I expect to lose by at least 10 tonight | Syracusefan.com

I expect to lose by at least 10 tonight

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
The last 9 games against UNC we have lost by an average of 85-73 as they have absolutely crushed us inside just about every time we play.

I think we lose by 10 plus to UNC again after seeing them yesterday. Last time we played Marek, got pushed around, was in foul trouble and did absolutely nothing. For the people who just think the players we have inside now are fine I would say you are wrong. We desperately need to recruit more physicality or we are just just going to see the same result until a new coach gets here.

Last edited:
UNC is going to play volleyball.
If they make their first shot it will likely be a 3 and if they miss just grab the rebound and score or get fouled.
They know how to play the zone.
If they was ever a team to not play zone against it’s this team.

Just sag off their shooters send bodies to the defensive glass.

The last 9 games against UNC we have lost by an average of 85-73 as they have absolutely crushed us inside just about every time we play.

I think we lose by 10 plus to UNC again after seeing them yesterday. Last time we played Marek got pushed around, was in foul trouble and did absolutely nothing. For the people who just think the players we have inside now are fine I would say you are wrong. We desperately need to recruit more physicality or we are just just going to see the same result until a new coach gets here.

I expect us to win by ten. If we get the three big guns UNC will not hang. Jimmy will adjust an give up the middle to push out on shooters. Brooks will get his 20 but Bacot will struggle to finish. Expect Anthony to throw up some poor shots when we get the lead. Key is keeping Sidibe on the floor and getting our shots to fall early. Hughes, Buddy and Joe hit a couple early and we got this.
Cuse!

You can do this in a zone...
Not with ball movement.
In a man to man you can box out an actual body.
In a zone you can’t box out a body because you have to stop the ball.
UNC kills us because they move the ball and then their bigs crash the boards.
They send 3 players to the offensive glass and our guys aren’t boxing out an assignment. They outwork us.

UNC has won 4 of 5.
I legit will be surprised if we win this game.
It’s a terrible matchup.
We are a finesse, third point shooting team.
UNC is a speed, physical team that tries to outwork teams.

We don’t play the beef the beat these type of teams.
JB needs multiple Rick Jackson, Tyler Lydon, Rak Christmas, AO type players to matchup with these type of teams.

Salivating over the 3/10 and 4 turnovers last night?
I particularly enjoyed the 60% from the line

its.not.close.
Hughes is having the better season.
Anthony is the better pro prospect.

It boils down to semantics of the argument.
I think Hughes is 3 years older so that contributes.
I would take either player and be happy.

Anthony has the higher upside.
Hughes is the more finished product.

Hughes is having the better season.
Anthony is the better pro prospect.

It boils down to semantics of the argument.
I think Hughes is 3 years older so that contributes.
I would take either player and be happy.

Anthony has the higher upside.
Hughes is the more finished product.
Everything you said is 100% accurate. We have the best player TONIGHT from a production standpoint.

I expect us to win by ten. If we get the three big guns UNC will not hang. Jimmy will adjust an give up the middle to push out on shooters. Brooks will get his 20 but Bacot will struggle to finish. Expect Anthony to throw up some poor shots when we get the lead. Key is keeping Sidibe on the floor and getting our shots to fall early. Hughes, Buddy and Joe hit a couple early and we got this.
Cuse!
The three big guns is more like 1 howitzer and 2 water squirters.

Salivating over the 3/10 and 4 turnovers last night?
I particularly enjoyed the 60% from the line

its.not.close.

Cole Anthony is a top 10 pick and flat out abused us last week. Buddy and Joe likely didn't get quicker and stronger since. Hughes (who I love and worked his tail off to become draftable) is likely another Syracuse AAAA player.

I still can't believe this UNC team is 14-18 and went 6-14 in conference play, and that includes getting hot lately.

With a healthy Anthony, they lost to BC, to Wake by 17, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State by a million, etc, and even without him lost total head scratchers to Pitt twice, Clemson, Wofford...

But they didn't lose to Miami.

If we keep this close it'll be a surprise. A W will be an outright stunner.

By far the best double digit seed in ACC conference (any conference?) tourney history, right?

The line is out now and UNC favored by 2.5 (I actually thought it would be higher). I wonder if it's the first time a 14-seed was favored in their 2nd game of the tourney? But at least people think we have a shot (and fortunately we have been a good road team this year).

Jasoncuse, to answer your question from above -- for sure (best double digit seed in ACC Tourney history). During the Gonzaga/St. Mary's game last night Dickie V even said it would not surprise him if UNC ran the table.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what tweaks if any JB made from game 1. Hopefully we didn't attribute that loss to playing and shooting poorly and have made some adjustments to help mitigate their advantages.

Can't let them tee off from three, and we need to hit our shots.

If both of those things don't occur, season might be over tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom