I usually dislike the BBall board after a loss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I usually dislike the BBall board after a loss

I'm confident you'd still b1tch about something Boeheim did/didn't do.

To beat Duke by 20 this year we'd need an absolute perfect game. I literally cannot envision what could possibly happen that I'd be miffed about yet still allow us to win not in a tight one, but a blowout against the #2 team in the country.

But by all means, continue to try and paint yourself as the better, pure fan, because I'm at the moment cynical and critical about the season.

If my kid is a career A student and he starts coming home one semester with D's and C's you think I'm going to be pleased that he's passing even though we know there can be better?

I'm hoping your kid is in HS for a little shorter stretch than I've been an SU fan ... ;)

We can't beat Cornell by 20, we're not beating Duke by 20.

So we played down and won. Is that the first time anyone's seen that happen? I didn't see the game, but geez, get off it a little, okay? How far do I have to look to find the "refs suck" thread?

edit: oops, forgot the :D

So we played down and won. Is that the first time anyone's seen that happen? I didn't see the game, but geez, get off it a little, okay? How far do I have to look to find the "refs suck" thread?
Nova game...think you started it right?

I'm hoping your kid is in HS for a little shorter stretch than I've been an SU fan ... ;)

You're that careeer student who is racking up Ph.D after Ph.D following this team, haha.

Maybe Coach stole your parking spot once.

I'm not important enough for my own parking spot. Thanks for rubbing that one in Hulk.

Popcorn.gif

I'm not important enough for my own parking spot. Thanks for rubbing that one in Hulk.

Hey, you could have been at the grocery store.

Did the players get any valuable experience out of this game that could make the end product better? I'd have to think so. Don't see why so many are so negative or focused solely on the bad.
Because what good did you actually see, other than being slightly less awful than Georgia Tech?

What else is there to talk about? Rak played pretty well. Gbinije was alright. Okay, we've exhausted the good.

Hey, you could have been at the grocery store.

Now I've gone off fantasizing about Wegman's. It's so unfair the closest one to me is like an hour away.

Full_Rebar said:
Bizarre? Did you watch that game and see a lot of positives?

It's one game. It happens.

Czar said:
If my kid is a career A student and he starts coming home one semester with D's and C's you think I'm going to be pleased that he's passing even though we know there can be better?

Would be more like one bad grade on one paper his freshman year.

jekelish said:
But it's not just one game. The negatives are a very distinct trend. Yes, we've won five games in a row, but man, we're not really improving.

Cooney is shooting better. Roberson is starting to look like a player. Silent G looks real solid at the three. And we won two close games that we would have lost a month ago.

We're getting better. Is it at a rate that will help us get enough marquee wins to be tourney bound. Entirely different question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom