I guess there were 3 bad calls in the game | Syracusefan.com

I guess there were 3 bad calls in the game

OburgOrange

Living Legend
image.jpg

CJ just before his drive to the hoop and the offensive foil call

Crappy perspective too.

Lets face it. There were dozens of missed calls in this game. Just like like all the others.
I guess that's my point. Score more points than the other team and all theses calls are are not nit picked over. We missed a lot of chances. It's the way it goes

Crappy perspective too.

Lets face it. There were dozens of missed calls in this game. Just like like all the others.
Both teams benefited from bad calls, and one costs a team the game. And honestly, that's basketball. People will complain about calls after every basketball game. It sucks, but that's what it is. I am just simply saying that it's hard to tell if either heel was out of bounds by that picture. You don't see a single student that's right there pointing, and there's an official right there.

The flagrant foul that we benefitted from wasn't bad?

Two things. They had to make that call because he reached out and grabbed gbnje not once but twice. They call it flagrant now but it was an intentional foul.

The second hing here is we didn't benefit. Gbnje had a layup wiped out. We made two foul shots instead. We didn't score on the extra possession. So no there was no benefit in that call.

The ball is in the air in that picture. Go watch it live on YouTube. When he catches it he's in bounds.
This was honestly my first through when I saw it on twitter last night.

Looks like the left one is, and out of bounds

I would say his left heel looks like it's definitely off the ground. The right one is more questionable imo, but the ball is in the air.

this photo comes from a duke blogger that labels himself the dropout of message boards. the same guy posted a STILL shot of the charge as proof that the charge was the proper call. nice logic there.

anyways, this photo is so deceiving. not only is it distorted and out of focus. but if you watch the VIDEO, cj was shuffling his feet as he caught the ball. his heels were off the ground. this is an absolute terrible quality shot and angle to be arguing this point. not sure why a cuse fan would even post it.

this photo comes from a duke blogger that labels himself the dropout of message boards. the same guy posted a STILL shot of the charge as proof that the charge was the proper call. nice logic there.

anyways, this photo is so deceiving. not only is it distorted and out of focus. but if you watch the VIDEO, cj was shuffling his feet as he caught the ball. his heels were off the ground. this is an absolute terrible quality shot and angle to be arguing this point. not sure why a cuse fan would even post it.
Because when I watched it live, I thought he was out of bounds and the refs blew the call.

Because when I watched it live, I thought he was out of bounds and the refs blew the call.

so go get solid proof, not this BS from a dukie you pulled off twitter.

I think you're missing the point. Or rather, you're ignoring it.

You don't know "why a cuse fan would even post it?" I'm a huge SU fan, have been for over 40 years, and I find it interesting to talk about it these situations. For there's as much subjectivity in that situation as there is during the 400 or so call/no call situations that come during any game. And that's the point, IMHO.

Call me odd if you like, or even worse, but being a 'Cuse fan doesn't render me functionally blind.

Last edited:
Thanks for the diatribe cow town. That photo shows nothing. Why don't you post the video, rather than a blurry screen shot from a duke blogger and then we can talk about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom