I think its time for a discussion | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

I don't think it will be either to be honest. All I'm saying is there are financial considerations that I don't think any of us have the full picture of that ADJW will have to consider in the decision. It's honestly not meant to be a controversial take.
I know. I’m not trying to argue. He will most likely be back strictly due to financial reasons. But when we are legitimately one of the worst P5 teams it’s a discussion that needs to happen. Some of the big boosters that want him out may have to write up some big checks..

I know. I’m not trying to argue. He will most likely be back strictly due to financial reasons. But when we are legitimately one of the worst P5 teams it’s a discussion that needs to happen. Some of the big boosters that want him out may have to write up some big checks..

I agree it needs to be a consideration. If it was strictly a football decision, I would make the change because I honestly don't see how next year will improve THAT much.

I have no idea how they're going to get people that don't post on this board to the games
Yeah hence my sarcasm above. It’s not a throwaway year from that standpoint.

we can’t underestimate how football ignorant most people are who go to games. They see final scores.

You have to give at least 2 of those wins to Dino because we won them with TD. Let's call that 2-1 (given Notre Dame). It'd be Babers 15-24,
That is fair.

I agree it needs to be a consideration. If it was strictly a football decision, I would make the change because I honestly don't see how next year will improve THAT much.
It won’t improve that much next year but you have to think of where we will be in 3 years under a new guy or 3 years under Dino.

Lastly, I hate that we're even having this conversation because Black coaches usually get one shot at a high level and that's it if they fail, but you can't look past this. He'll probably be back next season under a sizzling seat. If he can't make a bowl, you cut ties and blow it up.

We are going to lose so much talent in this offseason to the transfer portal it’s not going to be good.

keeping Dino could cost you money with fans in the stands...

Im actually thinking of asking for a refund on my tickets for next season if they keep Dino. I can’t justify spending weekends watching this team and the money that goes with it

Man, I am almost ashamed to admit that I agree with you.:(

From what we are seeing we are getting worse every year. If you have no offense or defense in year 5. How can you believe things will turn around?
I don’t think it’s going to improve under Dino. I wasn’t trying to say I think it’ll turn around. I was trying to say we’d be better of making the change sooner than later

Can’t part with Dino unless there’s a candidate out there that makes sense. Can’t pull a cantor and just fire him without a plan.

the problem is that people will see this program as a place where coaching dreams come to die. only a no-name with nothing to lose would consider this gig at this point.

Can’t part with Dino unless there’s a candidate out there that makes sense. Can’t pull a cantor and just fire him without a plan.

the problem is that people will see this program as a place where coaching dreams come to die. only a no-name with nothing to lose would consider this gig at this point.
Eddie O wanted the job (obviously before LSU offered), I’m pretty (very) sure Addazio would take the job, Chip Kelly tried to get the job (before he went to Oregon).

We obviously aren’t a dream destination for most, but we still offer enough to generate real interest in promising coordinators and HC’s with northeast ties.

We are going to lose so much talent in this offseason to the transfer portal it’s not going to be good.

keeping Dino could cost you money with fans in the stands...

Im actually thinking of asking for a refund on my tickets for next season if they keep Dino. I can’t justify spending weekends watching this team and the money that goes with it

Hopefully the school can find the $200 to make up for it.

Dino is not going to get the boots!! It’s not going to happen!! SU can not afford it and he will be here till the end of his contact! This should be a locked thread to stop all the B!tching and moaning! Time for some people to just accept we are not good and have not been for 20 years! We have had a few good years tossed in there but the sun needs to shine on a dogs a$$ sometimes! I’m still a fan and always will be! I still will watch the game and yell at the team but at the end of the day it’s just football and I will always love football

You don't think there is a HC out there who can play fundamentally sound football and go 4-8 vs keeping Dino and going 2-10 with no talent and undisciplined football?
Hire the offensive quality control coach for McVay or Shannahan... Then just surround him with recruiters & a good OLine coach... PLENTY of good football minds out there. The OC from LSU that went to CAR was quality control for Sean Payton. More teams should look to go down that path. Just hire a really good football mind & good things will follow. Our talent is bare as is... At least get someone in who can scheme players open and take advantage of run/pass packages out of play action.