I knew I had this somewhere | Syracusefan.com

I knew I had this somewhere

cuseguy

Living Legend
u6atu7em.jpg

They passed this out to fans after SU's win over Clemson in the Gator Bowl in 1996. Even then, if you notice, they thought Clemson would win.

We still had the Saltine Warrior in 1996?

We still had the Saltine Warrior in 1996?

Ya know, never really noticed that. Probably the only logo the folks in Florida could find.

I think I have my '96 Gator Bowl hat somewhere... if I find it, I'll be the one sporting it at the tailgate!

I think I have my '96 Gator Bowl hat somewhere... if I find it, I'll be the one sporting it at the tailgate!

I found a Gator Bowl hat and plastic glass as well.

I found a Gator Bowl hat and plastic glass as well.
My parents went and I had to watch the game on tv.. I was all of 14 for that game and have held it against my parents ever since.;)

u6atu7em.jpg

They passed this out to fans after SU's win over Clemson in the Gator Bowl in 1996. Even then, if you notice, they thought Clemson would win.

One of my favorite SU games ever. Played golf all week down there, drank a lot and then enjoyed the game fully with my extended family despite the drizzling rain. Maybe it was the score, maybe it was the alcohol but I barely noticed the rain and actually kind of enjoyed it. I just remember looking out at all the talented young players we had thinking "holy cr@p, these guys are here for a few more years." Darius really stood out in that game, as did some guy who wore #5. I came back home and had a second date with the now Mrs. Warrior and life has not been the same since. It is possible that my single days basically "jumped the shark" down in Jacksonville that week.

Now all I have are those Gator Bowl plastic cups from the stadium and foggy memories. Lets hope we can shock the Tigers again.

u6atu7em.jpg

I definitely remember those. That game was miserable. My roommate and I used our credit cards to charge our way down to the game and sat in the rain to see Clemson's horrible performance. I hope I don't see anything resembling that this Saturday.

I definitely remember those. That game was miserable. My roommate and I used our credit cards to charge our way down to the game and sat in the rain to see Clemson's horrible performance. I hope I don't see anything resembling that this Saturday.
I reeeeeally hope you do. But I'm about 99% sure you won't. Not that we can't win if we play our best, but there's no chance in hell we would be able to put up a score like that, particularly when you've got guys like Boyd and Watkins. Shutting out that offense seems like a next to impossible task.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom