I usually dislike the BBall board after a loss | Syracusefan.com

I usually dislike the BBall board after a loss

If my kid is a career A student and he starts coming home one semester with D's and C's you think I'm going to be pleased that he's passing even though we know there can be better?
What if your kid was taking a pass/fail class, and passed... would you be displeased?

What if your kid was taking a pass/fail class, and passed... would you be displeased?
That's a terrible example. You can pass with the equivalent of a C-. That doesn't make a C- okay.

It is possible to be glad for a win, yet critical knowing that not every team SU plays will go 10 minutes without making a shot.
It's also possible to realize that SU did not play well (we all do), but also voice excitement of getting a road win in the ACC even if it's ugly... I don't see much of that.

If my kid is a career A student and he starts coming home one semester with D's and C's you think I'm going to be pleased that he's passing even though we know there can be better?
Frankly I don't think you'd be pleased if this team beat Duke by 20, as long as Boeheim was coaching.

It's also possible to realize that SU did not play well (we all do), but also voice excitement of getting a road win in the ACC even if it's ugly... I don't see much of that.
Probably because of the opponent. Georgia Tech is not a good team, so there's not a lot to get excited about in beating them by one point in one of the most poorly played game in the last 30 years.

That's a terrible example. You can pass with the equivalent of a C-. That doesn't make a C- okay.
Using an academic example is silly. I graduated from SU with a 3.56 GPA, but had one C+ in Stats 210, and I was excited to pass... but according to you it's "not okay," what?!

Using an academic example is silly. I graduated from SU with a 3.56 GPA, but had one C+ in Stats 210, and I was excited to pass... but according to you it's "not okay," what?!
As someone with a 3.56 GPA, I would assume you realize that a C is generally nothing to celebrate.

I refuse to get bent out of shape by a win, no matter how ugly. Losses bother me plenty. I don't need any added aggravation.

I did celebrate getting through a class I struggled immensely with, thanks though.

A hard stats class would be, say, beating Duke on the road this year. Yeah, I'll be happy if we win, period. But Georgia Tech is like an intro survey course.

Frankly I don't think you'd be pleased if this team beat Duke by 20, as long as Boeheim was coaching.

I'd be ecstatic if we beat Duke by 20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom