I hope everyone involved with the program… | Syracusefan.com

I hope everyone involved with the program…

Scooch

Living Legend
…have spent the last 48 hours contemplating what they want this season to be. From Fran all the way down.

It was abundantly clear that the staff completely failed to prepare the team for Friday night. And it was also clear that the players didn’t take it seriously until it was way too late.

There’s only two gimmes remaining on the schedule. If we coach and play like we did Friday night, we could easily lose any of the other 7 games.

This was a 6 win team last season. This ain’t a rebuild. Everyone from Fran down needs to decide just how focused they want to be from here on out.

Pull off an upset or two and this can still be a special season.

Coming into this game this week, I didn’t want to see the 1’s deep into the 2nd half if we were up quite a bit. My opinion on this has changed. They need to use the time to get more run.

A big part of the problem Friday was holdover guys from last year not playing well.

You can only change so much in one offseason. Look at all the holes Colorado has despite having a QB that will go 1st round and a couple of NFL WRs. Prime has had 2 offseasons to fix those things and hasn't been able to despite all the hype around him and his ability to Portal.

None of our remaining games until Miami look hard lets see how we do we're 2-1 not 0-3 like some people are acting like.

A big part of the problem Friday was holdover guys from last year not playing well.

You can only change so much in one offseason. Look at all the holes Colorado has despite having a QB that will go 1st round and a couple of NFL WRs. Prime has had 2 offseasons to fix those things and hasn't been able to despite all the hype around him and his ability to Portal.

None of our remaining games until Miami look hard lets see how we do we're 2-1 not 0-3 like some people are acting like.
Not sure that Colorado is the best comparison.

Not sure that Colorado is the best comparison.
Of course not their coach is in his second season.

Last years CU that got off to the hot start and then the wheels fell off when they blew it vs Stanford isn't an awful comparison.

Figure out how to stop the run and on O figure out how to run and I like our chances. As usual, it comes down to both lines. Every year.
other than the 1 run they ran 30+ times for 120 yds. you take that all day long. the 3 longest runs is 30 for 100 yds. they didnt gash us there.

But yea our running game is not very good. In fact I wish they had just ignored it after the first quarter and give us more chances to throw.

Of course not their coach is in his second season.

Last years CU that got off to the hot start and then the wheels fell off when they blew it vs Stanford isn't an awful comparison.
Funny you should mention Colorado. Elic Ayomanor had 294 yards receiving in the second half against CU last year.

At least we defended him better than that.

Tell that to bill obrien at bc

We can reload yearly w the portal. The false narrative of rebuild is over.

I think this is a 7 or 8 win team and thought it since I saw the revolving door of recruits coming in. These seasons always come down to the middle class wins vs the ACC rank and file. BC NC State et al

Win those and 8 plus wins is in play.

I have faith

…have spent the last 48 hours contemplating what they want this season to be. From Fran all the way down.

It was abundantly clear that the staff completely failed to prepare the team for Friday night. And it was also clear that the players didn’t take it seriously until it was way too late.

There’s only two gimmes remaining on the schedule. If we coach and play like we did Friday night, we could easily lose any of the other 7 games.

This was a 6 win team last season. This ain’t a rebuild. Everyone from Fran down needs to decide just how focused they want to be from here on out.

Pull off an upset or two and this can still be a special season.
Agreed. People acting like, "7 wins would be a success" are crazy in my opinion. This team was a bad play away from winning 7 games last year. On the talent side of the ball, we lost very little and (we thought) upgraded at almost every position. Our SOS isn't exactly murderers row. Call me crazy, but I'll be disappointed with anything less than 9 wins. Friday should have been one of them.

the Specials and turnover key plays went against us 2 games and we won one of them.

Need to play a bit better and have them go our way a couple games later this season.

I think this is a 7 or 8 win team and thought it since I saw the revolving door of recruits coming in. These seasons always come down to the middle class wins vs the ACC rank and file. BC NC State et al

I have faith
I agree - Dino fans always cited a rebuild taking years, and though I like Fran, I'm not changing my tune that this isn't a total rebuild and his recruiting chops in portal should speed it up even faster. The only unknown at this point is can he and the team coach - against Ga Tech it looked like yes, against Stanford it didn't. How they grow on game day will tell the tale - BC doesn't have that worry - BOB can coach.

I have faith
I'm waiting on how we handle @UNLV

I expect we'll be a 3 pt underdog

These type of G5 vs P4 games usually give the emotional edge to the G5 team. Cuse is in a precarious position. A loss would be devastating.

Agree. We're going to learn a lot from the UNLV game.
BUT SLUKA CANT PASS! He either stinks or this game is tough. People can't seem to make up their mind. I personally think we beat UNLV big. 4-1 going into the meat.

We're Syracuse University with the best throwing qb we've had since the Clinton administration. College football is about quarterbacking and blocking. If we get both we'll win games.

If McCord can stay upright we're gonna win some games. I really like Fran's demeanor. The defense laid an egg but they showed moxy and the Dome felt early Pasqualoni level energy.

BUT SLUKA CANT PASS! He either stinks or this game is tough. People can't seem to make up their mind. I personally think we beat UNLV big. 4-1 going into the meat.

We're Syracuse University with the best throwing qb we've had since the Clinton administration. College football is about quarterbacking and blocking. If we get both we'll win games.

If McCord can stay upright we're gonna win some games. I really like Fran's demeanor. The defense laid an egg but they showed moxy and the Dome felt early Pasqualoni level energy.

The defense gave up 19 points, and three were gift wrapped.

If our defense laid an egg what the heck did UNC do?

McCord missed some plays, that matters. I'm sure he sleeps with it, dude's a pro.

(not taking it out on you, but giving up 19 points should have us win every single time).

the empty possessions that had little to do with the D hurt. Some strange call groupings and a few bad throws. We are we throwing deep when we need first downs to establish rhythm?

This forum is going to have a collective meltdown if we lose against UNLV which will be wild as it's going to be a ranked opponent on the road.

Were there question marks about players going into the season? Sure. But there were also question marks about the staff.

Prior to SU, Fran had never been a head coach and, in fact, had only been a coordinator for one year. At Temple, and only a CO-DC at that. Robinson had one year as CO-DC under his belt.

So once you got past the "DART", "Northeast Tough", "Matt Foley van down by the river" motivational speaker stuff, there was always going to be a lot of on-the-job training with the guys at the top. It seemed inevitable that the lack of experience would raise its ugly head at an inopportune time. It seems inevitable that it probably will again.

And that's OK, as long as you realize that's the trade-off with a fairly inexperienced staff if you feel they are the answer longer term. Only time will tell. I try to be agnostic about a new coach and ignore the hype until he has accomplished something. The staff and team clearly have some potential. We will see where it takes us.

Were there question marks about players going into the season? Sure. But there were also question marks about the staff.

Prior to SU, Fran had never been a head coach and, in fact, had only been a coordinator for one year. At Temple, and only a CO-DC at that. Robinson had one year as CO-DC under his belt.

So once you got past the "DART", "Northeast Tough", "Matt Foley van down by the river" motivational speaker stuff, there was always going to be a lot of on-the-job training with the guys at the top. It seemed inevitable that the lack of experience would raise its ugly head at an inopportune time. It seems inevitable that it probably will again.

And that's OK, as long as you realize that's the trade-off with a fairly inexperienced staff if you feel they are the answer longer term. Only time will tell. I try to be agnostic about a new coach and ignore the hype until he has accomplished something. The staff and team clearly have some potential. We will see where it takes us.
^ A voice of reason. Like it or not, this was always going to be a process given the experience level of the staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom