Howard returning from surgery | Syracusefan.com

Howard returning from surgery

Is it to repair his attitude which he hyperextended last year?

I'm kidding, I actually think Frank is going to make a huge leap this year.

Could be at least one tiny tiny part of his quick drop-off in play and minutes once conf. season started.

So what exactly was the injury. I'm no doctor but I don't think "core muscle" is a medical term as Frank suggests.

Maybe he got treated at St. God's.

idiocracy.jpg

This absolutely explains the drop off in performance beginning the conference schedule. Your core is your core everything revolves around. To be apprehensive to exert yourself or do certain things compromises you. I now believe Frank is going to have a much better year .
But it doesn't explain his poor play against the non-cupcake, non-conference teams...and UConn.

But it doesn't explain his poor play against the non-cupcake, non-conference teams...and UConn.

Right? He was terrible right from the beginning against Wisconsin, UConn, Georgetown, etc. We don't need to make excuses for him.

It's a new year though, hopefully he gets healthy and gets better and has a good year.

My goal is for upperclassman Frank to be upperclassman Z Sims.

An emotionally positive, team-first, game manager who distributes the ball well. Frank is not a good offensive player. He doesn't shoot or finish well around the rim. But that's OK, neither was Z. If he can average 7-8 ppg (no pathetic shooting percentages, give us 45% from the field or higher), 5-6 apg, low turnovers, and disrupt passing lanes on defense with his length, he can fully reestablish himself as a vital piece of this team. And most importantly, no moping under any circumstances. He should be standing up on the bench encouraging young guys and helping them. That's what a veteran point guard does.

If we could get some meaningful contributions from Frank it would really change a lot for us. It would be nice to have him split time with Thorpe and be able to have Battle leave the game for more than 5 seconds. I'm really hoping it works out. In the back of my mind I'm skeptical.

It would explain his poor play in January and beyond especially he wasn't getting any playing time. Don't know if JB hiding the fact he was playing with tears did him any favors with the unreasonable fanbase.

This absolutely explains the drop off in performance beginning the conference schedule. Your core is your core everything revolves around. To be apprehensive to exert yourself or do certain things compromises you. I now believe Frank is going to have a much better year .

We'll see. You're taking this as some profound recovery which maybe it is. Even if it was as bad as he or you suggest; there is still the between the ears part, the immaturity off the court, and big contribution to the unraveling of team chemistry. Hopefully it is a 180 degree change from him in all aspects of the game.

I'm glad they finally made this public. It was tough watching people who had no clue rip Frank all the time. He was in extreme pain for most of the year. He absolutely would have kept the starting job if he wasn't hurt. His sour attitude was more due to the injury than playing time. Jimmy B had to play him at times out of necessity but the staff would have rather shut him down.

As I have said many times.. Frank Howard is our starting PG this season. I know this angers some...
But it's happening

I guess not many of you guys have daughters (or sons) that dance. There is a huge emphasis in the dance world on the development of 'core muscles' (abdomen to groin region). These muscles impact your balance, side to side agility, ability to pivot, and jumping ability (although jumping is affected to a lesser extent than balance and lateral agility). This muscle grouping is also very important to basketball players.

Mason

I'm glad they finally made this public. It was tough watching people who had no clue rip Frank all the time. He was in extreme pain for most of the year. He absolutely would have kept the starting job if he wasn't hurt. His sour attitude was more due to the injury than playing time. Jimmy B had to play him at times out of necessity but the staff would have rather shut him down.

As I have said many times.. Frank Howard is our starting PG this season. I know this angers some...
But it's happening
We will see. frank isn't as good an outside shooter as Geno. He is no where near as good at the free throw line (think end of games). I doubt Geno came here to sit.

But it's happening

First paragraph: false, false, and false.

Second paragraph: maybe, but far from assured.

I guess not many of you guys have daughters (or sons) that dance. There is a huge emphasis in the dance world on the development of 'core muscles' (abdomen to groin region). These muscles impact your balance, side to side agility, ability to pivot, and jumping ability (although jumping is affected to a lesser extent than balance and lateral agility). This muscle grouping is also very important to basketball players.

Mason

I have a gymnist and they absolutely crush the core muscle training. Whenever she moves up a level the time of the sessions increases and it's mainly for more stretching and conditioning. They don't add much time to practicing each discipline. You aren't getting to far in gymnastics without being flexible and strong.

We'll see. You're taking this as some profound recovery which maybe it is. Even if it was as bad as he or you suggest; there is still the between the ears part, the immaturity off the court, and big contribution to the unraveling of team chemistry. Hopefully it is a 180 degree change from him in all aspects of the game.
I am being optimistic. And yes he is a little heady. But with the pressure to perform soph year, competing with Gillon, The injury, and alleged incident with a recruit equal huge headwind last year. We will see but I've torn my stomach muscles and it is painful and I can imagine how difficult it would be to play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom