I think Mike Hopkins is a good coach | Syracusefan.com

I think Mike Hopkins is a good coach

cuseinseattle

All American
Maybe it is because I expected ups and downs with this team from the beginning and I didn't really change my expectations dramatically after Atlantis but I like the fact he has been trapping a little more and I think he has done a pretty good job. I always agreed with Boeheim saying if we didn't make shots that we couldn't beat anybody. I didn't think that was coach speak. I expected the G-Town loss but was surprised by the St. Johns loss. I thought we would hit a rough patch and lose a few ACC games that we didn't expect to which could lead to a few game losing streak based on our reliance on shooting. If you had offered me 7-3 at this point I would have probably taken it. I would have expected the losses to be to G-Town, UConn and the loser of the A & M/Gonzaga game but all in all I like the way it turned out. Beating UConn was really enjoyable. I think a lot of the criticism of Hopkins makes no sense to me. When people use the whole idea of having Boeheim on the sidelines we could have won argument it completely baffles me. Of course it would have been better. Boeheim has been a head coach for 40 years. I think there needs to be realistic expectations. If you expect a Hall of Fame Coach with close to 1000 wins and 40 years under his belt to leave and the next guy to come in and do everything right out of the gate at the same clip I would challenge you to show me another case in history where that has happened. In the long run I think we will stay as a good solid program but there will be a learning curve in some ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom