I think its time for a discussion | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

you fix the oline and lot of the issues go away.. the D is fine just young.

This is about waaaaay more than the oline. Every team has injuries, this is about scheme and playcalling and the lack of development at wr, dl, and yes, the oline. We love the turnovers on D and he has done a nice job recruiting the secondary. The 3-3-5 is still a question mark and it isn't just about youth. Alot of the missed tackles were at the second level already 4-5 yard plays. Teams are routinely running us over and dbs are out of position. Sure, we got tired on D today, but back to dino and staff for the lack of depth in year 5. For some reason dino has seemed to have lost his juice and edge.

Dino is not going anywhere. Just signed an extension a year ago; he’s here for the long haul. he has messed up in recruiting, especially on offensive side with some pretty big misses. The ‘21 class looks like his best class yet so that leaves some room for hope and optimism.

This year doesn’t really count anyway. Everyone preserves a year of eligibility. Only reason it’s being played is for TV money. No spring practice, shortened fall camp, weird schedule— he gets a pass this year.
Everyone is playing under the same set of circumstances. I'm seeing other programs playing better football.

I feel like Dino may have over played his hand after the 10 win season. They gave him a contract extension and met a lot of his demands. He needs to at least be .500

you mean the same board that axed P after a .500 season and did all they could to push Marrone out?

that board of trustees? their judgement is obviously impeccable

Do we know whose calling plays on offense?
That needs to be figured out because it’s awful. If it’s Dino he needs to give it up.

also, we started the year with good tackling and then after the bye week we went back to how we had been tackling in the last couple years, high and at the shoulders and only to rip balls away.

That needs to be cleaned up ASAP or teams will continue to run it down our throats.

you mean the same board that axed P after a .500 season and did all they could to push Marrone out?

Which was a mistake. I'd kill for a 500 season right now. This year has 2 and 9 or 3 and 8 written all over it coming off a 4 and 8 season.

Everyone is playing under the same set of circumstances. I'm seeing other programs playing better football.

you really think SU started from the same spot as every other program?

thinking all this is in a vacuum or of the same effect to every program is incredibly simple minded

you really think SU started from the same spot as every other program?

thinking all this is in a vacuum or of the same effect to every program is incredibly simple minded
Of course not. But there are teams in the same boat as us playing better. Losing at UNC and Pitt is one thing. What happened today there is nothing that can excuse it. This is one of the lowest moments in our program.

That needs to be figured out because it’s awful. If it’s Dino he needs to give it up.

also, we started the year with good tackling and then after the bye week we went back to how we had been tackling in the last couple years, high and at the shoulders and only to rip balls away.

That needs to be cleaned up ASAP or teams will continue to run it down our throats.

Mike Martz of the 99 Rams couldn’t scheme this offense to success. Horrible Oline, a galacticly bad QB on 3rd/4th down and WR that couldn’t catch a cold.

True. I remember watching that bowl game and could tell Gross wanted P gone in his on-air interview. P never should have been fired that year. I wish they gave Marrone more to work with as well

Is it the play calling or the execution or lack there of, of the play? For example is the primary call mid range pass, but it is missed and then the long bomb is sent.

I don’t know.

Duke is one of the toughest places in the country to win at. Small private bball school that is impossible to get kids into with bad facilities and no history. If your happy with being Duke that's pretty sad.
Hold on... Duke stinks...and they whipped us

Is it the play calling or the execution or lack there of, of the play? For example is the primary call mid range pass, but it is missed and then the long bomb is sent.

I don’t know.

when every third down is running a pass with 4 vertical routes...which are low %plays its play calling

Not the same chancellor and not the same Trustees.

well if that story is true, the institutional judgement doesn’t seem to have improved

you mean tex and ok who both could be sitting on 3 losses