I can think of no reason that Fab was at the game | Syracusefan.com

I can think of no reason that Fab was at the game

dasher

Living Legend
today. If he is short some work from the first semester, he should have been at the Melo center witha procter watching him do school work. quite frankly, that is all he should be doing right now. No bar time. School work.

today. If he is short some work from the first semester, he should have been at the Melo center witha procter watching him do school work. quite frankly, that is all he should be doing right now. No bar time. School work.
Unless its all done and the are just waiting on NCAA

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

You can't create new school work out of nowhere. That's why the team has mandatory study halls and tutor sessions. They've done what they can to resolve the issue (from what I can gather). He's still a part of this team and belongs there to be able to support his teammates. I don't know a single student who sits in a room and does homework for 8 hours straight on Saturday and Sunday.

Okay, but if he's already done the work he needs to and the 2nd appeal was denied, what is the last hurdle? And if it's not been cleared...?

You can't create new school work out of nowhere. That's why the team has mandatory study halls and tutor sessions. They've done what they can to resolve the issue (from what I can gather). He's still a part of this team and belongs there to be able to support his teammates. I don't know a single student who sits in a room and does homework for 8 hours straight on Saturday and Sunday.

You mean you dont think dion went straight to his room after the game and is hitting the books as we speak? Blasphemy!

You are assuming that the violation in question is related to incomplete school work. I'm not so sure that this is the issue exactly. In either case, I think it is entirely appropriate for him to be sitting on the bench with his teammates. If nothing else, it will serve as a good lesson for him to watch us get absolutely obliterated on the boards without him.

from JBs presser remark...we should know this week...then probably everything is done and just waiting the word he can play...

You are assuming his "academic issue" is some sort of term paper he needs to do. There are 101 other scenarios that are just as likely that would be totally unaffected by Melo being back in his dorm room.
Besides, I think it did him good to have to sit there in person and see us get killed under the boards by the "foreign dude" Mountaineer Mascot wearing a WVA uniform.

He was at the game because he is a member of the team. You have no idea what the ineligibility matter entails, so suggesting that he be sitting doing school work is crazy.

You are assuming his "academic issue" is some sort of term paper he needs to do. There are 101 other scenarios that are just as likely that would be totally unaffected by Melo being back in his dorm room.
Besides, I think it did him good to have to sit there in person and see us get killed under the boards by the "foreign dude" Mountaineer Mascot wearing a WVA uniform.

I agree. Fab probably felt bad upon seeing that and realizing he could have been the dominant "foreign dude" in the paint today.

Fab's situation is much more complicated than just missing homework. If he does come back, I doubt he'll be back next year. I can't believe this situation can be cleared up this week.

Kilicli was dominant using that off arm as a shield. Drove me nuts that he wasn't called for it.

An obvious call each of the ten times he used it.

Somehow one goaltend call gets all the press.

Bottom line is that no one here understands for certain what is transpiring. As another poster mentioned, there are a myriad of things that could have occurred to put him in this spot. People believing that it's just him failing to turn in a homework assignment or the need to study more for some "mystical" make-up exam, I believe are being naive. Based on how things have gone, the timing of it all, along with comments that have made my officials, I think it's more likely something that is waiting in the balance of a person's (or board's) decision based on an act that was possibly done on his behalf. Big time speculation on my part, I know, but this just smells like something he "did" rather than "didn't do". I'm crossing my fingers that it all works because without him on the team, we are very mediocre and are just waiting to be exposed by better teams... oh yeah, we already have once by Notre Dame which doesn't even fit the definition of "better teams".

He was at the game because he is a member of the team. You have no idea what the ineligibility matter entails, so suggesting that he be sitting doing school work is crazy.
How do you know what I know about his eligibility? The fact is that right now he isn't a member of the team. He saw to that.

He's a college kid, his team is playing, and its a Saturday that's why.

I'm sure we all have stuff to do but we were also sitting, watching the game just like him.

Rather see him sitting there than not because he's officially gone or in Brazil.

Alright let me cut though the BS vagueness a little, has anybody written out a list of what the problem could be based on what we know? Everybody is talking in these ambiguous terms, it's annoying me. I doubt this is something that has never happened in the history of college basketball.

Universities aren't like some forbidden palace where things go on that is beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. It's probably something that can be explained in one or two sentences. What are the possibilities?

How do you know what I know about his eligibility? The fact is that right now he isn't a member of the team. He saw to that.

Looks like he is still a member of the team. May not be able to play but still part ot the team. He wanted them to win.
Harsh, dasher, harsh.

this is pretty naive sounding.

Nope. I am trying to make a point with the kid. He adds nothing to the team by being at the game. He gets his work done and gets reinstated, he helps a lot. Discipline is not something you do to someone, it's something you do for them.

I have no clue what has taken place with Melo...but I would bet that whatever it is has been taken care of...he will either be reinstated this week, as JB hopefully suggested in presser, or not. But to think he still has work or something else to do to be reinstated is most likely not correct...Melo has probably completed whatever it is he needed to complete...if done correctly he will be back soon...if not then he wont..but I think Melo being at game was and is the right thing...

Well, if you knew, then the rest of the world would likely know also. If you have inside information, please share it with us and document your sources. If Fab was not a member of the team, he would not be practicing with them or sitting in street clothes on the bench.

Few or quite possibly non of us know what the Fab "situation" is and to speculate is a total waste of time and energy ... sit back, relax and wait for things to work out ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom