I think its time for a discussion | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

I’m not going to talk about possible coaches but all I’ll say is Doug Marrone would never have lost a game like this.

He definitely doesn’t deserve it. Idk how anyone could make the argument he deserves it. He’ll most likely get it due to financial reasons. I’d be shocked to see him gone but this fan base will be very vocal about it when he gets brought back
This, in a year when revenue is way down, almost no chance he would get fired for a poor win/loss record. IMO

This, in a year when revenue is way down, almost no chance he would get fired for a poor win/loss record. IMO

I know everyone thinks it's easy to be an internet AD, but like it or not, that has to be a consideration that ADJW thinks about.

Dino will get next year. If he doesn't go bowling hes gone

Honestly, who do we replace him with? There's nobody. Sean Lewis isn't coming back here. We've got the best HC we can possibly get.

Honestly, who do we replace him with? There's nobody. Sean Lewis isn't coming back here. We've got the best HC we can possibly get.

You don't think there is a HC out there who can play fundamentally sound football and go 4-8 vs keeping Dino and going 2-10 with no talent and undisciplined football?

Financials is the consideration I was referring to and it's an important one when you're the AD.
They might not get 22,000 for games next year if fans are allowed. Getting buried every game, and keeping your coach in year 5, should not be an option.

You don't think there is a HC out there who can play fundamentally sound football and go 4-8 vs keeping Dino and going 2-10 with no talent and undisciplined football?

Honestly? I don't know.

There are easily a dozen coaches he could be replaced with.
NFL OC
Hot Mac or 6 head coach
SEC ACC BIG OC/DC

My pick would be Joe. Guys a heck of a coach. Would bring amazing east coast recruiting ties.
He could retain Monroe.
Bottom line there are a slew of coaches who can do better than Dino.
I truly think he had one foot on the West Coast after our 10 win year.
At this point he gets a pass because of injuries but only 1 more year.
You do realize that if you take away the Dungy year he is almost as bad as Gerg.

They might not get 22,000 for games next year if fans are allowed. Getting buried every game, and keeping your coach in year 5, should not be an option.

You might be right. I'm not an expert on the AD financials like Dino's buyout, paying for an extra year for all these guys who want to take it, paying for a new coaching staff etc like apparently you are.

NFL OC
Hot Mac or 6 head coach
SEC ACC BIG OC/DC

My pick would be Joe. Guys a heck of a coach. Would bring amazing east coast recruiting ties.
He could retain Monroe.
You do realize that if you take away the Dungy year he is almost as bad as Gerg.

I don't think that's true. If you take away the Dungey year, then he's still got a better record than Shafer at this point.

I think Shafer was 7-6, 3-9, 4-8. Babers is 4-8, 4-8, 10-3, 5-7.

We are going to lose so much talent in this offseason to the transfer portal it’s not going to be good.

keeping Dino could cost you money with fans in the stands...

Im actually thinking of asking for a refund on my tickets for next season if they keep Dino. I can’t justify spending weekends watching this team and the money that goes with it

NFL OC
Hot Mac or 6 head coach
SEC ACC BIG OC/DC

He could retain Monroe.

Who knows who will be available in a year. I want nothing to do with an OC/DC they don't know how to run a program let alone one with our challenges. We need prior HC. Right now the shortlist for me would be Moorhead, Leipold, Chuck Martin, and long shot Mike Houston. And Marrone if available.

All I'm saying is ADJW can't just make an emotional reactionary decision like how you handle everything.
It’s not emotional to say we are one of the worst P5 teams. There’s no was ADJW is happy with what we are all seeing. It would be a major financial hit to fire him without a doubt but idk if the product will be better next year with him

If you're looking at a new HC, you can't take a flyer on someone inexperienced.

It’s not emotional to say we are one of the worst P5 teams. There’s no was ADJW is happy with what we are all seeing. It would be a major financial hit to fire him without a doubt but idk if the product will be better next year with him

I don't think it will be either to be honest. All I'm saying is there are financial considerations that I don't think any of us have the full picture of that ADJW will have to consider in the decision. It's honestly not meant to be a controversial take.

I don't think that's true. If you take away the Dungey year, then he's still got a better record than Shafer at this point.

I think Shafer was 7-6, 3-9, 4-8. Babers is 4-8, 4-8, 10-3, 5-7.
Not sure what you mean by take away the Dungey year. Are you saying the anomaly 10 win season? If that is the case then Shafer was 14-23 and Babers is 13-23.

Not sure what you mean by take away the Dungey year. Are you saying the anomaly 10 win season? If that is the case than Shafer was 14-23 and Babers is 13-23.

You have to give at least 2 of those wins to Dino because we won them with TD. Let's call that 2-1 (given Notre Dame). It'd be Babers 15-24,