I expect to lose by at least 10 tonight | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I expect to lose by at least 10 tonight

If we win, and I think there is a 10% chance of that happening
I respect your handicapping ability, but the books have Syracuse as 43% implied probability to win outright. If this game is played 10 times, we don't win only once. I think we lose tonight, but statistically these teams are much closer than 90/10.

Although if you truly have calculated 10% chance, there is AMAZING value betting Carolina then tonight. You can get -155

will JB sit one or both of his guards in the first half as he's tried in recent games or go full on ironman ball ?

This thread is very sad.
Because it wasn't that long ago when we legitimately believed we had a good chance to win any game.
And we did.
Shows how far the program has fallen.
Since joining the ACC SU is just mediocre...no longer a national powerhouse (most years).
This isn’t because we joined the ACC.
It’s our own fault.

This thread is very sad.
Because it wasn't that long ago when we legitimately believed we had a good chance to win any game.
And we did.
Shows how far the program has fallen.
Since joining the ACC SU is just mediocre...no longer a national powerhouse (most years).
I think you forgot to take 5 years of sanctions into consideration. Definitely has impacted the teams we have put on the floor over the past five years.....and how many years have we been in the ACC?

Is there another way to win?
Yes, the most common way to win in betting is beating the spread. You can still lose and cover the spread. Winning outright is using the moneyline. I didn't want to confuse anyone thinking that we had a 43% to just cover the spread. By saying "outright" it shows I'm talking ML. make sense?

we lose tonight, we got what we deserved, all we had to do was play a decent game against a crappy Miami team and we would be smacking Pitt around right now. instead we get the best 14th seed the ACC will ever see. Fitting ending for the worst SU team I have ever seen. not that I am bitter or anything ;)

do we get the Anthony that shoots 30% from 3 all yr or the dude shooting 50% the last few games?
Depends if Joe and Buddy can come within 10 feet of a closeout.

Depends if Joe and Buddy can come within 10 feet of a closeout.
Since Buddy's max closeout is about a step and a half, why is he ever more than a step and a half away from someone on the other team? He dutifully positions himself like the guards are usually supposed to, staked in the correct spot on the floor, often mid way between a shooter and a high post. The result is, he guards no one and can't get to where one of those guys is receiving the pass. He should just always match up with whoever is in or near his zone. Seems like that's better than not guarding anybody.

Yes, the most common way to win in betting is beating the spread. You can still lose and cover the spread. Winning outright is using the moneyline. I didn't want to confuse anyone thinking that we had a 43% to just cover the spread. By saying "outright" it shows I'm talking ML. make sense?
Offtopic some ... I'm a math and data kind of guy, but I can ever get interested in betting (sports or otherwise). I sometimes wish I could because I find some of it pretty fascinating (like the horse racing algorithm developed in Hong Kong), but every time I spend more than a few minutes, I lose interest.

Since Buddy's max closeout is about a step and a half, why is he ever more than a step and a half away from someone on the other team? He dutifully positions himself like the guards are usually supposed to, staked in the correct spot on the floor, often mid way between a shooter and a high post. The result is, he guards no one and can't get to where one of those guys is receiving the pass. He should just always match up with whoever is in or near his zone. Seems like that's better than not guarding anybody.
That's one of the reasons why UNC is such a terrible match up for us. They stick a big with decent offensive skills at the foul line, so our guards get sucked in trying to contest the pass, then they have to react when the ball ends up in the hands of the guard on their side.

Not with ball movement.
In a man to man you can box out an actual body.
In a zone you can’t box out a body because you have to stop the ball.
UNC kills us because they move the ball and then their bigs crash the boards.
They send 3 players to the offensive glass and our guys aren’t boxing out an assignment. They outwork us.

......??? Out rebounded them 38-33.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom