i need to vent | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i need to vent

Not sure we have the talent to be 5-0.
Maybe not, but it's not like we've had a barnburner schedule either.

Lehigh
Colgate
Northeastern
Richmond
St. Johns

5-0 should be doable. 4-1 should be a given. There is not one team in there I would concede a game to with our talent. St. Johns is the only team that should've even been a fight.

Maybe not, but it's not like we've had a barnburner schedule either.

Lehigh
Colgate
Northeastern
Richmond
St. Johns

5-0 should be doable. 4-1 should be a given. There is not one team in there I would concede a game to with our talent. St. Johns is the only team that should've even been a fight.
Not going to get a debate this.

we had a chance to steal the game at the end of regulation, and the best boeheim can come up with is inbounding it to edwards, who dribbles into the corner with nowhere to go, passes to torrence who shoots a contested corner fadeway that had less than a 1% chance of going in. knew the game was over there.

all jb had to do was screen mintz’s defender on the inbounds to free him up. you had the entire freaking backcourt to throw him the ball. boeheim sux man. so done with him and watching this same bs for almost a decade now. our regular seasons SUCK!!! bubble team or not even good enough to be on the bubble. What happened to us??? this is the least ive EVER been excited about a syracuse basketball season. and it sucks. syracuse games were a great thing to look forward to during the cold dark winters. but those days are gone until something changes.
100% agree. Program expectations used to be top 25 and championship or bust. Now it's fingers crossed we're on the right side of the bubble. I agree, they looked much better these last 2 games compared to Colgate. I also don't give a crap. It's amazing how far the program has fallen where we are applauding a good effort against St. John's and how great we played in an OT win against Gonza...I mean Richmond. New year, same stuff. It sucks too because Mintz is the real deal and he'll probably bounce.

Just heard that this AM, missed that in the presser

didn't even want to bring it up here knowing the response (even though correct)

INSANE. Those are my thoughts. Insane.
Couldn’t agree more. Sounds like JB wanted Joe to in bound it to Benny.

Judah was the decoy sadly

Couldn’t agree more. Sounds like JB wanted Joe to in bound it to Benny.

Judah was the decoy sadly

Here was the spot in the presser. So knowing this and watching the play back.

What in the hell was Joe doing. I'm speechless

Flash Jesse and feed it back to Mintz in the open court. JB does no cutting to the basket.
Even worse.
The final shot was Symir trying to get a look and 4 guys standing around.
Yes, it was a busted play when Mintz fell down.
But how about someone trying to get open?
A cut...a screen...anything?

we had a chance to steal the game at the end of regulation, and the best boeheim can come up with is inbounding it to edwards, who dribbles into the corner with nowhere to go, passes to torrence who shoots a contested corner fadeway that had less than a 1% chance of going in. knew the game was over there.

all jb had to do was screen mintz’s defender on the inbounds to free him up. you had the entire freaking backcourt to throw him the ball. boeheim sux man. so done with him and watching this same bs for almost a decade now. our regular seasons SUCK!!! bubble team or not even good enough to be on the bubble. What happened to us??? this is the least ive EVER been excited about a syracuse basketball season. and it sucks. syracuse games were a great thing to look forward to during the cold dark winters. but those days are gone until something changes.
Mintz was available. That was on the inbounder (Joe?). The pass would have been backwards, so that may be why he didn’t throw it. Also, Judah didn’t move, then he got cut block out of the play after the throw in.

Even worse.
The final shot was Symir trying to get a look and 4 guys standing around.
Yes, it was a busted play when Mintz fell down.
But how about someone trying to get open?
A cut...a screen...anything?
Mintz wasnt the target. It was supposed to go to Jesse as planned. Then Joe didnt get the ball back.

At any rate, the play clearly broke down and the players didn’t respond particularly well. I have a lot of issues with Boeheim, but I think that play was mostly on the players.
They looked like they had no idea what to do when SJU schemed a defense to take away Judah and Jesse. Not fair!

Mintz wasnt the target. It was supposed to go to Jesse as planned. Then Joe didnt get the ball back.
That's ok.
But with Mintz on the ground he's hardly a decoy.

What's distressing is the quote with "9 seconds you can't do a lot."
With some teams that's an eternity.
(And it really was 11 seconds).
You could inbounds to Jesse...have him screen and handoff then roll to the post to tie up Soriano.
Judah or Symir could drive and dish or shoot.

They had plenty of time to run something.
Anything but Symir tossing up a fade away prayer with 4 guys standing around.

That's ok.

You could inbounds to Jesse...have him screen and handoff then roll to the post to tie up Soriano.

or the guy who was 1-11 (or whatever he was at the time) taking the last shot vs going to the hole and maybe getting a foul call

That's ok.

I just…. (sigh)

whatever was drawn up was blown up the second Joe inbounded the ball to Jesse. That wasn't supposed to happen.

We've struggled to inbound the ball for 30+ years. I would just like to see an inbounds play.
We have struggled inbounding the ball under pressure for 45 years. Other teams don't. We have no play. This will never be fixed under JB. It's one of his trademarks.

They looked like they had no idea what to do when SJU schemed a defense to take away Judah and Jesse. Not fair!
They didn’t even do anything to take Judah away on the play. Joe just didn’t pass him the ball when he was open. Weird stuff.

i was kinda hopeful 6 frosh and some early promises by the coach might lead to a different brand of ball. not seeing it. still zone D. still one pass ISO ball .still ironman minutes. just admit to yourself that st.john's up tempo , full pressure , share the ball style is funner to watch than syracuse's dinosaur crawl ball.
i look forward to watching the young players we have progress. just hoped it'd be in a different system.

Last edited:
We have struggled inbounding the ball under pressure for 45 years. Other teams don't. We have no play. This will never be fixed under JB. It's one of his trademarks.

I agree.

Had we been able to inbound the ball we would've been able to run the play that he drew up.

Had we been able to inbound the ball we would've been able to run the play that he drew up.
Jesse was supposed to get the ball on the inbound per the clip above, not Judah. The inbound went as expected...again, per JB

or the guy who was 1-11 (or whatever he was at the time) taking the last shot vs going to the hole and maybe getting a foul call
This 100%. Jesse (or anyone else) should have driven to the basket. It is super likely that the St. John's coaches told their players something to the effect of, "Just don't foul!" We just needed one friggin point and we had 11 seconds.

Jesse was supposed to get the ball on the inbound per the clip above, not Judah. The inbound went as expected...again, per JB
What was Jesse going to do with the ball so far from the rim? A guaranteed disaster. And apparently Symir was sent in to replace Bell (a legit shooter) for what? Symir can't shoot a lick. So of course he ends up with the last shot. Great plan.

Joe could've passed to Judah, but I suspect a little turf war going on there. God help us if the play was designed for Joe...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom