I think its time for a discussion | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

when every third down is running a pass with 4 vertical routes...which are low %plays its play calling
There are other plays where the shorter route is overlooked.

The worst thing Dino did today was the QB sneak.

We dropped passes, lots of them. Dropped what, 3 more INTs? Rough the kicker?

We have to play clean games. The plans themselves were fine. I gather Tucker got dinged.

I don't want to let Tony White get away but there is zero chance Mr ESPN can make a better hire than Dino going out on the open market.

We just need to hit reset on the WRs. Kick everyone out the door and get some transfers in. Devito fights 2 transfers for the starting job next Spring.

Bring me 7-8 new transfer wideouts and play whomever looks the best.

2/3 of Sommers/Markewitz/Morgan likely forced out if they don't show anything this year. Fair? No. But Rex is not good so they will get a look unless Tommy comes back after Clemson.

OL will be better with Bleich added to the mix and guys getting experience.

right now we have 4 oline men and a fb playing there.. next yr we hopefully have about 12 guys who can try to play.

when every third down is running a pass with 4 vertical routes...which are low %plays its play calling
But I agree when that happens it drives me crazy.

They are smoking Tech right now. They beat ou and tcu something Texas couldn't do. The Louisiana team they lost to would blow our doors off.

Lousiana vs Coastal Carolina this upcoming Wednesday (moved due to Hurricane and still TBD if it will be played at LLU or CCU) is going to be a GREAT game.

Coastal has brought the $$$ home so far this year big time.

Yes Duke stinks. They scored 6 points against a bc team that needed a miracle to beat Texas st. They lost by 18 to uva who got waxed at home by NC State. They lost at home to vt who was missing 21 players. Duke is dreadful.

Would you rather have Duke's last 7 seasons, or ours?

2013 10-4 Chick-fil-A Bowl-L
2014 9-4 Sun Bowl-L
2015 8-5 Pinstripe Bowl-W
2016 4-8
2017 7-6 Quick Lane Bowl-W
2018 8-5 Independence Bowl-W
2019 5-7

Would you rather have Duke's last 7 seasons, or ours?

2013 10-4 Chick-fil-A Bowl-L
2014 9-4 Sun Bowl-L
2015 8-5 Pinstripe Bowl-W
2016 4-8
2017 7-6 Quick Lane Bowl-W
2018 8-5 Independence Bowl-W
2019 5-7
Dukes by far but that doesn't change what they are this year. They are looking at a 2 or 3 win season this year and they came into the dome and had 600 plus yards of offense. Im not knocking cutcliffe he's done a great job but they are a bad football team this year.

Lousiana vs Coastal Carolina this upcoming Wednesday (moved due to Hurricane and still TBD if it will be played at LLU or CCU) is going to be a GREAT game.

Coastal has brought the $$$ home so far this year big time.
My co-worker son is on the coastal team. They have a nice team.

I don't want to let Tony White get away but there is zero chance Mr ESPN can make a better hire than Dino going out on the open market.

We just need to hit reset on the WRs. Kick everyone out the door and get some transfers in. Devito fights 2 transfers for the starting job next Spring.

Bring me 7-8 new transfer wideouts and play whomever looks the best.

2/3 of Sommers/Markewitz/Morgan likely forced out if they don't show anything this year. Fair? No. But Rex is not good so they will get a look unless Tommy comes back after Clemson.

OL will be better with Bleich added to the mix and guys getting experience.

you need to stop hitting the bath salts

About the future of one Dino Babers. I love the man personally but the results are not there. It's looking more and more likely he is about to have his 4th losing season in 5 years. What happened today is unacceptable. Duke is a dreadful football team and they looked like Clemson today.

I stand with Dino!

This is an anomalous season.

We need stability.

We need to give Coach Babers a chance to recruit with the new Dome and the enhanced facilities - next year’s class appears to be a reflection that the investment will work.

If I could point to one thing that was most disturbing to me today, it was the failure to call a time out on the failed 4th down QB sneak, organize and call an intelligent play. The entire population of Mongolia knew that stupid play was coming behind an OL that has been a major problem all year. Beyond idiotic.

The ongoing lack of clock/game management in year 5 is really really troubling to me. It screams amateur hour.

Agreed. I greatly preferred 2016-17 to 2019-20. I can live with being mediocre-bad but we can’t be boring too.
Exactly, we know were going to loose and how, 2016-2017 was way more exciting I went to the games excited to see what would happen and watch what I found at least exciting, these teams not only suck but are so boring, it's like we don't even have guys where we put the ball in their hand and they do something, dino needs to turn it around fast

This game honestly gave me the same feelings that Shafer vs. Villanova did. Just feels like bad signs all around—I hope I’m wrong. Losing to an 0-4 team after a bye should be unacceptable.

It has never sat well with me that Babers had these hugely viral motivational speeches and didn’t really capitalize on them. Yes, recruiting has improved, but not by much. That got me thinking (throwing a crazy idea out here), but maybe he’s only good at motivating after a win. Maybe the good home record is a product of motivating fans and not motivating staff. Note there were no fans at this should-have-won game. Babers doesn’t really seem to have the preseason feel-good stories that Shafer and Marrone had. You know what I mean? I have no connection to the team, so again, just a crazy idea I’m throwing out there.

The Syracuse climate excuses are lame. Take the team to do fun snow related stuff and make a viral video on that.

The Covid season excuses are lame.

And we should have a yearly Dungey Heart Award, ’cause it’s becoming clear that that dude won Babers a lot of games.

Fin

I stand with Dino!

This is an anomalous season.

We need stability.

We need to give Coach Babers a chance to recruit with the new Dome and the enhanced facilities - next year’s class appears to be a reflection that the investment will work.
Have you been to any legit CFB games I'm not trying to be a but have you been to any SEC games or ND OSU etc, the dome having lights and a scoreboard isn't going to get top guys here, he's had 5 years to recruit every single player on the team is his, he screwed up in recruiting and then developing the players, DB came in with a gimmick and we can't even do that anymore.

Exactly, we know were going to loose and how, 2016-2017 was way more exciting I went to the games excited to see what would happen and watch what I found at least exciting, these teams not only suck but are so boring, it's like we don't even have guys where we put the ball in their hand and they do something, dino needs to turn it around fast

Yup. And we pulled a huge upset in both ‘16 and ‘17.

Hate to say it, but last year and this year we don’t look any different than we did in 2014-15 - Shafer years where our offense was pathetic, the games were boring, and we looked pretty hapless and hopeless out there. We gotta at least get the offense humming in the next couple years. This right now is brutal.

This game honestly gave me the same feelings that Shafer vs. Villanova did. Just feels like bad signs all around—I hope I’m wrong. Losing to an 0-4 team after a bye should be unacceptable.

It has never sat well with me that Babers had these hugely viral motivational speeches and didn’t really capitalize on them. Yes, recruiting has improved, but not by much. That got me thinking (throwing a crazy idea out here), but maybe he’s only good at motivating after a win. Maybe the good home record is a product of motivating fans and not motivating staff. Note there were no fans at this should-have-won game. Babers doesn’t really seem to have the preseason feel-good stories that Shafer and Marrone had. You know what I mean? I have no connection to the team, so again, just a crazy idea I’m throwing out there.

The Syracuse climate excuses are lame. Take the team to do fun snow related stuff and make a viral video on that.

And we should have a yearly Dungey Heart Award, ’cause it’s becoming clear that that dude won Babers a lot of games.

Fin

Our recruiting issues are not about climate, it’s about Upstate NY being a wasteland for high school football.

Fin
And babers treated him like trash and resented him because he wasnt his guy, he won't hit the transfer portal for that reason also, DB needs to throw his ego out before we throw him out. Besides liberty who else are we beating, and liberty could come in here and win they'll be motivated and they have a good offense. Dino needs to win 3 games, I'm not on the fire him side and I think we'll win 3 games with a max of 4 but if liberty comes in and pulls the upset hes a lame duck, recruiting will be even worse and he'd only be here due to the contract