I already hate Brony James. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I already hate Brony James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puhleeze. I didn't need anyone to convince me to not "like" LeBron- hate being too strong a word.
"The Decision" being a big part of it, but I cheered just as loudly when he brought Cleveland to a championship.
I'm old skool and just felt that MJ and Kobe were better...still do btw, but here was LePain being anointed before earning his stripes. Granted he's handled the attention very well, probably better than anyone I ever seen, and he is generally considered to be a good guy, so there's that.
You realize “the decision” was for charity? He raised over 3 million dollars for the boys & girls club of america that night. He didn’t do it for his own publicity, he did it because he understood and continues to understand his platform can help less fortunate individuals that came from the same upbringing as him. Meanwhile your hero MJ told a homeless man to get a job and wouldn’t let Horace Grant eat after games if he played poorly, and Kobe was charged with rape.

You realize “the decision” was for charity? He raised over 3 million dollars for the boys & girls club of america that night. He didn’t do it for his own publicity, he did it because he understood and continues to understand his platform can help less fortunate individuals that came from the same upbringing as him. Meanwhile your hero MJ told a homeless man to get a job and wouldn’t let Horace Grant eat after games if he played poorly, and Kobe was charged with rape.
2 things:
(1) Don't give a rat's azz what the reasoning behind it was. It was tacky, overblown, and a bad look IMO. And if you think there was no ego involved, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that'd be perfect for you.
(2) I don't do "heroes" in sports- stopped that when I was about 8 yrs old. I said MJ and Kobe were better players, not people or men. I don't know them personally, just like you don't know LeBron. So I prefer to judge him, and them, purely from a sports perspective. Capiche'?

2 things:
(1) Don't give a rat's azz what the reasoning behind it was. It was tacky, overblown, and a bad look IMO. And if you think there was no ego involved, then I have a bridge in n Brooklyn that'd be perfect for you.
(2) I don't do "heroes" in sports- stopped that when I was about 8. I said MJ and Kobe were better players, not people or men. I don't know them personally, just like you don't know LeBron. So I prefer to judge him, and then, purely from a sports perspective. Capiche'?
Yes, raising millions of dollars for poor families and struggling children is very tacky.

Obtuse much?
If anyone is obtuse it’s you, you completely ignore the good in what the decision brought because you “don’t give a rats azz” and focus on what you believe is negative. I also find it funny how you said you weren’t judging them as men, because you don’t know them personally, then insist that the decision was an ego play by Lebron. lol.

2 things:
(1) Don't give a rat's azz what the reasoning behind it was. It was tacky, overblown, and a bad look IMO. And if you think there was no ego involved, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that'd be perfect for you.
(2) I don't do "heroes" in sports- stopped that when I was about 8 yrs old. I said MJ and Kobe were better players, not people or men. I don't know them personally, just like you don't know LeBron. So I prefer to judge him, and them, purely from a sports perspective. Capiche'?
Lebron has higher career averages than Kobe in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, field goal percentage, three-point field goal percentage, True Shooting Percentage, PER, VORP, Offensive Win Shares, Defensive Win Shares, Total Win Shares, more MVP awards, more MVP win shares and more Finals MVPs.

Kobe has a high career free throw percentage.

These two guys aren't on the same level.

Lebron has higher career averages than Kobe in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, field goal percentage, three-point field goal percentage, True Shooting Percentage, PER, VORP, Offensive Win Shares, Defensive Win Shares, Total Win Shares, more MVP awards, more MVP win shares and more Finals MVPs.

Kobe has a high career free throw percentage.

These two guys aren't on the same level.
I was going to say this, but anytime someone says Kobe is better than Lebron I know engaging with them in a basketball conversation isn’t worth my time and let it go.

I was genuinely curious about that so I looked it up.

Lebron averaged 20.9 pts, 5.5 rebs, 5.9 assists, 1.6 steals, 0.7 blocks.
Melo 21.0 pts, 6.1 rebs, 2.8 assists, 1.2 steals, 0.5 blocks.

PER: Lebron 18.3, Melo 17.6
VORP: Lebron 2.9, Melo 1.6
WS/48: Melo .098, Lebron .078

Conclusion: probably a decent argument to be made for both guys. I would probably objectively have voted Lebron by a smidge.
Analytics weren’t really used back then and wouldn’t have been considered by the voters. I think Hollinger had just come up with PER.

Here’s the thing, though: While their overall numbers were similar, the Nuggets made the playoffs and the Cavs did not. And the West was a much tougher conference.

For whatever its worth, Jonathan Givony, who I think is real sharp on draft stuff (but obviously not perfect) has really been talking Bronny up the last couple of months. He did a pod with Lowe about him somewhat recently.

Yeah, all due respect to Givony, whom I enjoy, but until I see more, I think it's total BS as it pertains to Bronny on his own merits. Which is too bad, because I think he can be a really good college ball player and potentially make the NBA.

He's not the best player in LA (and I'm not sure where he ranks overall for the city) and I'm not even sure he's the best player on his team.

Again, I like the kid, I think he's going to be a real good college player, but I think Givony is out of his mind at the moment.

If anyone is obtuse it’s you, you completely ignore the good in what the decision brought because you “don’t give a rats azz” and focus on what you believe is negative. I also find it funny how you said you weren’t judging them as men, because you don’t know them personally, then insist that the decision was an ego play by Lebron. lol.
You sound triggered.
Here's a tip, reading is fundamental. "IMO" is key when expressing an... opinion?
Finally, and this will probably hurt your feelings a bit- LBJ doesn't know, nor probably care about a random opine on a message board. It's not that deep...seriously. smdh

I think MJ has done plenty for charity too, just saying.

You sound triggered.
Here's a tip, reading is fundamental. "IMO" is key when expressing an... opinion?
Finally, and this will probably hurt your feelings a bit- LBJ doesn't know, nor probably care about a random opine on a message board. It's not that deep...seriously. smdh
You said I was obtuse, you’re the one who steered away from the conversation to make a comment. So again, if someone is triggered, it’s you.

Yes, raising millions of dollars for poor families and struggling children is very tacky.
To suggest that by saying I didn't like "The Decision", that somehow I didn't like raising money for the poor, speaks for itself. In no way did my comment about HOW the event was handled, suggest that I didn't appreciate WHY it was handled in that manner. Hence the obtuse nature of your comment.
And I stand by my opinion that ego played a part in the whole spectacle. Agree to disagree.

To suggest that by saying I didn't like "The Decision", that somehow I didn't like raising money for the poor, speaks for itself. In no way did my comment about HOW the event was handled, suggest that I didn't appreciate WHY it was handled in that manner. Hence the obtuse nature of your comment.
And I stand by my opinion that ego played a part in the whole spectacle. Agree to disagree.
You literally said you didn’t give a rats azz about the reasoning behind the decision when i mentioned the charity.. But sure. Agree to disagree, have a good one.

I’m sure he has

Great. So you agree people who give large sums of money to charity can also be criticized for other things they do that are bad and/or selfish. Glad we came to that understanding.

I can't believe we're relitigating The Decision almost fifteen years later. Red better turn this f#$^ing thing around.
I think we just all desperately need something to distract ourselves from UConn's inevitable title.

Great. So you agree people who give large sums of money to charity can also be criticized for other things they do that are bad and/or selfish. Glad we came to that understanding.
Where you’re coming up short is the thing that Lebron is being criticized for and being called bad/selfish for is the same thing that gave upwards of 3 million dollars to poor families. Lol. Meanwhile MJ wouldn’t let his teammates eat post game if they played poorly, and told a homeless man to get a job for absolutely no other reason than because he could. Very, very different situations. I would say nice try, but it was actually very lackluster. Donating to charity doesn’t make you a good person, but when you’re 38 years old and have been under the spotlight since you were 15, and the one single thing that you’ve done that people can cling to, to bring Lebron down, and show that he’s “selfish” also resulted in millions of dollars going to poor families, it’s pretty remarkable.

Last edited:
Where you’re coming up short is the thing that Lebron is being criticized for and being called bad/selfish for is the same thing that gave upwards of 3 million dollars to poor families. Lol. Meanwhile MJ wouldn’t let his teammates eat post game if they played poorly, and told a homeless man to get a job for absolutely no other reason than because he could. Very, very different situations. I would say nice try, but it was actually very lackluster.

I never called or even implied “the decision” was bad or selfish. He’s done other things that certainly fit those adjectives. But I don’t particularly care about his handling of the decision.

I’d say you putting words in my mouth doesn’t even rise to the level of “very lackluster.”

I never called or even implied “the decision” was bad or selfish. He’s done other things that certainly fit those adjectives. But I don’t particularly care about his handling of the decision.

I’d say you putting words in my mouth doesn’t even rise to the level of “very lackluster.”
Name the things then. Show us how selfish Lebron is.

2 things:

Kobe a better player? I'm sorry - but that is just flat out wrong. MJ is the only guy one can argue over Lebron.

Name the things then. Show us how selfish Lebron is.

You can do your own research. But you claiming to know all this horrible stuff about MJ, while acting clueless about anything negative related to LeBron is pretty telling. I’d explain to you what confirmation bias is but it would go right over your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom