I don't want to hear "Well, they Won didn't they?" | Syracusefan.com

I don't want to hear "Well, they Won didn't they?"

That was garbage. Very disappointing...again...
Ok, it is clear that the team is not as good as we all hoped it would be! Surprise!!!! ... Pre season hype and expectations are just that. There is still a lot of season left and this team still has an opportunity to grow and get better. Out task as fans is to keep encouraging them week after week and supporting them. The results will be clear to all of us and speak for themselves. This second guessing of coaches and schemes and 4th and 9...LOL... is out of control. If ynot ou bleed Orange, you bleed Orange and you support your team and hope they win every time out...but if they don't you still support them and wish them the best next game. I am a huge fan, and I read all the hype before the season, and now, reality has set in for us all, so, it is what it is...and it could get better.

The coaching staff accomplished the most important tasks this off season.

The changed the narrative about Syracuse, they recruited like crazy and bright home quality inn the transfer portal and in high school recruiting.

Most importantly, they brought in McCord and created a scheme where he could dominate.

Hard to measure anything against a team as week as HC. Vegas was pretty much spot on at 28 1/2.
Kyle was clearly off today. Missed a lot of open receivers. It happens - better to happen against HC.
Meeks was great 10 catches for 161 yards and 1TD. Lequint is clearly one of our best 4 players.
Lots of talented freshman all over the field. Lots to look forward to in the future.
That said, I have serious doubts about our ST coach. He may cost us a game or two at this rate.
Perry made a really boneheaded block in the back.
Lots to clean up lots of good things. Looks like this season will be agony and ecstacy. I will be content with a bowl and hopefully a good win or two along the way.

Very inconsistent. The way we came out with 3 straight stops and 2 scores marching down the field and you felt it would be over by half. Same in other games. It’s signs of a young staff, a program that isn’t used to winning, or they have some pieces, but just aren’t that good.

I think it’s more the first 2. Culture is everything. It’s an identity. You can tell programs that have it. I’m interested to see what Fran can do over time if he’s consistent implementing his culture. It’s obvious we’re going to need more talent though. The DL is a weakness and so is secondary. Missing Wax hurts too. Offensively they would be good if the OL can play average. ST’s are awful.

Not that i like the style but you always knew Michigan under Hardbaugh was going to win with defense and rushing. Same with Rutgers, which Schiano seems to have implemented. It’s not fun, but it travels and works. If that’s the style Fran wants to go we have a long road ahead. Luckily we have an excellent QB and enough receiving weapons where we can compete with most of our schedule.

Hard to measure anything against a team as week as HC. Vegas was pretty much spot on at 28 1/2.
Kyle was clearly off today. Missed a lot of open receivers. It happens - better to happen against HC.
Meeks was great 10 catches for 161 yards and 1TD. Lequint is clearly one of our best 4 players.
Lots of talented freshman all over the field. Lots to look forward to in the future.
That said, I have serious doubts about our ST coach. He may cost us a game or two at this rate.
Perry made a really boneheaded block in the back.
Lots to clean up lots of good things. Looks like this season will be agony and ecstacy. I will be content with a bowl and hopefully a good win or two along the way.
Allen would be a great receiver, runs great
routes, and catches everything thrown to him. A great possession receiver.
And being a receiver, would give him the ability to pick up additional yards after catch.

That was garbage. Very disappointing...again...
I’m disappointed as well. But if you step back for a moment. If we made 3 chip shot field goals it’s freaking 51-14. That’s pretty damn good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom