I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I like Wildhack a lot but the AD's office overall is clueless

Agree, if the Yankees approached Pitt with an offer, I think they would have done it. They never have a good attendance for SU games. Their fanbase cares about his "rivalry" about as little as ours does.

Too bad the two schools didn't play in Buffalo in 1923.
do we need to go back to the 20s and see where else we played games.. we might have more of these things coming up than we know.

columbia in 1927 was a thing.

To me it’s much todo about nothing, 35 year season ticket holder here. JW has a good reason for moving this game, he just doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that does things on a whim. I have no reason not to trust him, it may be for financial gain , there may be other factors. I know two people that are friends and from the tri-state area and they already plan to attend. When all is said and done SU will bring its 20 to 30 k like every game in NY city area. Yea , baseball stadiums suck in general for football, and SU could use the Dome advantage ( that for some reason never helps against Pitt ) Way overblown IMO but it’s off season and people don’t have the usual stuff to bitch about so I guess …. as you were.

And if you are lucky the Semis or Finals of the All Ireland are around the same time.
saw the final last time and it was splendid. My second home is the emerald isle. i'd love for the Orange to play over there. I wish the hoops team would be a bit more ambitious and figure out some sort of European tour.

Basically, if the deal was mainly about money, I get that. The University of Iowa got a $50 million loan from the university to help them get through Covid that they have to pay back over 15 years.

So if it's about money, fine. But just explain that, instead of talking about some 100 year anniversary that nobody cares about.

Yeah and how do be play to the attendance upswing? Give away a home game.

Not going to pat the football program on the back until we string together back to back winning seasons. 2022 was certainly encouraging.

Hoops attendance at Cuse has much much much more to do with team performance than national trends.
Call JW an idiot, or oblivious or whatever, but he knows simple numbers, and he isn’t dumb enough to move the game unless the pay day far outweighs anything an extra home game would’ve brought in.

Agreed

Most of us would have be fine with the Military Bowl this season.

The fact is the novelty wore off YS and it isn't a good bowl game and super expensive. If you aren't interested in running around Manhattan for a few days getting selected for the Pinstripe Bowl is not a desirable thing for CNYers.

We played in Yankee Stadium three times in 12 years. Giants Stadium another three? times in the fall. New York during Christmas seems popular.

For a second tier bowl game the kids went to the Stock Exchange, MSG, stuff like that. That's a pretty decent deal.

We lose games in Syracuse too. I don't get the point.

The point is a cuse fan is more inclined to drive 10 mins for a likely loss than 4 hours.

Basically, if the deal was mainly about money, I get that. The University of Iowa got a $50 million loan from the university to help them get through Covid that they have to pay back over 15 years.

So if it's about money, fine. But just explain that, instead of talking about some 100 year anniversary that nobody cares about.
Saying “it’s about money” doesn’t generate interest, no offense but if you can’t understand why that isn’t the message then posting takes on sports marketing might not be for you.

wish these neutral site sell away games were in Buffalo at least

I'll love it if we find out the game was moved because the Monsters of Rock are coming to Syracuse. That will be the greatest outcome.

Saying “it’s about money” doesn’t generate interest, no offense but if you can’t understand why that isn’t the message then posting takes on sports marketing might not be for you.
I can understand why that’s not the primary message but more communication if that’s an issue might be helpful. And I’ve read a lot of your work on the basketball board - posting sports takes might not be for you.

The point is a cuse fan is more inclined to drive 10 mins for a likely loss than 4 hours.

We have other fans.

And the conference, ACC, MONEY, it's just the way of the world.

If two B1G played a game there everyone would be screaming they're geniuses.

To me it’s much todo about nothing, 35 year season ticket holder here. JW has a good reason for moving this game, he just doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that does things on a whim. I have no reason not to trust him, it may be for financial gain , there may be other factors. I know two people that are friends and from the tri-state area and they already plan to attend. When all is said and done SU will bring its 20 to 30 k like every game in NY city area. Yea , baseball stadiums suck in general for football, and SU could use the Dome advantage ( that for some reason never helps against Pitt ) Way overblown IMO but it’s off season and people don’t have the usual stuff to bitch about so I guess …. as you were.

I have no issue with the game in isolation. My issue is playing the Pinstripe last season and potentially playing UConn there next season. That would make 3 games in 21 months at a horrible stadium for football.

We have other fans.

And the conference, ACC, MONEY, it's just the way of the world.

If two B1G played a game there everyone would be screaming they're geniuses.
Those two B1G’s are either Rutgers, who lives across the river or two schools that have much more recent program success.

I just feel like the program lowers the ceiling on itself sometimes when it comes to local support and leveraging the improved dome.

If Tom buys two Springsteen tickets (as a pure hypothetical), his two hours and forty minutes in the same spot will cost that much.
At least 3.5 for the boss. Don’t sell
Him short. I’ve been to a few of the 4 hour ones too….

how many games have been played there, honestly? Like 3?

The whole thing is stupid and nobody cares.
Irrelevant. If Pitt played Army in their first game, SU wouldn't even be involved.

We played in Yankee Stadium three times in 12 years. Giants Stadium another three? times in the fall. New York during Christmas seems popular.

For a second tier bowl game the kids went to the Stock Exchange, MSG, stuff like that. That's a pretty decent deal.

I understand some love NYC any chance they can get. However for those coming in from outside the NYC metro it is a major expense.

1. I get the 100 year thing but this isn't the same stadium. So it is kinda dumb.

2. Both SU and the Yankees knew about this game before we were chosen to go to the Pinstripe. So it seems odd for both parties to want us in the Pinstripe.
1. Using this logic, the Yankees should only have Monument Park for players from 2009 on.

2. I don't know what goes into the process of deciding who goes to what bowl other than conference affiliation. When SU didn't want to go to Fenway due to finals, maybe that limited the options.

I understand some love NYC any chance they can get. However for those coming in from outside the NYC metro it is a major expense.

So's going to Miami or anywhere else good (if we get good enough). At least we have a sizable group of people that just drive from their homes for that one.

Part of the reason why we played NYC games under TGD was to show the B1G and ACC how relevant we were in NYC. Maybe these games at Yankee Stadium are a prelude to joining the B1G.

1. Using this logic, the Yankees should only have Monument Park for players from 2009 on.

2. I don't know what goes into the process of deciding who goes to what bowl other than conference affiliation. When SU didn't want to go to Fenway due to finals, maybe that limited the options.

No it is still the Yankees. The history of the TEAM. Our game is celebrating the history of the STADIUM, which no longer exists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom