I thought Cole was upset at the end of the game. He went to say | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I thought Cole was upset at the end of the game. He went to say

Cole played with a lot of emotion and was very intense while in the Bahamas. JB was on him a lot, especially during the VCU game, which I’m sure was not caught on camera. I don’t think anything happened after the FSU game.

So he “seems like a diva” but very well could just be intense??
Yeah. The games I've seen he seems to be quick to get on guys who missed him on a pass and looks for a call every time. You like the wink pre FTs I don't. Seems like a diva to me but don't know him so it may be intensity. May not. Whether it bugs all the Dr. Naismith's on the board...don't care.

It was sad to see Benny with his head down late in the game and after. He knows he didn't contribute much and he got chewed by JB at least once.

I just hope he has got the inner drive to work hard to get better. As I said before the season started and Cheri has said a couple times since, he needs to get use to the speed of the game. That will help him get comfortable enough to start doing some of the things JB wants to see.

It was sad to see Benny with his head down late in the game and after. He knows he didn't contribute much and he got chewed by JB at least once.

I just hope he has got the inner drive to work hard to get better. As I said before the season started and Cheri has said a couple times since, he needs to get use to the speed of the game. That will help him get comfortable enough to start doing some of the things JB wants to see.

When Jimmy made those back to back drives for baskets Benny was up cheering after the second one.

Perhaps he realized that when the Noles started intentionally fouling with 2 minutes to go, they had only been assessed 3 FREAKING FOULS for the half up to that point? This despite playing a very physical defense that seemingly challenges every pass

Yeah. The games I've seen he seems to be quick to get on guys who missed him on a pass and looks for a call every time. You like the wink pre FTs I don't. Seems like a diva to me but don't know him so it may be intensity. May not. Whether it bugs all the Dr. Naismith's on the board...don't care.
My only point was if you are going to immediately acknowledge your diva label may be wrong, and that it could actually be his intensity you are seeing, then you should pause before dropping the label in the first place.

Hey - did y'all notice (and sorry if already mentioned) when Cole went to shoot his free throws at the end of the game he went and got a towel to wipe/dry his hands and gave a wink to someone (bench maybe?) like, I've got this. Then he nails both. I loved that swagger. That's the attitude you need in that moment.

If Bennie has a problem I think it would be with himself ,about his play. He seems like a very bright young man and sure realizes the coach is all about him getting better.

Cole needs someone that can be the yin to his yang and help him channel that energy.

For anyone that suffered thru the ‘89 Mets, think of Kevin Elster and Gregg Jefferies.

Cole needs to have a trust / bond with someone that won’t let him get to heated and keep him on track.

Because when he hits shots, it’s our tipping point.

Hey - did y'all notice (and sorry if already mentioned) when Cole went to shoot his free throws at the end of the game he went and got a towel to wipe/dry his hands and gave a wink to someone (bench maybe?) like, I've got this. Then he nails both. I loved that swagger. That's the attitude you need in that moment.
24E1466C-0457-4839-AF37-34F47D10E5FA.gif

Perhaps he was upset at the refs for not calling him for a foul with around 5 seconds left in the game. When we were up 3, seemed like we were trying to intentionally to give up 2 FT's instead. It seems like he swiped and caught the FSU player... or perhaps it was somebody else.

Of course given how that turned out last game against Indiana it may have been a good thing.
That’s exactly what it was

Love to see Buddy being restrained. Love to see Cole F..ing at guys. We need to be tougher to have some swag. About time and a very good sign.

I started calling Swider "Meanstreak" 3 games ago...

Seems to get that fired-up scowl going when we make plays.

Certainly like the intensity.:mad:

Cole needs someone that can be the yin to his yang and help him channel that energy.

For anyone that suffered thru the ‘89 Mets, think of Kevin Elster and Gregg Jefferies.

Cole needs to have a trust / bond with someone that won’t let him get to heated and keep him on track.

Because when he hits shots, it’s our tipping point.

Especially considering Jesse, Joe and Jimmy's production has been huge so far this year. When Cole and Buddy both starting find their range a lot tips in our favor.

Especially considering Jesse, Joe and Jimmy's production has been huge so far this year. When Cole and Buddy both starting find their range a lot tips in ourteams favor.
Jesse is the main reason this team has a pulse...he creates issues for teams that try to take away our perimeter. He has improved so much in two years. His foul shooting is huge...

Jesse is the main reason this team has a pulse...he creates issues for teams that try to take away our perimeter. He has improved so much in two years. His foul shooting is huge...

No doubt. He has gone from a guy finding his game the end of last year to being in the conversation with Mark W at Duke, Malik W at the ville and Bacot at UNC for being the best Centers in the ACC. I would argue that with so much more room to get better he also is neck and neck with Mark W on just how good he can be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom