I think its time for a discussion | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

Duke is one of the toughest places in the country to win at. Small private bball school that is impossible to get kids into with bad facilities and no history. If your happy with being Duke that's pretty sad.
The Cutcliffe years:

2008 4-8
2009 5-7
2010 3-9
2011 3-9
2012 6-7
2013 10-4
2014 9-4
2015 8-5
2016 4-8
2017 7-6
2018 8-5
2019 5-7

I'm sure that there are many on here that would be happy to be Duke.

Have you been to any legit CFB games I'm not trying to be a but have you been to any SEC games or ND OSU etc, the dome having lights and a scoreboard isn't going to get top guys here, he's had 5 years to recruit every single player on the team is his, he screwed up in recruiting and then developing the players, DB came in with a gimmick and we can't even do that anymore.
The way we have played I wish there was no scoreboard.

Seems like he played it great from his perspective.
Plus if I remember correctly no big jobs were open after the 2018 season, I don't even mean top programs, an avg BIG 10/12 wasnt even open, I think louisville was his best option and their was no way they would hire him, whoever his agent is did a tremoundous job

I thought for sure we’d have no trouble bringing in good QBs and WRs. So wrong. The only good WRs we’ve gotten were 2 transfers, and we haven’t gotten any good QBs. Kinda shocked, really.

Devito is at least a D1 QB, outside of Taj where the hell are the WRs. We looked like Army or Navy passing the ball out there. That is 100% on Dino, the Skill position recruiting has been abysmal.

The Cutcliffe years:

2008 4-8
2009 5-7
2010 3-9
2011 3-9
2012 6-7
2013 10-4
2014 9-4
2015 8-5
2016 4-8
2017 7-6
2018 8-5
2019 5-7

I'm sure that there are many on here that would be happy to be Duke.
Cutcliffe has done a masterful job at Duke. Some of you aren't grasping how tough it is to win there. We should never be comparing ourselves with them. We have a history of a national title a heisman trophy winner orange bowls fiesta bowls sugar bowls what have they won? We have the dome they have a little fcs stadium with a track around it.

I wanna give him a shot with a new QB room. We see a lot of good young defensive talent. The RBs on the roster seem to be an upgrade over anything we've had in a decade or more. This incoming class seems to be addressing a bunch of other weaknesses we have been complaining about.

I wanna give him enough time to see if the issues we see now get fixed, at least 2 years after this one. No coach is coming in to SU and providing a fast turnaround. There was a thread a couple weeks ago about coaches that took a while to get things going and I think that kind of patience is prudent. Schools that aren't factories that constantly change coaches always suck.

Cutcliffe has done a masterful job at Duke. Some of you aren't grasping how tough it is to win there. We should never be comparing ourselves with them. We have a history of a national title a heisman trophy winner orange bowls fiesta bowls sugar bowls what have they won? We have the dome they have a little fcs stadium with a track around it.

20 years ago we should've never been comparing to Duke but a lot's changed since then

This conversation won’t really be worth having until a year from now.

Today sucked. Badly. Horrifically.

There’s a lot to fix. Almost everything really, besides ball hawking.

It’s all very disappointing. But Dino’s the guy who’s gotta figure it out.

duke has a hude advantage like stanford in that level of kid they can go after..

The D is not fine. The defensive line gets abused and our linebackers can’t tackle.
We have the athletes we don't have the big boys, two options recruit and develop them or get them from the portal, we haven't been able to do option A maybe just maybe they could try something else

This conversation won’t really be worth having until a year from now.

Today sucked. Badly. Horrifically.

There’s a lot to fix. Almost everything really, besides ball hawking.

It’s all very disappointing. But Dino’s the guy who’s gotta figure it out.
Unless they don't win another game all year your right, I thought in about october last year we could be in for a long year or two, after last year I was thinking we'd prob miss a bowl but dino would've been going into year 6 and either start winning or he's gotta go, clearly he built it wrong the first time, he's gotta fix it or he's gonna be updating that resume shortly.

Look this team in year 5 under Babers just gave up nearly 700 yards to freeking Duke an 0-4 team thats been steam rolled by everyone with a pulse. To add to it our offense looks nothing like the offense from years 1 and 2 and instead looks like Rutgers. People need to wakeup this program and staff are in major trouble.

I wanna give him a shot with a new QB room. We see a lot of good young defensive talent. The RBs on the roster seem to be an upgrade over anything we've had in a decade or more. This incoming class seems to be addressing a bunch of other weaknesses we have been complaining about.

I wanna give him enough time to see if the issues we see now get fixed, at least 2 years after this one. No coach is coming in to SU and providing a fast turnaround. There was a thread a couple weeks ago about coaches that took a while to get things going and I think that kind of patience is prudent. Schools that aren't factories that constantly change coaches always suck.

Who's better than Moe Neal or Strickland?

Have you been to any legit CFB games I'm not trying to be a but have you been to any SEC games or ND OSU etc, the dome having lights and a scoreboard isn't going to get top guys here, he's had 5 years to recruit every single player on the team is his, he screwed up in recruiting and then developing the players, DB came in with a gimmick and we can't even do that anymore.

Yes, I have.

I have been to many college football venues.

And I have been to indoor NFL stadiums in Detroit, Minneapolis, Indy, Arizona, and Atlanta.

There are additional indoor venues in Houston, LA, and Dallas.

We offer a unique experience to a college football player.

I have no doubt that Dino will be fine.

Look this team in year 5 under Babers just gave up nearly 700 yards to freeking Duke an 0-4 team thats been steam rolled by everyone with a pulse. To add to it our offense looks nothing like the offense from years 1 and 2 and instead looks like Rutgers. People need to wakeup this program and staff are in major trouble.
That’s true, but lots of people are quite aware of how troubled the program is at the moment. There’s a difference between being aware, and calling for Dino’s head. Personally I don’t see how we’re near that right now. He’s got this year and next to get things back on track. If things look dire in November 2021, then it’s a different story.

And babers treated him like trash and resented him because he wasnt his guy, he won't hit the transfer portal for that reason also, DB needs to throw his ego out before we throw him out. Besides liberty who else are we beating, and liberty could come in here and win they'll be motivated and they have a good offense. Dino needs to win 3 games, I'm not on the fire him side and I think we'll win 3 games with a max of 4 but if liberty comes in and pulls the upset hes a lame duck, recruiting will be even worse and he'd only be here due to the contract
If we can't beat Liberty I don't know where another win is coming from.

Correct. Another 3-4 or less win season and this would be a fireable season if not for COVID

The things you mention that separate us from them are mostly irrelevant. The Heisman and NC were 60 years ago. If you go back far enough, Army, Harvard, and Yale all have more Heismans and national championships. Are they more relevant than us?

I think some aren't grasping how hard it is to win here. The talent in our region has never been Texas or Florida good and it's worse now than when Mac was rebuilding. Combine that with how much farther removed we have been from winning consistently, and it's tough to get talent here.