I hope that everyone that left early tripped on the way out | Syracusefan.com

I hope that everyone that left early tripped on the way out

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Building was 20% full at the end; those that stayed saw an amazing finish. That was one of the best comebacks I've seen in some time. Those 2 catches by Chewbacca were ridiculous.

Flashbacks of the Preseason NIT game at Manley where once we got to OT, everyone who had already run out was pleading to get back in.

GREAT Win, with lessons for the team and fanbase.

Building was 20% full at the end; those that stayed saw an amazing finish. That was one of the best comebacks I've seen in some time. Those 2 catches by Chewbacca were ridiculous.

There was more than 20%. I would say closer to 40%. Still no excuse for leaving...

It was sad to see the crowd disappear as the game got better, and then the win. I am however very impressed with the student section tonight!

Poliquin better write about this tomorrow. People missed a great game at the end.

It was sad to see the crowd disappear as the game got better, and then the win. I am however very impressed with the student section tonight!
Considering that we play better on the road, maybe it's better for the team's performance when the SU fans aren't there in large numbers.

That is exactly why you don't leave before the end of a game.

Place was depleted but those who were there got pretty loud. We may not get huge crouds but if the ones we have are loud then we're in good shape.

I have to say, when AB fumbled, the mass exodus began. I knew there was too much time left on the clock, and the Decons looked fatigued. I knew we had a chance, even if it were a small one. I was also impressed with the student section, and section 309...craziness. Glad I stayed until the end, they showed a lot of heart tonight, and this is a experience they can defineately learn from.

On a side note though, did it strike anyone odd that there were more Cuse players dropping from cramps than WF? Didn't know what to quite make of it.:noidea:

a perfect example of why you never leave early!! the only syracuse i ever left early was the penn st debacle in 2008. and i waited until the middle of the 4th q to leave. this game was crazy.. still don't have any idea how they came back to win

There was more than 20%. I would say closer to 40%. Still no excuse for leaving...

This is why we aren't getting the 5 star kids, like the one from Rochester. Our fans are too quick to give up. Other coaches point that stuff out.

I have to say, when AB fumbled, the mass exodus began. I knew there was too much time left on the clock, and the Decons looked fatigued. I knew we had a chance, even if it were a small one. I was also impressed with the student section, and section 309...craziness. Glad I stayed until the end, they showed a lot of heart tonight, and this is a experience they can defineately learn from.

On a side note though, did it strike anyone odd that there were more Cuse players dropping from cramps than WF? Didn't know what to quite make of it.:noidea:

The staff needs to stock pickle juice in the locker room for a pre game toast. ;)

It amazes me that so called fans in this town would leave a football game with the Cuse 15 points. I was glad to see a large student section tonight with some students sitting in the 3rd level. I only wish they would have stayed until the end because it was on of the best comebacks ever. I'm glad I took tomorrow off from work because its going to take me until 3:00 a.m. to get to sleep. What a great way to start the season !!!!!!

I noticed that the Wake Forest sideline had like 5 or 6 fans on it and it looked like our sideline had zero...What?? It was HOT in the dome tonight, how could we not have fans on our sideline??

I noticed that the Wake Forest sideline had like 5 or 6 fans on it and it looked like our sideline had zero...What?? It was HOT in the dome tonight, how could we not have fans on our sideline??

I noticed that as well. You could really tell in the 4th that the kids from Wake were tired, They really looked spent.

The 20,000 in the Dome made a hell of a noise when Bailey went for that TD.

Probably startled the 20,000 losers that were already home, raking the leaves.

Leaving early is usually not cool. Leaving with time and down only 2 scores is indefensible. Maybe this will be a lesson to those less seasoned fans. Props to those who that stayed and witnessed a true Dome classic.

This is why we aren't getting the 5 star kids, like the one from Rochester. Our fans are too quick to give up. Other coaches point that stuff out.

Now its taking this a little to far. This is why we aren't getting 5 star kids? Because 50 year old Frank in Sec 212 leaves the game early? Has nothing to do with a decade of losing?? Please!

I can't wait for more lame excuses on the reasons they left or for those who didn't bother to show up at all.

I sound like the Godfather right now, my throat is shot but I have 9 days to rest up!

Now its taking this a little to far. This is why we aren't getting 5 star kids? Because 50 year old Frank in Sec 212 leaves the game early? Has nothing to do with a decade of losing?? Please!

Actually, many of us have talked to a Syracuse beat writer who told us this EXACTLY a couple days ago. I agree, it sounds absurd, but yes, that is why we aren't landing some top recruits according to him.

Actually, many of us have talked to a Syracuse beat writer who told us this EXACTLY a couple days ago. I agree, it sounds absurd, but yes, that is why we aren't landing some top recruits according to him.
Then the beat writer is clueless as well if he really believes that. No 18 year old kid is picking a school based on if the fans leave the games early!

We have not been losing for a decade, it only seems that way.

Then the beat writer is clueless as well if he really believes that. No 18 year old kid is picking a school based on if the fans leave the games early![/quote

Lol, Stern, my bad. I wasn't referring to the leaving early part. I was talking about overall attendance and fan support really hurting recruiting

Ahhhhhhhh, Well low attendance I could see being a factor on some level. But ya know what it comes down to 2 BIG factors at the end of the day. 1) WINNING and 2) SENDING PLAYERS TO THE NFL. Period! End of debate.

Us on this board can go back and forth till we are blue in the face. Good fan, bad fan, I stayed till the end, you didn't...it doesn't matter. We can sit here 365 days a year and cry from the roof-tops that we gotta pack the dome to grow the program and attract better players. But bottom line, win games and get some guys holding up a jersey standing next to Goodell on ESPN in April and thats when the players will start to come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom