I expect to lose by at least 10 tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I expect to lose by at least 10 tonight

It will be interesting to see what tweaks if any JB made from game 1. Hopefully we didn't attribute that loss to playing and shooting poorly and have made some adjustments to help mitigate their advantages.
The game plan, unfortunately, is to dare them to make shots and hope they miss vs them destroying us inside. It clearly didn’t work out game 1. Hopefully the percentages are more kind today. However the quality of the shots also matters. If I see Cole Anthony get wide open look and wide open look... my god.

UNC will miss many more threes this time around ... unfortunately that will lead to Sidibe fouling out in 12 minutes by jumping over the back of UNC players to get those rebounds.

Only be disappointed is if SU doesn't play an inspired game with lots of moxie.
Players should be fed up with being owned by UNC, and go after them.
Do that + our shots fall + theirs don't = W possible! :)
And what a great lift a W tonight would be.

I expect to see Goodine and Washington to play some very aggressive minutes at the point, by plan or necessity.

Give me a goddamn break. We're about to blow them out
You started drinking early today. I saw your post in the prediction thread calling for a double digit win.

As they say, I'll have what your having.

If we win, and I think there is a 10% chance of that happening, it will be by 7 or less. And only that much due to late free throws.

The last 9 games against UNC we have lost by an average of 85-73 as they have absolutely crushed us inside just about every time we play.

I think we lose by 10 plus to UNC again after seeing them yesterday. Last time we played Marek, got pushed around, was in foul trouble and did absolutely nothing. For the people who just think the players we have inside now are fine I would say you are wrong. We desperately need to recruit more physicality or we are just just going to see the same result until a new coach gets here.

if you are playing roulette and there are 9 reds in a row, where are you placing your bets on the next roll?

Lets go Cuse!!!!

if you are playing roulette and there are 9 reds in a row, where are you placing your bets on the next roll?

Lets go Cuse!!!!
What is the Gambler's Fallacy?

Also known as the Monte Carlo Fallacy, the Gambler's Fallacy occurs when an individual erroneously believes that a certain random event is less likely or more likely, given a previous event or a series of events. This line of thinking is incorrect, since past events do not change the probability that certain events will occur in the future.

Honestly wonder if SU should just give them easy 2pt buckets early on and focus on getting the FT line when on offense.

What is the Gambler's Fallacy?

Also known as the Monte Carlo Fallacy, the Gambler's Fallacy occurs when an individual erroneously believes that a certain random event is less likely or more likely, given a previous event or a series of events. This line of thinking is incorrect, since past events do not change the probability that certain events will occur in the future.

nothing is better than sports gambling about streaks ATS night games played on grass on primetime tv that goes back like 3-5-10 years. AND THE SPREAD is changing based on the conditions of the team! Alabama is favored by a lot more now than they were 10-11 years ago.

they are literally looking at completely different teams and using it as information to bet games.

The last 9 games against UNC we have lost by an average of 85-73 as they have absolutely crushed us inside just about every time we play.

I think we lose by 10 plus to UNC again after seeing them yesterday. Last time we played Marek, got pushed around, was in foul trouble and did absolutely nothing. For the people who just think the players we have inside now are fine I would say you are wrong. We desperately need to recruit more physicality or we are just just going to see the same result until a new coach gets here.

it’s hard for me to disagree and I think I have a reputation on here as a generally optimistic guy like yourself

Even if we win this we still have Louisville tomorrow and need to beat them to even be on the bubble. Lately going to the ACCT it felt like we only needed 1 win to be in the NCAAs.

As awesome as it would feel to win tonight, we still have so much work to do

Even if we win this we still have Louisville tomorrow and need to beat them to even be on the bubble. Lately going to the ACCT it felt like we only needed 1 win to be in the NCAAs.

From a statistical likelihood perspective, season ended games ago. No team is ever officially eliminated until you lose your conference tournament game but the math has not been close to in our favor for a long long time.

From a statistical likelihood perspective, season ended games ago. No team is ever officially eliminated until you lose your conference tournament game but the math has not been close to in our favor for a long long time
True.
Just gimme that W tonight. A big win is what this team (and me) needs now.
Then see where they take it from there!

We aren't getting in or going on a mini-run but we need something to hold onto from this season - thus far it's a win at UVA (yawn). Knocking off UNC in Greensboro and ending their season would be something to remember at least.

The game plan, unfortunately, is to dare them to make shots and hope they miss vs them destroying us inside. It clearly didn’t work out game 1. Hopefully the percentages are more kind today. However the quality of the shots also matters. If I see Cole Anthony get wide open look and wide open look... my god.
Save yourself the trouble and just expect it, it's kinda what we do this year.

SU + 3. Wow. That line smells.
Just as fishy as the VT line last night. Vegas just wants to get more tarheel cash as not too many folks betting on us.

I'm not really concerned about Louisville if we beat UNC. Tonight's game would be enough for me,

I will be a little more optimistic and say 5, but it will be a loss.

He will, because Buddy and Girard cannot defend the arc.

This thread is very sad.
Because it wasn't that long ago when we legitimately believed we had a good chance to win any game.
And we did.
Shows how far the program has fallen.
Since joining the ACC SU is just mediocre...no longer a national powerhouse (most years).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom