Huge problem | Syracusefan.com

Huge problem

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
Babers has clearly whiffed on his first 2 qbs , DeVito and Amie

Tough to see how we can recover from here

DeVito is not the problem. OL is awful, possibly worst in all P5, even treading on D2 quality at this point. Linebackers are clearly not prepared for ACC football. Aaron Rodgers would play poorly with out OL right now.

DeVito is not the problem. OL is awful, possibly worst in all P5, even treading on D2 quality at this point. Linebackers are clearly not prepared for ACC football. Aaron Rodgers would play poorly with out OL right now.
The offensive line isn’t diving short of the first down marker on 4th and 5, or inexplicably trying to reach the ball over the first down marker 1 yd short of it and getting the ball knocked out... , throwing and ducking , he’s in over his head.

Devito is part of the problem. He fails to see open recievers that can pick up first downs while throwing low percentage deep throws to covered guys that go incomplete. He runs out of bounds short of the 1st down marker on 4th down instead of at least putting the ball somewhere in the area of a reciever so they can try to make a play or pick up a PI. He has poor feel for the game.

If you watched the game today and are creating posts complaining about the QB then you might have an agenda just saying...

Our defense gave up 500 yards rushing.

I mean are you looking at just the stats or are you going to include decion making?

If you watched the game today and are creating posts complaining about the QB then you might have an agenda just saying...

Our defense gave up 500 yards rushing.
Clearly we had guys who were not interested after awhile in tackling those 2 backs, but it’s been game after game with poor offensive decision making , we had games to win where our defense has played ok. No agenda

Clearly we had guys who were not interested after awhile in tackling those 2 backs, but it’s been game after game with poor offensive decision making , we had games to win where our defense has played ok. No agenda

We just had a game where we gave up 500 yards rushing where we stacked the box with 9 guys on every down. Today had nothing to do with the QB. Other games sure? Today no

I thought the consensus was that Devito was better than Dungey and would be a program savior if only Babers let him play last year...

You don't say. The point is the QB gets praise when the team wins and the blame when they lose.
There’s probably a few people who would find a way to complain about any QB in a win:p

You don't say. The point is the QB gets praise when the team wins and the blame when they lose.

You can't blame the QB when the defense gives up 500 yards rushing in a single game which was my point. THE DEFENSE GAVE UP 500 YARDS RUSHING TODAY and you are blaming the QB...

You can't blame the QB when the defense gives up 500 yards rushing in a single game which was my point. THE DEFENSE GAVE UP 500 YARDS RUSHING TODAY and you are blaming the QB...

Good lord did you even read...

he is right up there with the rest of the problems. Our D gets back on the field after a bad read or misplay by TD. Are there other awful problems, yes. 1000x yes. Is TD part of the solution. Not in my eyes so far.

Nobody claiming TD is the solution or not a problem. But complaining about TD after this game is pretty crazy.

Guys/gals. Except for our punter, everything on this team is a problem. Coaching, scheme, horrible OL, regression at the skill positions, TDs feel for the game, tackling, coverage skills and to me the biggest problem of all: no player leadership/passion/will to win. The talent isn’t great but it’s good enough in this dumpster fire of a conference with our joke of an OOC for us to be bowl eligible by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom