I like our chances... | Syracusefan.com

I like our chances...

Cuse House

All American
For some reason I have a good feeling about this team winning enough games to get into the tournament and potentially winning a game or two. I understand that we blew a 20 point lead against VT in our last game and that our record isn't where it should be, however, I have seen a lot of improvements these past few games, especially on offense (excluding VT second half).

Our spacing on the court the first 8 to 10 games was flat out awful and I think it has been vastly improved due to G and Cooney finally hitting jumpers more consistantly. Which brings me to my next point, Rak! What an animal he has been all year, lately though, I have noticed how easily it has seemed for him which is mainly due to the spacing improving and giving him more room to operate. The guards have also done a much better job at entering the ball down low (once again exclude the VT second half).

Roberson has emerged as an 8-10 ppg type of guy who can get 10 rebounds at any time and Patterson has really showed me a lot lately as well besides the poor shooting. Chris has showed that he can be a double digits guy, we just need consistancy at a better clip from him. This team lacks consistancy at this point but they've shown that they can play at a high level. After that first half vs VT I was on cloud nine because they showed a glimpse of what they are capable of when they play well.

I always have realistic expectations as a fan, I am not saying elite 8 or final 4, that would be asinine, but I would bet that JAB and this Cuse team will make it. It will take their best effort and for this improvement from key guys to continue as well as Chris to reemerge but I think we are a totally different team from a month ago. We need to take it one game at a time and win these early games in the league to give us some cushion for the last slate of games. Let's get it done gentleman, you are good enough to sneak up on people. Go Cuse!

you have to truly be bad to not get into the tourney with the added teams.

There are something like 347 teams eligible to make the tourney, and probably 15 that get in by winning their conference or conference tourney would not otherwise be invited. Seems like a petty select group.

If we make some shots and if Roberson continues to play well then we will make the tournament. The wild card for me is CM. If we can finally play to his full potential we are could be more than a sweet 16 team...We'll see.

For today, let's get the win against GT...

"for some reason i have a good feeling about this team winning enough games to get in the tournament and maybe win a game or 2"

:bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

With the way our recruiting was rolling, I didnt see any season in the near future that I would ever have to look at a pathetic quote like that (not saying cuse house is pathetic for saying it - we were just on fire the last 6 yrs. we weren't talking about a bid, we were talking about 1 or 2 or 3 seed)

Anyway, gotta get a W tonight.

There are something like 347 teams eligible to make the tourney, and probably 15 that get in by winning their conference or conference tourney would not otherwise be invited. Seems like a petty select group.

It's not as select as it would appear. Really, the bottom 200 or so teams have no chance of making the Tourney and it's clear from the start of their season. I'd guess that only about 120 or so teams are actually fighting for a spot.

"for some reason i have a good feeling about this team winning enough games to get in the tournament and maybe win a game or 2"

:bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

With the way our recruiting was rolling, I didnt see any season in the near future that I would ever have to look at a pathetic quote like that (not saying cuse house is pathetic for saying it - we were just on fire the last 6 yrs. we weren't talking about a bid, we were talking about 1 or 2 or 3 seed)

Anyway, gotta get a W tonight.
It does suck having to resort to this but we lost two players that were a huge part of the semi-success last season that coach didn't even recruit for because he thought they were staying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom