your dad. I know that has given me smiles in the years since his passing.

Weedsport, youve helped put things back in their proper context. I wish you the best.

As for the OP, I'd have a suggestion of sharing something with him that would undoubtedly work, but I wont come out and say it here.

Weedsport, youve helped put things back in their proper context. I wish you the best.

As for the OP, I'd have a suggestion of sharing something with him that would undoubtedly work, but I wont come out and say it here.
Don’t worry, Captain! The situation has changed. People wrote in a lot of good suggestions, especially under the “quippy retort” category, and I actually used some of them. Empathy and humor are usually my go to’s, and with this kid humor seemed to win out. (Although let’s face it, the biggest reason his attitude improved is that the team improved!)

The father and son have never bought season tickets before and the son is a senior and probably leaving the nest next fall. The father may not renew so this has been an interesting one year experience. Most of the people in Rows A & B have had their seats for years, decades. Maybe the mom and dad will renew. I liked her a lot the one time she came. It is very nice to sit in a section surrounded by dedicated Cuse fans who aren’t jerks. I can’t believe there are only 6 home games left!!

Deepest condolences. That sucks.

My father, who I am very close with, is the most die hard SU sports fan in the world. For me, my entire experience as an SU fan is inexorably tied to us experiencing it together -- I can't even imagine what it will be like when he's gone [which hopefully will not happen for a long time]. I empathize completely with what you are saying -- very sorry to hear about this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom