I don't want to hear "Well, they Won didn't they?" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I don't want to hear "Well, they Won didn't they?"

The defense almost played a perfect game. Only two possessions crossed the 50, 8 3 and outs, 2 4 and outs, 1 5 and out, and a pick six.

They scored on a 3rd down where SU blitzed and rushed 6 and they screwed up the coverage and on their only possession of more than 5 plays on a half back pass.

It's tough to judge when you're out there with 2nd and 3rd team everything.

That said, in his limited pass plays, he either looked indecisive or no one was open. Can't tell from TV.
As well as not getting the snaps all week in practice.

Would I be worried if Kyle got hurt mid game? Yes. We'd prob lose if it was a close game

But it's not really worth worrying about. Injuries happen.

If Kyle like tore his ACL, then the gameplan would change accordingly.

yeah not sure why there's a narrative that the team was terrible in this game. It was sloppy. Sloppy and bad against a Holy Cross would have been a game in the 4th quarter similar to BC last year. This was a team that had oodles of first downs and did things on defense.

If anything the sloppiness is a great narrative for Fran to clean stuff up against the next wave of teams. We're not perfect. We're a 8 win team. Need to get the wins to get bowl eligible and build from there.

I think we win big this weekend. Feel like everyone is nervous but we'll tighten up in a good way
It just might be that getting away from home will be a blessing. It might take the pressure off the coaches and players.
That might allow them to play freely without having to impress us,( The Syracuse Fans).

58% completion rate with 2 interceptions is lowest and against HC. Both were his fault. He wasn't sharp. Pass to LeQuint was high and if on the money he had a lot of green in front of him. Instead he fell down making an acrobatic catch. Also threw behind and over Orande.
He would be the first to tell you he was not sharp today.
Everybody has games they don't have their best stuff. He will be fine.

Yes, this was his worst game so far. Fair points.
He's still crushing it.

Our run game is mehh.. special teams is troubling. But then again, we "ain't" half bad. We're more disciplined, our pass game is a real threat..

Looked like we put things together against a ranked GT. Stanford still burns. I'm hoping the culture Fran is trying to create makes another showing against UNLV. Fight and heart matter. That's what I'm looking for, in this game. We bring that, focus and detail, and I think we win this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom