Hunter Dickinson | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

I kinda poo - poo’d it at first too. But the more I consider the dynamics at play, the more I think we have a shot here.

We’re late to the dance, but we brought 1995 Jennifer Aniston as our date.
And who wouldn't hit that? Amirite? Thanks for the info!

FWIW…the key here are agents. At least that’s my understanding. Agents tied to TTO can front NIL $ based on a guarantee the player signs with that agent.

It’s the same game as before, but a little more open.

So….having a guy really tight with an AAU program can pay dividends, even if the schools NIL collective isn’t strong.

I’m pretty sure there are lots of ways to play this game.
Straughn isn’t a random hire

Probably gonna be a bridesmaids here but who knows.

I’m content with worst case scenario roster for next year don’t love worst case scenario big picture but things change we might gain some unseen muscles to pull players like this towards us in the future.

Not sure what I can’t post in the portal thread anymore just because I questioned Georgetown Kent.

Straughn isn’t a random hire
Read between the lines people, when someone with AZOrange's connections says this. We're in it. I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but we can get excited that things aren't dire. Sport is entertainment, and I don't know about you, but I am really freaking entertained right now.

Moore was never in the portal and cost to jump has to far outweigh the cost to stay if someone is happy where they are.
Tell that to Jesse Edwards. He was very happy at Cuse. And that should’ve been true for him. But it sounds like he’s leaving for maybe a few hundred thousand dollars more. It’s not a huge difference. We apparently came up with a market rate type NIL package and even boosted the number when asked.

Read between the lines people, when someone with AZOrange's connections says this. We're in it. I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but we can get excited that things aren't dire. Sport is entertainment, and I don't know about you, but I am really freaking entertained right now.
Yeah, I don't know about that AZOrange guy. He once likened a young Mathew Moyer to Melo.

I kid, I kid (but it's true).

Hunter Dickinson says 1 transfer rumor is not true

“No truth to rumors that Hunter Dickinson is visiting Villanova today, he told me. Wouldn't be shocked if he visits there at some point, but as of right now it's still just Georgetown on Saturday, Maryland on Sunday and Kansas next Thurs.”
He ain’t going to Georgetown. Cmon.

It’s Maryland, Kansas….or….maybe Syracuse?

Syracuse has generally always had a little more juice than Maryland.

And Kansas….is in Kansas. And we usually kick their ass.

So he’s probably coming to Syracuse.

You don’t think the staff is being critiqued? There is a less than a week old 100+ page thread that I wouldn’t say praises the staff.

Agreed but some people like to start celebrating too early when really nothing has been done yet . We are, at the moment, worse than last yea
Cuse

Yeah, I don't know about that AZOrange guy. He once likened a young Mathew Moyer to Melo.

I kid, I kid (but it's true).
Mayer if he doesn’t get hurt as a high school senior probably is a hell of a player.

He ain’t going to Georgetown. Cmon.

It’s Maryland, Kansas….or….maybe Syracuse?

Syracuse has generally always had a little more juice than Maryland.

And Kansas….is in Kansas. And we usually kick their ass.

So he’s probably coming to Syracuse.
I mean if anyone gets our best offer it will be him.

Kansas basketball is just like K State football boring middle of nowhere meh. The arena is so damned uncomfortable but it’s amazing they fit that many people in a tiny cramped building.

I mean if anyone gets our best offer it will be him.

Kansas basketball is just like K State football boring middle of nowhere meh. The arena is so damned uncomfortable but it’s amazing they fit that many people in a tiny cramped building.
Hey, their draw is MONEY. That isn't a small thing. Hopefully our combination of AAU ties (Straughn), money and just not being Kansas appeals to him. So many fall for that Kansas crap, hopefully we can start turning the tides with the big boy Hunter Dickinson. Screw Kansas and Bill Self. He looks like a third rate evangelist.

Hey, their draw is MONEY. That isn't a small thing. Hopefully our combination of AAU ties (Straughn), money and just not being Kansas appeals to him. So many fall for that Kansas crap, hopefully we can start turning the tides with the big boy Hunter Dickinson. Screw Kansas and Bill Self. He looks like a third rate evangelist.

Similar program to us but while we have our basketball fans sit in a football stadium they cram their basketball fans into the lower concourse of an NBA stadium yet try for the same capacity as an NBA areana.

We aren't similar really nothing in common geographically NY and KS have nothing in common being good at basketball is the only thing the two universities have similar.

We'll see I'm already planning for the worst and thats OK they won't be awful players and it won't be worse than what JB trotted out. If we hit a grand slam and land HD that will be awesome. You only need 7-8 good players and honestly only 2-3 stars.

feel like for SU to get HD he'd have to (among other things) have a guarantee of Mintz coming back?

feel like for SU to get HD he'd have to (among other things) have a guarantee of Mintz coming back?
JJ is another Mintz with slightly less draft hype just b/c he isn't currently in the process.

HD wants to be the big fish. Hes a very high profile player. We're a good program for that we don't put these guys under microscopes none of our superstar players who knew the deal (star player with crazy attention) ever had problems DC, Billy, Carmelo etc. We've always done well with these guys.

I think if we offer an equal bag we get him. 50 cents on the dollar probably not but 90-95 high bidder he'll come here. Just doubt the program is really bidding aggressively this offseason. I think we'd probably get an OK return on the bag so it might make sense.

He'd get more media attention than Judah. WAYYY more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom