I thought Cole was upset at the end of the game. He went to say | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I thought Cole was upset at the end of the game. He went to say

Jesse is the main reason this team has a pulse...he creates issues for teams that try to take away our perimeter. He has improved so much in two years. His foul shooting is huge...
we should have a team rule he has to touch the ball once every 5 trips. HIs skill set is as good as any big we have had in a long time. We need to take advantage of it.

we should have a team rule he has to touch the ball once every 5 trips. HIs skill set is as good as any big we have had in a long time. We need to take advantage of it.

Re watching the last couple games the one thing Jesse still needs to work on is getting stronger so he can post his man earlier. Quite a few times Joe, Buddy, Jimmy and Cole all were looking for him but Jesse couldn't establish position and a target. That is all part of development so not a criticism. It's scary to think just how good this kid can be once he is stronger and able to post his man every possession. The shooters outside give him the space so it's now more about being able to screen and then roll or post/re-post quickly and effectively.

He already does a nice job providing a target over the top. He is the one piece of the puzzle that is an advantage over Nova we have so it will be interesting to see how Nova attacks him.

Only saw the highlights of the game - christmas tree and all that - but on that play, definitely looked like Cole was looking for the foul. What I appreciated though, was that after looking to complain to the refs, he recognized the play was ongoing, and hightailed it to the paint to try to make sure they didn't get a putback or the like. I'll never like the complaining to refs, especially in that moment, but always appreciate the hustle to get back into the mix.

Re watching the last couple games the one thing Jesse still needs to work on is getting stronger so he can post his man earlier. Quite a few times Joe, Buddy, Jimmy and Cole all were looking for him but Jesse couldn't establish position and a target. That is all part of development so not a criticism. It's scary to think just how good this kid can be once he is stronger and able to post his man every possession. The shooters outside give him the space so it's now more about being able to screen and then roll or post/re-post quickly and effectively.

He already does a nice job providing a target over the top. He is the one piece of the puzzle that is an advantage over Nova we have so it will be interesting to see how Nova attacks him.
Agree - also liked what Joe was able to do in terms of getting him mismatches off the switch. With Jesse's skill set it doesn't have to be a dunk to punish a little defender.

Cole needs someone that can be the yin to his yang and help him channel that energy.

For anyone that suffered thru the ‘89 Mets, think of Kevin Elster and Gregg Jefferies.

Cole needs to have a trust / bond with someone that won’t let him get to heated and keep him on track.

Because when he hits shots, it’s our tipping point.

i gotta say i did not expect to see kevin elster and gregg jefferies references dropped in this thread.

#LFGM

i gotta say i did not expect to see kevin elster and gregg jefferies references dropped in this thread.

#LFGM

I had subscribed to Sports Illustrated that year and got a 1989 Mets video for my subscription.

Lot of those two featured in it.

I mean sports fans we can acknowledge that Swider has the male athlete equivalent of RBF.

I had subscribed to Sports Illustrated that year and got a 1989 Mets video for my subscription.

Lot of those two featured in it.

#LFGM
Does that mean Cole should spend hours practicing his shot in a swimming pool (obscure Jefferies reference)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom